Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    C'mon man.. I don't get you people. How quickly people forget the impact this guy had.

Giovinco single handily won us games we had no business winning. On more than 1 occasion.
    Put Gio on any team and they are winning an additional 5-6 game minimum - that's a big deal

even if he isn't scoring - As mentioned earlier - he has 2-3 guys on him - leaving the rest of the team open to play much more freely. That's a factor you are not considering in your two examples.

Gio made a difference and would do so on any contending team he's put on.
    The more terrible games I watch of us this season the more I realize what a gem Seba was. He literally single handedly won us games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Giovinco wasn’t the best player? You forget that when he was on the field, he had 3 defenders surrounding him, kicking his shins, grabbing his shirt....his presence altered the game in ways that nobody else on the team could match....he still scored 20 goals in all competitions....he provided the room for Altidore, the first touch that nobody else in MLS could match....My dog could have coached that 2017 team.....this is what Altidore misses....what I miss
    I agree with you and Oldtimer: Seba absolutely was our best player—most consistent, to be sure, even if you could hand around MOTM to a few different players (i.e. Altidore was very, very clutch for us)… but, I don't think just anyone could have gotten it right, tactically; it might have been hard NOT to fare well with that squad, but I'm not sure the results/levels we reached could be achieved with just anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I beg to differ. An impact player makes a difference but not the difference. I truly believe we have the talent, although some of them aging out of their positions and need replacing. Our tactics are all wrong and we are not playing to our strengths. We are currently playing to whatever logic Vanney has going on at the moment. Bad coach? Nah, past his best by with this squad? Absolutely
    Not saying it would be impossible to do well or even go all the way with this squad, but I don't think, with how the league has levelled up, that we can come close to being as dominant a force as we were in 2017. If that's our aim, I feel like one of the wingers we signed recently, for example, needed to be able to, as 69Chevy69 so aptly put it, strike fear into the opposition and occupy at least a couple defenders, the way Seba used to.

Fingers crossed that one of our recent signees can surprise us, but, given their respective starts to life in a TFC shirt, I'm not exactly holding my breath, a few promising flashes notwithstanding.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    The one word I can use to describe the games at BMO now is boring. The magic is gone
    The saddest thing is to be boring.
    I feel that too, well expressed! We need something, maybe a new special player to kick start that magic again. I miss those days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I feel that too, well expressed! We need something, maybe a new special player to kick start that magic again. I miss those days.
    That's why we all need/ want those new guys to start so badly. Maybe they will give the magic.
    NE and NYFC and MN were great exciting games

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure this team is playing for this years pussplops.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER