Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the point. NER remains a tough place to get points, for whatever reason.

Have to win in Cinci.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#moneyball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i typically rate Westburg, but that error was unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shitty way to lose what would've been a massive win. Game could've went either way, but it had gone ours and then Westberg just blew it. Aghhh...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Auro hurt, leave him in and put Akinola for the last 10 for a counter. Thought Mullins was good but out of gas. The real story is we all are second guessing Vanney now. Would have been happy with 1 pt before the game, now it feels like a loss.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    i typically rate Westburg, but that error was unbelievable.

Every keeper at this level does at least 1 per year like that - you hope it happens when you are already down by 3 or up by 4. Heck, the replays for EPL goals every week usually has 2 like that.

He's not the sort that will let that sit with him for longer then it should.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-31-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think after tonight's error we put in Bono; unacceptable to let a goal go in from outside of the box

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think the “team” is coming together. But now we need the killer instinct!!

COYRs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benezet is improving by the way, seems to be getting more comfortable. I liked what I saw from him. I'm not so convinced by Gallardo though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another shitshow! Westberg threw away three vital points with a schoolboy error, however that might not have mattered had Mullens not missed two absolute sitters and Gonzalez had shown a bit of desire when clean in on goal.

Let’s be honest, we have no attacking back up without Altidore. Curtis has messed up time after time and stuffed the team with cheap rejects. Even Pozeulo has looked average the past few games. If we do make the playoffs we’re not going deep into them, so whatever happens to end the season, the one thing I want is Ali Curtis gone and the new man to get rid of the junk Curtis brought it. It’s time to have a serious look at Vanney as well. We were coasting defensively in that game until we scored and Vanney started making changes to park the bus.

I’m so pissed tonight we let a vital 3pts slip away, that would have seen us climb two spots in the standings, by a combination of poor play and poor tactical decisions. The only bright lights were the captain who ran the show in the first half and Layrea who should be in the side ahead of Auro from now on.
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 08-31-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I think after tonight's error we put in Bono; unacceptable to let a goal go in from outside of the box
    I was at the Ottawa game at BMO Bono is huge. I could not get over how big the guy is.
    He's gotta be better than Q based on size alone.

Anyways, pretty sure we make the playoffs now.
    If Q makes that save we are 4th in pp/ g in the east and a home playoff game at BMO
    #vanneyout. See how silly that is now. Was that Vanneys fault?

No Jozy, against a very good new England team, away game.
    Didn't watch the game but before the game odds were Tfc expected points 1.0 new England 1.75

#vanneyin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please get rid of management; if this club had a vote of confidence to its members I guarantee this would not be passable by any means; TFC needs accountability; and right now we know that TFC doesn't have a way to keep the team accountable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put Bono in yes keepers make mistakes but come on Westberg has now made a few of them. Put Bono in maybe he brings back his 2017 performance. Moreover, he has the experience in playing in big games and doing well, every game from here on in will be big it’s time for Bono to be brought back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day New England’s goal summed up this season perfectly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I don't care if its pretty or whatever. As long as at the end we are above that line. Shitshow away point at NER when down Altidore? Take it. Now, we only get 1 point away to Cinci next week? NOT good enough.

What I would take the rest of the way

Cinci - 3
    NYC - 1
    Colorado - 3
    LAFC - no injuries
    Chicago - 3
    Columbus 3

What do I expect?

Cinci - 3
    NYC - 0
    Colorado - 1
    LAFC - 0
    Chicago - 1
    Columbus -1

I still think we don't do the playoffs because the defence is still too lax for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Moor for Benezet? Fuck sake.

Too many chances fucked up too. Should have been two or three nil before Benezet scored.

FUCK. SAKE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You know, I don't care if its pretty or whatever. As long as at the end we are above that line. Shitshow away point at NER when down Altidore? Take it. Now, we only get 1 point away to Cinci next week? NOT good enough.

What I would take the rest of the way

Cinci - 3
    NYC - 1
    Colorado - 3
    LAFC - no injuries
    Chicago - 3
    Columbus 3

What do I expect?

Cinci - 3
    NYC - 0
    Colorado - 1
    LAFC - 0
    Chicago - 1
    Columbus -1

I still think we don't do the playoffs because the defence is still too lax for me.
    If og hopeful points occur and dallas does on a playoff run and wins the west and we win the east MLS cup is at BMO again
    Last edited by stevep; 08-31-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is everyone so mad. We played well. Killed them on the xG. Like a different team compared to what we saw in Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Why is everyone so mad. We played well. Killed them on the xG. Like a different team compared to what we saw in Columbus.
    Agredd. If Q makes that save nobody is mad
    I do not consider games at Yankee stadium or foxboro real games anyways
    Last edited by stevep; 08-31-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand well is good; but considering how much money we spend on our team; well shouldn't cut it; we should be playing at a top of our league not leaving pts on the table; and being a fortress in every game we play; our management is content for well; I think majority of our fanbase want greatness to perfection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Tim L had said previously why can't Toronto FC be great

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody remembers 2013 anymore.

We all desperately want 2016-2017 - heck even 2015.

This team ain't it - the rumblings from Jozy & others this week indicates they all know it.

What people forget is most of the league isn't 2016-2017 TFC. Most of the league scores goals either through strange one offs or weird stuff or through their 1 or 2 great goal scorers. We have regressed to the norm.

Should the sum of these parts be better? Maybe.

Should we accept that this is good enough? Nope.

With 6 games left to make the playoffs & the Voyageurs coming up in a few weeks, should we worry about style points? Nope

Get it done if we can and then see what happens in the playoffs and then use a REAL off season to fix stuff, get rid of deadwood & retool with some of the parts we have to be better in 2020.

And if we don't make the playoffs, get in a new coach, use a REAL off season to fix stuff, get rid of deadwood & retool with some of the parts we have to be better in 2020.

People gotta learn how to support a team that is no longer good. We were crud forever and that was easy. We were getting better and then won, and that all was logical.

Now we gotta learn to support a team that isn't what we recently saw.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-31-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nobody remembers 2013 anymore.

We all desperately want 2016-2017 - heck even 2015.

This team ain't it - the rumblings from Jozy & others this week indicates they all know it.

What people forget is most of the league isn't 2016-2017 TFC. Most of the league scores goals either through strange one offs or weird stuff or through their 1 or 2 great goal scorers. We have regressed to the norm.

Should the sum of these parts be better? Maybe.

Should we accept that this is good enough? Nope.

With 6 games left to make the playoffs & the Voyageurs coming up in a few weeks, should we worry about style points? Nope

Get it done if we can and then see what happens in the playoffs and then use a REAL off season to fix stuff, get rid of deadwood & retool with some of the parts we have to be better in 2020.

And if we don't make the playoffs, get in a new coach, use a REAL off season to fix stuff, get rid of deadwood & retool with some of the parts we have to be better in 2020.

People gotta learn how to support a team that is no longer good. We were crud forever and that was easy. We were getting better and then won, and that all was logical.

Now we gotta learn to support a team that isn't what we recently saw.
    Add a Carlos Vela to this team, and we have a contender. Most MLS teams have interchangeable players, who are good at some things, and bad, at others. TFC is no different. There is mediocrity in parity, so one standout guy can, and often does, make all the difference. Sadly, our FO was too stupid to recognize this (yes, They should have given Seba that extension).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will always support the badge that is TFC, supported since the announcement of Toronto getting a team however i will never settle for average performances, we have such a salary we should be able to remain at the top, when we dont, we have to believe something is not right with the club management, i want TFC to strive for perfection but if our team fails, it looks like management is off the mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Too many guys on tfc who just cant score.
    No it's miscommunication between the TFC players all the time, they are constantly running into each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I will always support the badge that is TFC, supported since the announcement of Toronto getting a team however i will never settle for average performances, we have such a salary we should be able to remain at the top, when we dont, we have to believe something is not right with the club management, i want TFC to strive for perfection but if our team fails, it looks like management is off the mark
    Coaching, perhaps, not a #Vanneyout guy, but ffs, attack, attack we need wins not draws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raise your hand if you knew we were going to concede with that much time for Vanney to kill. Fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    No it's miscommunication between the TFC players all the time, they are constantly running into each other
    I thought that was part of the game plan. Completely and utterly confuse New England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I totally agree, the communication skills should fall back on to Vanney, and be able to bring out the best in his players