Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyaguers Cup Semi Second Leg - Ottawa @ TFC Wed August 14 7:30pm - Finish this Job

Have at It People

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect a similar lineup to last week, with maybe a DP or two on the bench for insurance sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono
    Laryea-Zavs-Moor-Morgan
    —————Fraser————-
    Gallardo- Benezet-Oso-Shaff
    —————Mullens———

Something like this? I think they should even start Ayo, Okello and where is Julian Dunn? I barely see him playing for TFC2.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I expect a similar lineup to last week, with maybe a DP or two on the bench for insurance sake.
    Hopefully they can calm Jozy down after he bolted out of the stadium within 10-15 of the final whistle. Yeah I agree Greg will have an insurance policy or two on the bench but otherwise it will be the same as last week in Ottawa.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Hopefully they can calm Jozy down after he bolted out of the stadium within 10-15 of the final whistle. Yeah I agree Greg will have an insurance policy or two on the bench but otherwise it will be the same as last week in Ottawa.
    Holy crap, was that after the Orlando game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 minutes is bolting from the stadium....? He can move faster than that.

With all due respect, unless you know the reason he left 15 minutes after the game, I don't see why he has to calm down or why it's even a topic of discussion.
    Last edited by Brooker; 08-11-2019 at 09:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Holy crap, was that after the Orlando game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    He was on the field until the final whistle. Unless he has a doppelganger, he didn't.

And there was never any intention of any DP's, let alone Jozy playing against Otta-fucking-wa. lol.

Not sure where there rumour came from.
    Yes he was on the field until the final whistle, he was gone from the stadium like 15 min after it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened exactly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he was on the field until the final whistle, he was gone from the stadium like 15 min after it.
    Yeah I read it wrong the first time. I edited it.

I still don't see what's wrong or what the issue is? He left.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a top shelf Rogers Cup related tennis party in the city Saturday night. Easy to imagine Jozy trying to get to that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There was a top shelf Rogers Cup related tennis party in the city Saturday night. Easy to imagine Jozy trying to get to that.
    that's where my mind went as well. unless he was pushing people out the way he was probably just taking the one oppo every 2 years to party with his lady in town. With our traffic though he was probably still late

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully they can calm Jozy down after he bolted out of the stadium within 10-15 of the final whistle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That's too logical and calm reasoning... we need drama!!!

I'm pretty sure Jozy will be on the bench as insurance, in case needed against Ottawa. Maybe Pozo or Bradley. Otherwise the lineup will look pretty much similar as the last VC game.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-13-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Jozy will be on the bench as insurance, in case needed against Ottawa. Maybe Pozo or Bradley. Otherwise the lineup will look pretty much similar as the last VC game.
    My issue is where do you draw the line where your confidence is high enough on the bench guys that will play and when does it become arrogance. Not sure if I worded that right. Haha. What I mean is if we trot out the same lineup are we confident enough that they will get the job done? Don't want to see a bunch of younger guys out there just thinking they have to go through the motions and this is a done deal. I would almost prefer to play a better starting 11 with only a couple bench guys and destroy them then just playing the same group and hoping they don't come out overconfident and tank it. Thinking back to that Houston game where Vanney showed his overconfidence of the win with his lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unrelated to TFC/Fury - Piatti has been ruled out for the Impact's second leg vs. Cavalry. Could be a big opportunity here for Cavalry to pick up the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t be surprised of the Cavs win 1-0 and advance. It would be cool if TFC had to play a CPL team instead of the same old shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised of the Cavs win 1-0 and advance. It would be cool if TFC had to play a CPL team instead of the same old shit.
    agreed. would love to see this for the CPL and for TFC. would be very cool.

can see montreal tanking this as well in an attempt to salvage their MLS playoff hopes. (now they will win 5-0....)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But to be honest , I always love a night out, enjoying the day in Montreal and all that it brings. Calgary would be interesting but Montreal is our rival, and I love those games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    agreed. would love to see this for the CPL and for TFC. would be very cool.

can see montreal tanking this as well in an attempt to salvage their MLS playoff hopes. (now they will win 5-0....)
    If Nacho is going to miss a few weeks they are toast imo. Tabla wont help much and Bojan seems to be washed up. They also lost Omar Browne.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if they post the replay of the game on One Soccer website right after the game is done? I can't make it down to this game unfortunately and I can't make it home until 9PM or so to watch it. I don't want to join the match live at the end of the broadcast and would rather watch the whole game replay but I also don't want to wait until the next day to watch it. Just curious if anyone has experience with this for the One Soccer site because I am new to it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Unrelated to TFC/Fury - Piatti has been ruled out for the Impact's second leg vs. Cavalry. Could be a big opportunity here for Cavalry to pick up the win.
    He's a great player, but really showing his age with all these injuries.

He may be back for our big derby match on the 24th, but maybe not.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Anyone know if they post the replay of the game on One Soccer website right after the game is done? I can't make it down to this game unfortunately and I can't make it home until 9PM or so to watch it. I don't want to join the match live at the end of the broadcast and would rather watch the whole game replay but I also don't want to wait until the next day to watch it. Just curious if anyone has experience with this for the One Soccer site because I am new to it.
    You don't typically have to wait until the next day to replay, but it's in the "small screen" mode while the feed is full screen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't typically have to wait until the next day to replay, but it's in the "small screen" mode while the feed is full screen.
    Ok thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm. We have to win first. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love it if the Cavs won as it would give me a chance to drive down and see TFC!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Good point, although every commentator thinks it would be a near miracle for Ottawa to win. They need to score a minimum two away goals without conceding any at BMO when they couldn't get any at home with TFC playing mainly a B squad. Yeah, upsets happen, you gotta play the game, but it has to be 95%+ in TFC's favour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Totally still is a game to be played, but history is on our side here. In the UCL if the away team wins and keeps a clean sheet in the first match they've won 97% of the time.
    https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-...E2R38B3CRB5ZZX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm predicting a record-low crowd Voyageurs Cup crowd at BMO for this one. I'm guessing some seasons-ticket holders don't even know about this game.

There was no ticket in the ticket package this year (even though admission is included). Little mention of the game in the increasingly sparse email communications from the club. A brief reminder about tickets being online-only 3 weeks ago, and then a reminder just before noon today (game day). There wasn't even a mention in the online schedule until last week. And no broadcast TV coverage of this match, or the first leg. Meanwhile, for the casuals, Ottawa isn't very high profile

I'm paying attention, and I'm only just realizing now that the kick-off is 7:30 pm rather than 8 pm I'd assumed when I put it in my calendar, months ago.

I'm not sure what the marketing department at MLSE is thinking these days - but their game seems to have really slipped in recent years.

Looking at Ottawa's line-up ... gosh I hadn't realized, that TFC's first-year backup keeper David Monsalve is still around and was on the bench for the last match - and only 30-years old! Or that that first-year TFC player Nana Attakora was still with them.
    Last edited by nfitz; 08-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I'm predicting a record-low crowd Voyageurs Cup crowd at BMO for this one. I'm guessing some seasons-ticket holders don't even know about this game.

There was no ticket in the ticket package this year (even though admission is included). The first mention of the game in the increasingly sparse email communications from the club was just before noon today (game day). There wasn't even a mention in the online schedule until last week. And no broadcast TV coverage of this match, or the first leg.

I'm paying attention, and I'm only just realizing now that the kick-off is 7:30 pm rather than 8 pm I'd assumed when I put it in my calendar, months ago.

I'm not sure what the marketing department at MLSE is thinking these days - but their game seems to have really slipped in recent years.
    I think the same thing. Weekday game and lack of buzz could mean a very low turnout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful what you wish for. That would mean that Cavalry would have beaten two MLS clubs to get there. What would be keeping TFC from being the third victim? At that point I think Vanney would be fired immediately, since getting to CCL is the one goal this season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like Vanney won't be using any of our DPs, but will have our TAM players ready. That's likely insurance enough.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto