0 Thread(s)

Remi Garde just got fired

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey going to Joey

People might think we are dysfunctional management wise but little in this league beats the Stinky Cheese Man.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    Remi Garde just got fired
    Wow. Not even wait for the big rivalry match. Typical for Montreal, and especially for Joey Saputo.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Twitter:

Duane Rollins

@24thminute

·
    7m

“Because I have so much respect for Rémi as a person and as a professional, it was a very difficult decision to make and it was well thought, but our latest series of failures in the past couple of months ***and the way the team acts on the field***”

Wow.
    #IMFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should win, especially now that they have let their Garde down.

Womp womp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wow. Not even wait for the big rivalry match. Typical for Montreal, and especially for Joey Saputo.
    its a strong possibility that firing the manager before the end of the season will fire up the remaining staff/players and push to survive with playoff hopes, im not sure mtl is a team that will bounce back here. its a desperation move that tfc is not far removed from itself were it not for a more level headed head office. right??? firing the gaffer before a derby match is a very strong statement by the office.
    mtl wins and everything is back up in the air again in our office i would think. ppl in fancy suits will have to make a move of some kind.
    i personally would not be surprised nor would i mind now if vanney gets tossed should we lose. desperation being the biggest reason. if it works for mtl then we would have to follow suit

either way. it is classic saputo moment. he really needs to be relieved, he is ruining this rivalry for me. i want to hate mtl but i find myself feeling bad for them instead.
    tfc win 3-1 and vanney is a genius for a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post
    its a strong possibility that firing the manager before the end of the season will fire up the remaining staff/players and push to survive with playoff hopes, im not sure mtl is a team that will bounce back here. its a desperation move that tfc is not far removed from itself were it not for a more level headed head office. right??? firing the gaffer before a derby match is a very strong statement by the office.
    mtl wins and everything is back up in the air again in our office i would think. ppl in fancy suits will have to make a move of some kind.
    i personally would not be surprised nor would i mind now if vanney gets tossed should we lose. desperation being the biggest reason. if it works for mtl then we would have to follow suit

either way. it is classic saputo moment. he really needs to be relieved, he is ruining this rivalry for me. i want to hate mtl but i find myself feeling bad for them instead.
    Never feel bad for them. Ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal's done this before. Fired Klopas, hired Biello just before playing us in 2015. Montreal would go on to beat us 3 nil at home in the first round of the playoffs.

Correction they actually waited until after they lost to us to fire Klopas. We won 2-1. Same time of the year though (Late August)
    Last edited by portu; 08-22-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think it ever usually works to fire someone this late in. Didn’t for us when Nelsen was fired for Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don’t think it ever usually works to fire someone this late in. Didn’t for us when Nelsen was fired for Vanney.
    But the argument would be, did that help Vanney get further ahead in 2017, when we actually did quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a march to the match or any pre game plans?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Is there a march to the match or any pre game plans?
    March not gonna happen with the Ex in full swing. It's a mess down there.

Usual pre-game set ups in effect I suppose although lots of folks do their annual Ex wander during these matches since you get in for free. I am one of those people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post

Saputo removed lol he owns the team unless another buyer makes him an offer he can’t refuse. Saputo one of the richest Canadian companies don’t think is selling the Impact anytime soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Garde for Cabrera move makes a lot of sense for the Impact but the timing is bad as usual for Joey.

The Impact want to be run cheap. They will never be a 'top' team in regards to ambition and persuing players because Joey is a notorious cheapskate (in the business world too) and also very nuts (ditto). I think the move makes sense because Cabrera does have a reputation of upcoaching young players and I can see the Impact comfortably settling in as a permanent second tier MLS team. If Cabrera can replicate what he did in Dallas, then Montreal should remain a mid table team while saving a few bucks by shedding the older players and established DPs. Plus Joey probably sees that Dallas has and will be making some good $$$ off selling academy players and wants in on the action. Money is always very important to Crazy Joey.

I don't like looking at the bright side of things when it involves the Impact but if Cabrera does what he has done in the past then it could work out good for the young Canadians on the squad and may bring some future CMNT players into the national team mix. But for now, I can take some joy in the fact that he probably bollocksed their season with this move.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey Saputo is well known for his long term support of Quebec soccer, that's his one plus.

He has been incredibly cheap (he tried to get his stadium costs deducted from his franchise fee, which was only around $25 or $30m to start with). Stade Saputo compares unfavourably with most MLS stadiums. His team has always been a lower spending team.

He's done okay for himself while spending peanuts. His investment has gone up many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i worry for Saturday. We will have to start the game with an incredible focus. and the Shaff. Or one of the wingers. They will likely come out with tons of energy - we will need to both weather that and exploit the gaps they will leave. Im in favour of a 3-5-1-1 Gonzalez Moor Mavinga Laryea Oso Bradley Deleon Shaff Poz Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be shocked if Vanney pulls a surprise move and starts one or both TAM wingers or changes formation, or both. He's done things like that before in key games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be shocked if Vanney pulls a surprise move and starts one or both TAM wingers or changes formation, or both. He's done things like that before in key games.
    Yes, that makes sense. Possession and experience (choose from Oso, Bradley, Marky, Deleon) combined with movement and pace (choose from Auro, Laryea, new guys, Shaff and Endoh).

Fits 3-5-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 or even 4-1-3-2 Less so 4-4-2

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but what does it say that having the coach play our new TAM signings would be a surprise move. I wonder how many teams bring in high priced talent and then don't play them :-o

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I'm sorry, but what does it say that having the coach play our new TAM signings would be a surprise move. I wonder how many teams bring in high priced talent and then don't play them :-o
    Nice... But No actually,

I think he parks the bus and deploys two goalies (trying to confuse the ref and league). Worried that Montreal might pose a such drastic offensive threat with the coaching change that we shouldn't risk trying to score unless on a counter. So none but defenders and holding midfielders

Westberg - Bono
    Auro-Gonzalez-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    Delgado - Bradley - Zavaleta

Morgan

Only DP will be Bradley, TAMs and other DPs will sit. Of course the fans won't mind it because we will play for the draw, play offs guaranteed with 9 games left.

COYRs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We should win, especially now that they have let their Garde down.

Womp womp
    Come on guys, don't just skip over this great post w/o quoting or commenting!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    March not gonna happen with the Ex in full swing. It's a mess down there.

Usual pre-game set ups in effect I suppose although lots of folks do their annual Ex wander during these matches since you get in for free. I am one of those people.
    Funny enough, in past years that's when we would do the March as it would have best effects during the CNE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Funny enough, in past years that's when we would do the March as it would have best effects during the CNE.
    Some of my favourite marches have happened at this fixture during the CNE. Hoping there’s plans of one for Saturday. Best way to kick off the derby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    I find that security everywhere is up a notch these days. I expect it to be a pain getting in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Nice... But No actually,

I think he parks the bus and deploys two goalies (trying to confuse the ref and league). Worried that Montreal might pose a such drastic offensive threat with the coaching change that we shouldn't risk trying to score unless on a counter. So none but defenders and holding midfielders

Westberg - Bono
    Auro-Gonzalez-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    Delgado - Bradley - Zavaleta

Morgan

Only DP will be Bradley, TAMs and other DPs will sit. Of course the fans won't mind it because we will play for the draw, play offs guaranteed with 9 games left.

COYRs

Also Nice, in fact Nicer!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Some of my favourite marches have happened at this fixture during the CNE. Hoping there’s plans of one for Saturday. Best way to kick off the derby.

I'm sure inebriatti will have one. They usually do and they go big for big games. Just go to liberty village market cafe area early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assume we play a 4-3-3 on Saturday.

Morrow,mav,og lareya
    Benezet, Jozy, Gallardo
    Who would be the 3 midfielders and where would they play
    I cannot figure this out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Assume we play a 4-3-3 on Saturday.

Morrow,mav,og lareya
    Benezet, Jozy, Gallardo
    Who would be the 3 midfielders and where would they play
    I cannot figure this out
    Morrow is injured. Ummmm cant figure out Bradley and Pozuelo ? Lol Osorio probably is the third Mid field.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Morrow is injured. Ummmm cant figure out Bradley and Pozuelo ? Lol Osorio probably is the third Mid field.
    Maving was in the automobile accident. Has he been cleared to play?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I know those are the three. Sorry didn't word question properly
    But you didn't answer where they would play.
    Which guy is on left side
    Which guy is in the middle
    Which guy is on the right side
    Last edited by stevep; 08-23-2019 at 09:19 AM.