Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37
  1. #1
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Georgetown/Section 224
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fraser to be named Rapids new head coach

    https://www.espn.com/soccer/colorado...w-rapids-coach

    This, plus yesterday’s victory, secures Vanney’s tenure until the end of the year at least.
    Road Games: ‘16 - PHL, MTL, MTL (ECF); ‘17 - CLB, ORL, NYC, DCU, CHI, MTL;
    ‘18 - MTL, NER, OTT, ATL, MTL; ‘19 - MTL


  2. #2
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to him. May he do well (except against TFC).

  3. #3
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good for him. They've been talking for months, supposedly.

    Hope we whip his ass in a few weeks.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    “Conspiracy ensco” finds the timing of this fascinating. Colorado has needed a manager for months.

    I suspect Fraser was going to be the manager of an MLS team by Monday, the only question was, which one?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also - good for him. Congrats Robin.

    You always want your club to be a place where people can get big opportunities. That's part of what's required to attract the best people.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-25-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  6. #6
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Georgetown/Section 224
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    “Conspiracy ensco” finds the timing of this fascinating. Colorado has needed a manager for months.

    I suspect Fraser was going to be the manager of an MLS team by Monday, the only question was, which one?
    Road Games: ‘16 - PHL, MTL, MTL (ECF); ‘17 - CLB, ORL, NYC, DCU, CHI, MTL;
    ‘18 - MTL, NER, OTT, ATL, MTL; ‘19 - MTL


  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,344
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    “Conspiracy ensco” finds the timing of this fascinating. Colorado has needed a manager for months.

    I suspect Fraser was going to be the manager of an MLS team by Monday, the only question was, which one?
    Unless there's word floating that TFC were going to jettison most of the staff or at least Vanney & Fraser.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was reported months ago that the Rapids wanted him. Now why it took so long for him to accept...

  9. #9
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    It was reported months ago that the Rapids wanted him. Now why it took so long for him to accept...
    Molinaro tweeted that Fraser was torn. He loved being in Toronto but also wanted another chance to be head coach.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He has been a loyal servant to this club and never let ego get in the way. Good for him, and good for Vanney and Manning to let him take this opportunity at this moment.

  11. #11
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats to Robin. Will be interesting to see how the staff is restructured moving forward, does someone move up from within the organization or does Greg have someone in mind?

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I gotta say I don't know if Colorado is the job I would want to try to get my head coaching career off the ground. All the best to him though and I hope it works out.

  13. #13
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rapids coaches are hired to be fired.

    He'll be back, and in charge of this team, within 10 years.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I gotta say I don't know if Colorado is the job I would want to try to get my head coaching career off the ground. All the best to him though and I hope it works out.
    This is another thing that makes me wonder if Vanney wants to stay past the end of this year.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    “Conspiracy ensco” finds the timing of this fascinating. Colorado has needed a manager for months.

    I suspect Fraser was going to be the manager of an MLS team by Monday, the only question was, which one?
    I'm of the mind that was the case as well. I'm happy he's getting a chance to be a head coach again. I wish him the best of luck turning things around over there.

    I'm also very curious to see how Colorado plays next year and if there are TFC-esque formations and tactics used. I hope they give him at least 3 transfer windows to implement his style of play.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm of the mind that was the case as well. I'm happy he's getting a chance to be a head coach again. I wish him the best of luck turning things around over there.

    I'm also very curious to see how Colorado plays next year and if there are TFC-esque formations and tactics used. I hope they give him at least 3 transfer windows to implement his style of play.
    If you looked up "class act" in the encyclopedia, there's sure to be a picture of Robin Fraser there.

    Great servant, and a good man. Thanks for helping us on to glory and all else you've contributed behind the scenes.

    Have a sneaking feeling management see this as an opportunity to get in Vanney's replacement; will be interesting to get a read of Vanney's reaction to whomever's brought in to fill Fraser's shoes.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Curtis will probably replace him with someone from Duke circa 2000.

    Shane Battier has a good head on him and is available.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  18. #18
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wheeler just tweeted from the Politburo that Fraser is not being immediately replaced, but they will be looking internally if they choose to replace him.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/GarethWhe...86911912484864

    Sounds like they are thinking through their options.

  19. #19
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would be great if we could convince Cheyrou to come back and be assistant coach.

  20. #20
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wheeler just tweeted from the Politburo that Fraser is not being immediately replaced, but they will be looking internally if they choose to replace him.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/GarethWhe...86911912484864

    Sounds like they are thinking through their options.
    I would have been very surprised if TFC named an assistant - there is no reason for management to play games with Vanney's head right now. I get there is a lot of conspiracy theory stuff going on right now but Curtis' doesn't look better by TFC not making the playoffs.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wheeler just tweeted from the Politburo that Fraser is not being immediately replaced, but they will be looking internally if they choose to replace him.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/GarethWhe...86911912484864

    Sounds like they are thinking through their options.
    Vanney should be choosing and hiring this person. If he is thinking of leaving it would make sense that he wouldn’t hire

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Would be great if we could convince Cheyrou to come back and be assistant coach.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Would be great if we could convince Cheyrou to come back and be assistant coach.
    Cheyrou is pure class

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We got 75k in GAM from the Rapids for Fraser. Not bad.



    Also - I wonder if the Raipds end up trading for a TFC player or two in the offseason.

  25. #25
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

    Also - I wonder if the Raipds end up trading for a TFC player or two in the offseason.
    That's a good point. It's totally possible in a number of positions where TFC has a little too much depth but Colorado may have a need.

    I wonder if we can somehow work out some kind of deal where they take Zavaleta?

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,555
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's a good point. It's totally possible in a number of positions where TFC has a little too much depth but Colorado may have a need.

    I wonder if we can somehow work out some kind of deal where they take Zavaleta?
    And Moor

  27. #27
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    And Moor
    Kloke had an article out on the weekend where he asked Moor about coaching & he has no interest (although he would be excellent at it). Personally, I'd like to see Moor in the commentary booth somewhere. I suspect Moor retires a red.

  28. #28
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Danny would be a great choice for a promotion to the first team. But I am not sure he would look at it that way. From what I understand he is all about youth development and I can see him wanting to stay within the academy setup. Plus he has already been a first team assistant so he already knows what it would be like.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,344
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Moor in the commentary booth somewhere.
    Me too. He would be an absolute improvement on Caldwell.

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,555
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kloke had an article out on the weekend where he asked Moor about coaching & he has no interest (although he would be excellent at it). Personally, I'd like to see Moor in the commentary booth somewhere. I suspect Moor retires a red.
    Heard rumors pre season about him pushing to leave, wife wants to go back to USA. Wouldn't surprise me if he retired or left

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •