Hail a gypsy cab, takes me down from Harlem to the Brooklyn Bridge
    Someone sleeps tonight with a hunger far more than an empty fridge

Have a It People

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win here could put TFC in a home playoff game spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great if Herdman could release Laryea early so he could play in this game.

I think Cordova will get the start in the next game for Canada so why bother keeping him eh?

Morrow is doubful to play. Deleon is hurt again. I dont get why Vanney took Auro off when Deleon was still hobbling around out there. I believe Vanney was saving Moor for this game (smaller field and grass) and thats why Ciman started.

Auro-Omar-Moor-Morgan
    Pozuelo-Bradley-Delgado
    Gallardo-Jozy-Benezet

Maybe give the Shaff a start here for more rotation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the timing of subs from last game, I suspect:

Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--Morgan
    Poz--Bradley--Delgado
    Gallardo--Jozy--Shaff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Based on the timing of subs from last game, I suspect:

Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--Morgan
    Poz--Bradley--Delgado
    Gallardo--Jozy--Shaff
    If the CMNT players are still gone and delion injury is nothing big. I think you will see the same lineup as last night with the only change being up front Jozy for Mullins No way you can sit Nico and play shaff on Wednesday. Maybe at home on Sunday but no way against Nycfc Nico’s got two in two game and you need to just keep riding that. If the National team guys are back then Delion will prob sit and you will see a change there too. Ciman is hit and miss for the next game as well. I think CM (ankle) will still be out and if he is then Ciman should get the start again. I felt that he earned it last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the tiny field touch matters. That speaks to Benezet and Ciman (there is a logic to Moor as well). Oso would be playing if he was with us for that reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice mid-week trip to the big apple. Now if only they could blow out a side of yankee stadium to create a proper pitch shape Hopefully the team does nothing but close quarter rondos to get ready for the 1/2 touch max super futsal court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    On the tiny field touch matters. That speaks to Benezet and Ciman (there is a logic to Moor as well). Oso would be playing if he was with us for that reason.
    While I would love Benezet to start, I'm not sure his fitness is up for two 90 mins in 4 days. I imagine that is what held him out of the line-up for so long.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched NYFC's last game, they look like they can be beat. They've got some international absences, and it looks like Moralez is suspended due to yellow card accumulation. Of course on that pitch, any game is a crap shoot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heber is also out injured. He's their star striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    14 goals in 20 games and came from Croatian league. Makes you think maybe TFC should let Jozy go and look for a guy like Heber who probably costs 1/5th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    14 goals in 20 games and came from Croatian league. Makes you think maybe TFC should let Jozy go and look for a guy like Heber who probably costs 1/5th.
    Jozy is a beast, and when he plays he's easily one of our best players. But he's unreliable. We need a striker who will play the vast majority of the games, and who is less injury prone, and also who isn't going to miss games due to international call-ups. He's played 17 and missed 12. That's just not good enough. He missed even more last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time Jozy doesn't play a game, the "we should consider somebody else" stuff comes out.

Until he plays again.

In this game, I want his technical skill against their CB's. Benezet should be good to go - it's Gallardo I'd be more worried about.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like we're meeting them at an opportune time. Hope TFC can make the most of the opportunity. I had it penciled in as a "loss," but now a tie or even a win is possible, although not guaranteed.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I guess you're saying you would prefer a cheaper player to be injured?

Me, I'd prefer an uninjured player.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is reliable when it matters most; playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    While I would love Benezet to start, I'm not sure his fitness is up for two 90 mins in 4 days. I imagine that is what held him out of the line-up for so long.
    Fair point. I was assuming either defensive systems or attitude message from coaching staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bird in the hand. For every Hebert there is a failure of an acquisition by someone - maybe even two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Every time Jozy doesn't play a game, the "we should consider somebody else" stuff comes out.

Until he plays again.

In this game, I want his technical skill against their CB's. Benezet should be good to go - it's Gallardo I'd be more worried about.
    Ha! This is so accurate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matrita has been injured but scored a decently played one on Saturday (admittedly a cross to 4 open guys so one of them was bound to bundle it in) & a pen. He was a handful.

As for this game, the team we played back in the spring is not who they have been since. They are NOT going to be easy by any means & a point is more then most people expect us to get. We have to be locked down defensively agaisnt a team that loves to play the channels and play width (i.e. plays exactly where we are weakest). They are not the pass happy NYC of old - they play like we do with a block and then break. NYC are hard to break down - only 2 teams with less GA then them (LA & Atlanta) and when they get it, they play their quick passes and run.

We need to put their back line under pressure with quick quick passing & LOTS of movement everywhere. If we are lazy balling it around the back, we are dead meat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow, TFC's league record in past 10 games is 5W 2L 3D.
    Decent form, despite it looks like TFC is crapping the bed.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Jozy is a beast, and when he plays he's easily one of our best players. But he's unreliable. We need a striker who will play the vast majority of the games, and who is less injury prone, and also who isn't going to miss games due to international call-ups. He's played 17 and missed 12. That's just not good enough. He missed even more last year.
    Exactly, between injuries, callups and not playing on turf its a nightmare to be missing a DP for 50% of the games the past two years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... and it looks like Sean Johnson was released from international duty, he'll probably start against us.

and apparently the fine that Moralez paid for simulation vs. Cincinnati reset his good behaviour rating (i.e. it effectively takes away one yellow). He's now available for the game vs us.
    Last edited by Kayaker; 09-09-2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added moralez info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though NYCFC have only lost one at home this season on the kid-sized turf. I'd be happy with a draw and real happy for a win.
    Last edited by pfk; 09-09-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added 'this season'

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    .... and it looks like Sean Johnson was released from international duty, he'll probably start against us.

and apparently the fine that Moralez paid for simulation vs. Cincinnati reset his good behaviour rating (i.e. it effectively takes away one yellow). He's now available for the game vs us.
    The opposite for Moralez - he's still suspended.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The opposite for Moralez - he's still suspended.

As I quickly read it, it sounded like the yellow cards had been reset (i.e. the reduction of one via 4 games of 'good' behavior). I saw both tweets, but I concentrated on the graph. It looks like the reduction vs. Columbus didn't happen due to the fine vs. Cincinatti. Ergo, the NE yellow was his 5th and therefore warrants a suspension.

Thanks for fixing my faulty logic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a couple others have mentioned, all things considered I'd settle for a draw for this one, and then if we can pull off a win against the Rapids on Sunday we'd be in really good shape moving forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    As I quickly read it, it sounded like the yellow cards had been reset (i.e. the reduction of one via 4 games of 'good' behavior). I saw both tweets, but I concentrated on the graph. It looks like the reduction vs. Columbus didn't happen due to the fine vs. Cincinatti. Ergo, the NE yellow was his 5th and therefore warrants a suspension.

Thanks for fixing my faulty logic!
    I was confused by both tweets as well - finally went with "well the league says x" in my mind

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moralez is suspended:
    With Moralez suspended for Wednesday’s home match versus Toronto FC due to yellow card accumulation, Torrent hinted that Medina would make his fifth start in 15 games against the Reds.
    https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/new...-of-the-table/

Heber out injured is even more significant:

Heber has scored 14 goals in 17 games this season. Only three players have scored more. More pertinently, New York have gone 12-2-3 in games that Heber has played. In matches that Heber has not played, City have gone 2-3-5. That paints the full picture.
    https://mlsmultiplex.com/2019/09/06/...astrous-seems/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    As a couple others have mentioned, all things considered I'd settle for a draw for this one, and then if we can pull off a win against the Rapids on Sunday we'd be in really good shape moving forward.
    in the span of 4 days BET365 had our chance of winning this game at 24%, as of this morning BET365 has our chance of winning this game at 35%
    this is a huge move