Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he grabbed the shoulder he didn't fall on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m one of the late ones to join the party, but this is the moment in time and day where I joined the Vanney out team. 45 minutes from Shaff tonight will do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It finishes in Toronto nil nil lol “idiot comentators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18 million $ from TFC were a non factor at home. The Captain in the last play coulnt manage a shot within 20 feet of goal. If Vanney is still in charge Monaday I will be shocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I think I have to say I've had it with Vanney now too. There shouldn't be any excuses for not winning this game. I don't know why, he just can't seem to get us playing with any flow anymore.

He'll get the rest of the season but I think this is probably it for him barring some major miracles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    You want Morgan for a defense sub!!!!???? Here you go! Why would Vanney risk losing a home game to a bottom team? Gotta protect the draw.
    LOLOL!!! I wouldn’t be too surprised if he actually did that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Curtis and Vanney, and have Manning on a tight leash.

The past 18 months have been nothing but catastrophic, we go from nearly making the club world cup to this trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really disappointing stuff given our need for home points. Great game from Laryea. That’s about the only positive I can say.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney does a good tactical change to 4-4-2 and it changes the whole complexity of the game. Too bad TFC could not finish one of several chances they had.

Good to see Mullins get the goal. I hope he at least gets another this season (doubling what he got for the Crew last year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Really disappointing stuff given our need for home points. Great game from Laryea. That’s about the only positive I can say.
    Yeah, that’s something at least. Give this guy credit, he is reverse Kaye’ing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Yeah... I think I have to say I've had it with Vanney now too. There shouldn't be any excuses for not winning this game. I don't know why, he just can't seem to get us playing with any flow anymore.

He'll get the rest of the season but I think this is probably it for him barring some major miracles.
    Agreed. Something really isn’t right here. Change is needed but damned if I know exactly what that is supposed to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched my first 45 min in a long while. TFC is a mediocre MLS team, plain and simple.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#VanneyOut

The coaching decisions tonight were incomprehensible. The team was flat for most of the night and he just pretty much did nothing until it was too late like he always does. The Osorio sub made no sense. We needed speed out side, which he doesn’t provide. Then he say pat until the 70th mintiest when the team in the field wasn’t doing it. Then he brings on Mullins. Again no speed (though he did score). Then he waits until the 85th Minute to bring on one of our expensive TAM hires.

we needed all three points in tonight.

At at this point maybe firing the coach will light a fire under the team.
    Last edited by GerMc; 08-10-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As angry as I am with Vanney, I don’t think a change at this point will do anything. The players need to perform as well.

Interestingly enough as I’m raging over Vanneys lineup I just checked MOntreal. Piatti, Lassi, Bojan, All on the bench. Montreal down 1-0 to Chicago.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Vanney can't bitch and moan about wingers all season and throw Patrick fucking Mullins in the match. Vanney. Out.
    Mullins f-off Vanney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Mullins! lol Vanney redeemed.
    Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    As angry as I am with Vanney, I don’t think a change at this point will do anything. The players need to perform as well.

Interestingly enough as I’m raging over Vanneys lineup I just checked MOntreal. Piatti, Lassi, Bojan, All on the bench. Montreal down 1-0 to Chicago.
    Forget Montreal. Toronto has then highest paid roster and they are bottom half 2 years in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Lol.
    oh he really showed us nay sayers drawing the 2nd worst team at home.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My analysis, the problem wasn't as much personnel as it was team attitude. It looked that they were afraid of getting scored on rather than trying to score, at least until the end. They gave Orlando way too much respect.

Is that due to Vanney (I doubt it, he always wants attack), the assistants, something in the locker room? I wish I knew. Winning teams develop a more positive attitude and a swagger, this team is missing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that and he left all our TAM players on the bench. There’s something really weird going on here with player selection. We’ve seen this one too many times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My analysis, the problem wasn't as much personnel as it was team attitude. It looked that they were afraid of getting scored on rather than trying to score, at least until the end. They gave Orlando way too much respect.

Is that due to Vanney (I doubt it, he always wants attack), the assistants, something in the locker room? I wish I knew. Winning teams develop a more positive attitude and a swagger, this team is missing that.
    Sorry if Vanney always says that he wants the team to attack and the team doesn’t attack, then that is a coaching problem. If he can’t get the team to play his game then he should be fired.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget Montreal. Toronto has then highest paid roster and they are bottom half 2 years in a row.
    The roster isn't well constructed and lacks balance. Paying more for Jozy and Bradley doesn't mean the team is better. There are cheaper DPs that are far more effective than those two.

You can't just add up the salaries and say dollars should equal success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season continues to go from bad to worst. I no longer have any faith we’ll make the playofffs, and even if we do, we’re not going very deep. Curtis has taken us back to pre-2015 levels. His marque signing, Pozuelo is no Giovinco, he’s not even a replacement for Vazquez. Talented player without doubt but completely unable to dictate a game the way Vazquez or Giovinco could. The rest of his signings are nothing more than run of the mill MLS journeymen. In the last three games we should confidently have expected at least 6 or 7 points. Instead we got one.

Its clearly time for a clear out, from GM, through Coach, and players. We will achieve nothing this year with this squad so Monday should see the search for a GM with a vision begin, followed by a coaching staff capable of picking and playing his strongest side with consistency, and with the ability to make changes that will actually influence games, rather than make subs just for the sake of it.

Im gutted tonight after watching that dross. It was our chance to gain a foothold on a playoff spot, but instead we squander the opportunity to kill off Orlando and put pressure on NER. My faith has gone, just like the champions of 2017, and all I can see ahead are the dark days where we lost more points than we gained, unless we make changes at the highest level.

I thought it strange that Seba, Vazquez and Bez left so close to each other. (It looks like Bradley is going to follow them too) Perhaps they saw the writing on the wall that after a championship season MLSEs ambition for the club had gone and they were satisfied with that and about to shift priorities. It sure looks that way with our transfer business since 2017.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Sorry if Vanney always says that he wants the team to attack and the team doesn’t attack, then that is a coaching problem. If he can’t get the team to play his game then he should be fired.
    That may possibly be true. I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm loath to dump the coach that has the best record of all coaches in TFC history. You can easily end up like Vancouver when they dumped Robbo for a flashier coach and look at the dumpster fire there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s the deal with Gallardo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I can see are that this was a must win and Vanney didn’t want to introduce him right now, but every game is basically a must win at this point.

Other than that perhaps he aggravated his injury playing on turf in Ottawa?

No clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may possibly be true. I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm loath to dump the coach that has the best record of all coaches in TFC history. You can easily end up like Vancouver when they dumped Robbo for a flashier coach and look at the dumpster fire there.
    It is possible that after this season the best coach in TFC history will have only have 2 winning seasons in 4. And that ignores the first season when he took over (and didn’t achieve a winning record either).
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-10-2019 at 09:18 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we have the makings of a good team for 2020.

Frasier needs to get in somebody to work on the defense.

I'd take a real RB & a shuttler replacement for Delgado.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    This season continues to go from bad to worst. I no longer have any faith we’ll make the playofffs, and even if we do, we’re not going very deep. Curtis has taken us back to pre-2015 levels. His marque signing, Pozuelo is no Giovinco, he’s not even a replacement for Vazquez. Talented player without doubt but completely unable to dictate a game the way Vazquez or Giovinco could. The rest of his signings are nothing more than run of the mill MLS journeymen. In the last three games we should confidently have expected at least 6 or 7 points. Instead we got one.

Its clearly time for a clear out, from GM, through Coach, and players. We will achieve nothing this year with this squad so Monday should see the search for a GM with a vision begin, followed by a coaching staff capable of picking and playing his strongest side with consistency, and with the ability to make changes that will actually influence games, rather than make subs just for the sake of it.

Im gutted tonight after watching that dross. It was our chance to gain a foothold on a playoff spot, but instead we squander the opportunity to kill off Orlando and put pressure on NER. My faith has gone, just like the champions of 2017, and all I can see ahead are the dark days where we lost more points than we gained, unless we make changes at the highest level.

I thought it strange that Seba, Vazquez and Bez left so close to each other. (It looks like Bradley is going to follow them too) Perhaps they saw the writing on the wall that after a championship season MLSEs ambition for the club had gone and they were satisfied with that and about to shift priorities. It sure looks that way with our transfer business since 2017.
    Perfect assessment.
    When VV and Seba left, the magic followed. For what little I have seen this season, it is glaringly apparent that the possession football that worked so well in 2016 and 2017, has collapsed because we have nobody who can provide that trickery in the box....look at Osorio’s dead foot now, or Morrows...he ain’t scoring 8 goals as season any time soon....and Bradley...yes Bradley...why the fuck are we paying a midfielder, who rarely scores, rarely assists, and runs slower than me (I am 61), 5 or 6 mil per season? Yes we all love him, but a team that can’t score, is a team that can’t win. When you see the strides made recently by the expansion sides, you wonder where it all went wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shambolic game. This was a must win and these guys blew it. My confidence in TFC making the playoffs is nearly zero after seeing this poor performance.

Delgado was especially awful tonight. Why he was in the game for that long on a card with a piss poor performance?

What’s the point of all these new wingers where one of them is going to play five minutes. What the hell, Vanney?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a big fan, but this was a pathetic showing. No more excuses. No injuries, and all of the new TAM guys available to boot. Orlando are not a good team and we should have trounced them at home. Osario was completely absent from the match. FYI.....Pozuelo was never intended to be a Giovinco replacement. Oh well, I’ll be going from a long term Season ticket holder to the occasional match.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Perfect assessment.
    When VV and Seba left, the magic followed. For what little I have seen this season, it is glaringly apparent that the possession football that worked so well in 2016 and 2017, has collapsed because we have nobody who can provide that trickery in the box....look at Osorio’s dead foot now, or Morrows...he ain’t scoring 8 goals as season any time soon....and Bradley...yes Bradley...why the fuck are we paying a midfielder, who rarely scores, rarely assists, and runs slower than me (I am 61), 5 or 6 mil per season? Yes we all love him, but a team that can’t score, is a team that can’t win. When you see the strides made recently by the expansion sides, you wonder where it all went wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he's garbage??