Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those times I complained about var, people didn’t understand. What a disgraceful way to blow a 5-0 win...

It’s getting comical the amount of goals var has scored on us. How are the referees missing all these CLEAR AND OBVIOUS errors

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Surely that is the end of Zavaletta at TFC? It was dramatic and conclusive proof that he is not good enough for this level. For me the more disturbing thing is why Vanney felt he should play him?...

DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs. The option was to either change formation and have Morgan as a CB or this. There wasn't much choice, unfortunately. That and it was 4-0 at the time and Zavs doesn't have a history of rapid stupid yellow card offences (unlike Ciman).

I'm convinced that baring a contract that can't be gotten out of, that Zavs is not here next season.

I'm also still not convinced we make the playoffs. There are issues in the defence & right in front of it that make me think we will have problems against NYC & Colorado. No points in the next 2 & the pressure goes right back on this team - then we are searching for a result in Chicago while under pressure and as we saw once this team started to be thinking about a shutout, I don't think this defence can handle their own self imposed pressure.

I honestly think we don't get another league win this season. Yes, we look better balanced of late but we havn't played a decent team since that loss to the Red Bulls. Wednesday is a big test of quality while next Sunday is a HUGE test of character.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-07-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs.
    Except Moor was there... still shouldn’t have been such a disaster bringing Zav in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Nephew ultimately cost TFC the clean sheet by setting up the set piece. Even before his knuckleheaded play, he was having a terrible game. I think even the most biased uncle's eye can see that he shouldn't play for the Reds again this season, and hopefully never.
    i believe he has also put us in 6th place rather than 5th place
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

we would have been +4 goal differential vs nyrb +3 now we both are at +3 goal differential

its no big deal in the first round we just now have to play atlanta vs playing dc united
    Last edited by stevep; 09-07-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the rule is you can't say that until we get 5.

Nice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    Except Moor was there... still shouldn’t have been such a disaster bringing Zav in
    Me bad...forgot about him on the bench.

Yeah, Moor would have been a better choice.

Zavs tonight was a bit like watching Hagglund play that game at RB way back when in Dallas when he got burnt 3 times for goals in the first 10 minutes - that was the lightning storm Seba scoring from the end line game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game vs a weak opponent. Great for the guys who scored to boost their confidence going into the playoff hunt.
    Nice to see us be ruthless and continue playing for the entire match.

On another note, I hope this is the last time we ever see Zavaleta. This clown looks lost everytime he steps on the field. He should thank Vanney for the rest of his life he was able to fleece management into an inflated and extended contract. Good riddance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its funny, how we totally beat up cincy, vanney makes a great decisions to rest mavinga and jozy
    we are now virtually guaranteed the playoffs and everyone including myself is compaining about zav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I would bring on Endoh for Gallardo. Endoh deserves some minutes and Gallardo has taken some hard knocks already.
    Are you Curtis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    On the good side, a solid win, brings TFC within distance of a home playoff game. Puts more space between TFC and Montreal. Nice to see Bradley get a goal. Morgan had a good 30ish minutes.
    Every time he plays, Morgan does well. He should b ahead of Auro.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points is 3 points.

Waste of energy though. I hope we dont think about this for longer than a couple minutes. Next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me bad...forgot about him on the bench.

Yeah, Moor would have been a better choice.

Zavs tonight was a bit like watching Hagglund play that game at RB way back when in Dallas when he got burnt 3 times for goals in the first 10 minutes - that was the lightning storm Seba scoring from the end line game.
    i was furious at the coach that game. So unfair to Hahggs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Great game vs a weak opponent. Great for the guys who scored to boost their confidence going into the playoff hunt.
    Nice to see us be ruthless and continue playing for the entire match.

On another note, I hope this is the last time we ever see Zavaleta. This clown looks lost everytime he steps on the field. He should thank Vanney for the rest of his life he was able to fleece management into an inflated and extended contract. Good riddance.
    He earned that contract. This stuff is way too harsh. Plus it’s 300,000. Not 3,000,000. Lets have some perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    its funny, how we totally beat up cincy, vanney makes a great decisions to rest mavinga and jozy
    we are now virtually guaranteed the playoffs and everyone including myself is compaining about zav
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was ever a game to sub in Zavaleta, that was it. He didn't affect the final result (the win is what matters) and it gave him a chance to showcase his talents and skills. I think the poor guy has lost his confidence and his mind is totally on trying not to screw up, which leads to hesitation and overthinking, which leads to screw ups. And since his contract was signed in Jan 2018, I think it was probably a two year contract and he feels additional pressure to perform to get another contract and is leading to panicked mistakes. I can't see any place for him on this team next year at his current salary (which is more than what Marky Delgado makes), but if he managed to sign a 3 year contract TFC may be stuck with him for next year, which would be a waste because he is obviously a spent force now. If Vanney truly cared about his nephew, then he would have Curtis arrange a trade to a team where he can get his confidence back. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and I think Zavs has reached that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. Never a penalty. Come on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If there was ever a game to sub in Zavaleta, that was it. He didn't affect the final result (the win is what matters) and it gave him a chance to showcase his talents and skills. I think the poor guy has lost his confidence and his mind is totally on trying not to screw up, which leads to hesitation and overthinking, which leads to screw ups. And since his contract was signed in Jan 2018, I think it was probably a two year contract and he feels additional pressure to perform to get another contract and is leading to panicked mistakes. I can't see any place for him on this team next year at his current salary (which is more than what Marky Delgado makes), but if he managed to sign a 3 year contract TFC may be stuck with him for next year, which would be a waste because he is obviously a spent force now. If Vanney truly cared about his nephew, then he would have Curtis arrange a trade to a team where he can get his confidence back. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and I think Zavs has reached that point.
    Totally agreed. Sad. I have no beef with zavs, and he earned his contract with his performance in 2017. But it’s gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great time at the game. We had a good bunch of people who were chanting the full 90 at the game!

Fans were really nice as well in Cinci. They let us join them at their supporters bar pregame.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs. The option was to either change formation and have Morgan as a CB or this. There wasn't much choice, unfortunately. That and it was 4-0 at the time and Zavs doesn't have a history of rapid stupid yellow card offences (unlike Ciman).

I'm convinced that baring a contract that can't be gotten out of, that Zavs is not here next season.

I'm also still not convinced we make the playoffs. There are issues in the defence & right in front of it that make me think we will have problems against NYC & Colorado. No points in the next 2 & the pressure goes right back on this team - then we are searching for a result in Chicago while under pressure and as we saw once this team started to be thinking about a shutout, I don't think this defence can handle their own self imposed pressure.

I honestly think we don't get another league win this season. Yes, we look better balanced of late but we havn't played a decent team since that loss to the Red Bulls. Wednesday is a big test of quality while next Sunday is a HUGE test of character.
    Looking at the leaderboard now, I think it would be hard for us not to make the playoffs. But..I don’t think sneaking in with the last spot is any sort of notable accomplishment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does that PK leave TFC on the all-time single-season list? Got to be getting really close to that record now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Are you Curtis?
    No, but maybe I could coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish people would lay off Zavaletta a bit. We all know what’s up. He’s looked out of place since the 2018 CL run if you ask me. But he was part of the best team we ever had. Let’s just trade knowing glances and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I wish people would lay off Zavaletta a bit. We all know what’s up. He’s looked out of place since the 2018 CL run if you ask me. But he was part of the best team we ever had. Let’s just trade knowing glances and move on.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah we all know what's up. Problem is that Vanney doesn't. So until we stop seeing Zavaleta being Zavaleta on the pitch in games that matter, he should be called out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i believe he has also put us in 6th place rather than 5th place
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

we would have been +4 goal differential vs nyrb +3 now we both are at +3 goal differential

its no big deal in the first round we just now have to play atlanta vs playing dc united
    They have one more win so goal differential doesn’t matter right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah we all know what's up. Problem is that Vanney doesn't. So until we stop seeing Zavaleta being Zavaleta on the pitch in games that matter, he should be called out.
    I don't know what's up.

What's up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly missed this, there a stream up anywhere I can re-watch the whole thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually same goes for the Canada game if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i was furious at the coach that game. So unfair to Hahggs.
    That was the year we had Crevalle and Jackson at RB. Bloom was out for the year and Vanney had to make do with a band aid solution all year.