Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I didn’t know where to put this, but whoever’s idea it was to put Legend TFC before the lineups this season before the game is a genius. Great song, fires up the crowd, and gets everyone loud before the match.
    Yep I love this before the match, I'm out of town and you can barely hear it over the announcers when watching on tv and it still get's me all pumped up for the game! great tune!

On the other hand, the few games i've been at lately does seem a bit like we are sheep as Joe Kool said...telling us to raise flags, and say the last name bit...Not a fan of them announcing that kinda stuff, there are enough supporters in the stands that after one name is called out everyone else realizes what we're doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wish they would stop telling us what to do - sing along with the anthem, raise our scarf, I’ll say the first name and you say the last - we did all that, and more, ourselves. That’s what made it great. It’s not the ACC where they need instructions about when to cheer. It’s TFC
    While I agree about telling us to put our scarves in the air, and I’ll say the first name, you say the last, they have been doing both for a while. It’s not like it’s something new.

I’ll just point out the Bayern does something similar to this, plus after goals, the announcer starts a chant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was anything to "improve" upon atmosphere I'd say #1 above all is getting the south end united. Different chants being sung from one section to the next at the same time, Not sure how it can be done but it really would benefit the entire atmosphere at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree about telling us to put our scarves in the air, and I’ll say the first name, you say the last, they have been doing both for a while. It’s not like it’s something new.

I’ll just point out the Bayern does something similar to this, plus after goals, the announcer starts a chant.
    Yeah, a lot of European teams do stuff like this. I mean, it’s better than some people yelling “Defense” while everyone around them tells them to shut up because they can’t hear whoever they’re talking to on the phone or passing out “We don’t give a crud!” chant sheets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    If there was anything to "improve" upon atmosphere I'd say #1 above all is getting the south end united. Different chants being sung from one section to the next at the same time, Not sure how it can be done but it really would benefit the entire atmosphere at BMO.
    I think this will take time but I will say that everyone involved in leading the chants in the south end this year across all sections are doing an excellent job really trying to coordinate things so kudos to every one of you. It is a really tough job since they are working with hand signals and other queues and are not all connected together with headsets or anything. I can imagine it is quite difficult to coordinate but I see the effort from the top of 114 and it is slowly getting there because at times the whole south end is doing the same thing for a period of time before sync is lost or whatever. It is amazing how fast the timing is lost though like a bad game of Row Row Row Your Boat sometimes....haha. I applaud everyone who is making the effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think this will take time but I will say that everyone involved in leading the chants in the south end this year across all sections are doing an excellent job really trying to coordinate things so kudos to every one of you. It is a really tough job since they are working with hand signals and other queues and are not all connected together with headsets or anything. I can imagine it is quite difficult to coordinate but I see the effort from the top of 114 and it is slowly getting there because at times the whole south end is doing the same thing for a period of time before sync is lost or whatever. It is amazing how fast the timing is lost though like a bad game of Row Row Row Your Boat sometimes....haha. I applaud everyone who is making the effort.
    Totally agree, it definitely was not a shot at any of the capo's or anything. Just an observation, and thinking how amazing it would be if it was united.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. For a while. But they still need to stop it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This 100% pisses me off. We did all those things without prompting and now TFC are taking it on as if it was their idea and now that they announce all that it looks like the only reason we do it is because we are told to. Totally ruins the positive vibe for me and almost makes me want to stop doing it. Wish the front office would just piss off and let everything happen naturally. We are not sheep.
    Awesome. Totally agree

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wish they would stop telling us what to do - sing along with the anthem, raise our scarf, I’ll say the first name and you say the last - we did all that, and more, ourselves. That’s what made it great. It’s not the ACC where they need instructions about when to cheer. It’s TFC
    Well at least they are not doing as the Impact does and puts up get load/cheer instructions on the jumbo screens. That was the most laughable thing I've ever seen!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Well at least they are not doing as the Impact does and puts up get load/cheer instructions on the jumbo screens. That was the most laughable thing I've ever seen!
    Shhhhh....you are giving them ideas.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t know where to put this, but whoever’s idea it was to put Legend TFC before the lineups this season before the game is a genius. Great song, fires up the crowd, and gets everyone loud before the match.
    I LOVE THiS

People have gone on about wanting anthems and we were given one to our group and to hear it sung before the match is an honour.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We thought they might go

We thought the chance for glory had passed

But now it's back

THE TRILLIUM CUP CONTINUES!!!

SACCERS greatest rivalry is back and tonight

WE BATTLE FOR THE FLOWER!!!

enjoy the match everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

We thought they might go

We thought the chance for glory had passed

But now it's back

THE TRILLIUM CUP CONTINUES!!!

SACCERS greatest rivalry is back and tonight

WE BATTLE FOR THE FLOWER!!!

enjoy the match everyone

Finally, a meaningless made-up cup Atlanta can’t win!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE got the crucial away goal in this home and home matchup for this seasons instalment!