Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 151 to 161 of 161
  1. #151
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    PS. Never a penalty. Come on.
    The message is clear. Defenders in the box must tuck their arms behind their backs now.

  2. #152
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I wish people would lay off Zavaletta a bit. We all know whatís up. Heís looked out of place since the 2018 CL run if you ask me. But he was part of the best team we ever had. Letís just trade knowing glances and move on.
    Pretty much this.

    ******

    Ciman was OK last night - only two heartbreak slide tackles. He'll be good to go with Moor for the Voyageurs. I think there was a lot of "lets get them some minutes before the trip to Montreal" going on. That and we have 7 games in 29 days.

  3. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had a great time at the Canada game, and was seeing the updates from this one come in on my phone. Nice to have a comfy victory again. It's Cincinnati, but good to see we dominated rather than eeked it out.

  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t particularly like Poz on the left. Rather see him in the middle in a 4-2-3-1.

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They have one more win so goal differential doesnít matter right now.
    thanks didnt know that

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post




    I honestly think we don't get another league win this season.
    that is quite the statement. scared me at first because if you are correct we most likely wont't make the playoffs

    so lets see how accurate your statement is:

    not winning a game is the opposite of winning a game
    so if tfc has a 65% chance of winning the game, it has a 35% chance of not winning the game 100-65=35

    so I made an assumption of what the odds are going to be in each of tfc last remaining five games to figure this out

    NYCFC game 25% win, =75% not win odds were posted for this game already
    Colorado game 70% win= 30% not win odds were posted for this game already
    LAFC game 20% win= 80% not win my assumed odds
    Chicago game 40% win=60% not win my assumed odds
    Columbus game 65% win=35% not win my assumed odds

    multiply all the not win probabilities together .75*.3*.80*.6*.35=0.04

    4% chance tfc does not win one game the rest of the season, according to oddsmakers
    Last edited by stevep; 09-08-2019 at 07:57 PM.

  7. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pretty much this.

    ******

    Ciman was OK last night - only two heartbreak slide tackles. He'll be good to go with Moor for the Voyageurs. I think there was a lot of "lets get them some minutes before the trip to Montreal" going on. That and we have 7 games in 29 days.
    i thought ciman was a bit better than ok. clean sheets have to be worth a fair bit. even though it was taken away from them last night. they still deserved it. it says alot for he and omar to hold that against a desperate offence that changed formations and players and we still dominated. he played with confidence which is likely due to him being beside omar. moor should offer the same comfort. i do expect to see them teamed up against mtl in Vcup. i also expect we have seen the last of the nephew.he may not see meaningful minutes for us again. and that is probably the right decision.

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Every CB looks a lot better playing beside Omar. Ciman might be worth keeping around as long as he isn’t playing with Mavinga or Moor.

  9. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    thanks didnt know that
    Plus, MLS uses head-to-head results as the first tiebreaker anyway, so goal difference isn't as important.

  10. #160
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Plus, MLS uses head-to-head results as the first tiebreaker anyway, so goal difference isn't as important.

    Not at all actually

    TEAM STANDINGS, TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES: The team awarded the highest position in the MLS standings will be the team with the greatest number of points (three points for a win, one point for a tie, zero points for a loss). In the event that two or more teams finish the regular season with an equal number of points, the following system will be used to break the tie:
    1. Total number of wins
    2. Goal Differential (GD)
    3. Goals For (GF)
    4. Fewest Disciplinary Points*
    5. Away Goals Differential
    6. Away Goal For
    7. Home Goals Differential
    8. Home Goal For
    9. Coin Toss (tie of two clubs) or Drawing of Lots (tie of three or more clubs)
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/off...ns#tiebreakers

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, shit. Okay, I'm wrong.

    But didn't they used to use head-to-head? Did they change it?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •