Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    It’s probably a stretch. Maybe they could sign a guy between Nani and Willian. Maybe a guy like Shaqiri?
    I don’t know, isn’t Ronaldo available? He’s Portuguese and can play on the wing. Can we compare his potential MLS stats with Bradley’s contribution and decide whether we should sign him or not?

Spitballing players is fun, but eventually you have to deal with reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I don’t know, isn’t Ronaldo available? He’s Portuguese and can play on the wing. Can we compare his potential MLS stats with Bradley’s contribution and decide whether we should sign him or not?

Spitballing players is fun, but eventually you have to deal with reality.
    Willian is 31 on the downside but still very good and makes 6.2 mill euros a year, not much more than Bradley. Hes kind of at that Rooney level when he came over to MLS. I dont see how its so crazy to think he could come to MLS when hes 32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Willian is 31 on the downside but still very good and makes 6.2 mill euros a year, not much more than Bradley. Hes kind of at that Rooney level when he came over to MLS. I dont see how its so crazy to think he could come to MLS when hes 32.
    I didn’t say it was beyond the realm of reason, just that it wasn’t going to happen.

I’ve said that Bradley’s contract is excessive and that a DP DM is rarely going to be a constructive use of resources in MLS right now.

That said:

1. Why do you think Bradley makes a lot of money? Would he make that much playing in Europe last year?

2. Willian would be available on a free. Salary demands increase.

3. No one comes to MLS for less money.

4. Willian would be the most expensive player in MLS, probably, and these are not the signings TFC is looking for in the future, per the FO.

5. Willian could probably still play in Europe if he wanted to, but Brazilian NT members also carry clout in other leagues, which is why China offers them crazy salaries. If Brazilian mercenaries saw MLS as a league of choice, there’d be loads of them here. There aren’t.

In any case, I wouldn’t want Nani here. How an evaluation of Nani turned into wouldn’t you rather have Nani than Bradley and then into wouldn’t you rather have Willian than Bradley is confusing.