Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I didn’t know where to put this, but whoever’s idea it was to put Legend TFC before the lineups this season before the game is a genius. Great song, fires up the crowd, and gets everyone loud before the match.
    Yep I love this before the match, I'm out of town and you can barely hear it over the announcers when watching on tv and it still get's me all pumped up for the game! great tune!

    On the other hand, the few games i've been at lately does seem a bit like we are sheep as Joe Kool said...telling us to raise flags, and say the last name bit...Not a fan of them announcing that kinda stuff, there are enough supporters in the stands that after one name is called out everyone else realizes what we're doing

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wish they would stop telling us what to do - sing along with the anthem, raise our scarf, Iíll say the first name and you say the last - we did all that, and more, ourselves. Thatís what made it great. Itís not the ACC where they need instructions about when to cheer. Itís TFC
    While I agree about telling us to put our scarves in the air, and Iíll say the first name, you say the last, they have been doing both for a while. Itís not like itís something new.

    Iíll just point out the Bayern does something similar to this, plus after goals, the announcer starts a chant.

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there was anything to "improve" upon atmosphere I'd say #1 above all is getting the south end united. Different chants being sung from one section to the next at the same time, Not sure how it can be done but it really would benefit the entire atmosphere at BMO.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    While I agree about telling us to put our scarves in the air, and Iíll say the first name, you say the last, they have been doing both for a while. Itís not like itís something new.

    Iíll just point out the Bayern does something similar to this, plus after goals, the announcer starts a chant.
    Yeah, a lot of European teams do stuff like this. I mean, itís better than some people yelling ďDefenseĒ while everyone around them tells them to shut up because they canít hear whoever theyíre talking to on the phone or passing out ďWe donít give a crud!Ē chant sheets.

  5. #185
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    If there was anything to "improve" upon atmosphere I'd say #1 above all is getting the south end united. Different chants being sung from one section to the next at the same time, Not sure how it can be done but it really would benefit the entire atmosphere at BMO.
    I think this will take time but I will say that everyone involved in leading the chants in the south end this year across all sections are doing an excellent job really trying to coordinate things so kudos to every one of you. It is a really tough job since they are working with hand signals and other queues and are not all connected together with headsets or anything. I can imagine it is quite difficult to coordinate but I see the effort from the top of 114 and it is slowly getting there because at times the whole south end is doing the same thing for a period of time before sync is lost or whatever. It is amazing how fast the timing is lost though like a bad game of Row Row Row Your Boat sometimes....haha. I applaud everyone who is making the effort.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think this will take time but I will say that everyone involved in leading the chants in the south end this year across all sections are doing an excellent job really trying to coordinate things so kudos to every one of you. It is a really tough job since they are working with hand signals and other queues and are not all connected together with headsets or anything. I can imagine it is quite difficult to coordinate but I see the effort from the top of 114 and it is slowly getting there because at times the whole south end is doing the same thing for a period of time before sync is lost or whatever. It is amazing how fast the timing is lost though like a bad game of Row Row Row Your Boat sometimes....haha. I applaud everyone who is making the effort.
    Totally agree, it definitely was not a shot at any of the capo's or anything. Just an observation, and thinking how amazing it would be if it was united.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    While I agree about telling us to put our scarves in the air, and Iíll say the first name, you say the last, they have been doing both for a while. Itís not like itís something new.

    Iíll just point out the Bayern does something similar to this, plus after goals, the announcer starts a chant.
    Yes. For a while. But they still need to stop it

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This 100% pisses me off. We did all those things without prompting and now TFC are taking it on as if it was their idea and now that they announce all that it looks like the only reason we do it is because we are told to. Totally ruins the positive vibe for me and almost makes me want to stop doing it. Wish the front office would just piss off and let everything happen naturally. We are not sheep.
    Awesome. Totally agree

  9. #189
    RPB 2019 Banners Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    111
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wish they would stop telling us what to do - sing along with the anthem, raise our scarf, Iíll say the first name and you say the last - we did all that, and more, ourselves. Thatís what made it great. Itís not the ACC where they need instructions about when to cheer. Itís TFC
    Well at least they are not doing as the Impact does and puts up get load/cheer instructions on the jumbo screens. That was the most laughable thing I've ever seen!

  10. #190
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Well at least they are not doing as the Impact does and puts up get load/cheer instructions on the jumbo screens. That was the most laughable thing I've ever seen!
    Shhhhh....you are giving them ideas.

  11. #191
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I didnít know where to put this, but whoeverís idea it was to put Legend TFC before the lineups this season before the game is a genius. Great song, fires up the crowd, and gets everyone loud before the match.
    I LOVE THiS

    People have gone on about wanting anthems and we were given one to our group and to hear it sung before the match is an honour.
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  12. #192
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default




    We thought they might go

    We thought the chance for glory had passed

    But now it's back

    THE TRILLIUM CUP CONTINUES!!!

    SACCERS greatest rivalry is back and tonight

    WE BATTLE FOR THE FLOWER!!!

    enjoy the match everyone


    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post



    We thought they might go

    We thought the chance for glory had passed

    But now it's back

    THE TRILLIUM CUP CONTINUES!!!

    SACCERS greatest rivalry is back and tonight

    WE BATTLE FOR THE FLOWER!!!

    enjoy the match everyone


    Finally, a meaningless made-up cup Atlanta canít win!

  14. #194
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WE got the crucial away goal in this home and home matchup for this seasons instalment!
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •