Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received this email from MLSE:

we have another exciting announcement - your 2020 renewal invoicing is going paperless!
    I am beyond thrilled.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I received this email from MLSE:

I am beyond thrilled.
    You should be. TFC doing good for the environment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing "discounted" (?) prices for the Can Champ Finals this morning I am a little surprised that they think selling almost all of the tickets at upwards of $50+ each (and many likely will be more than $75 each) to the public on Monday is going to result in a full house that night (assuming the $34 ticket which is more or less the cheapest thing available and that's with a discount and no fees) - it's still a Wednesday night in September which is a tougher sell to get people down to BMO on weeknights not during the summer months especially; the Leafs are actually playing the Canadiens at home that night in a pre-season game (what are the odds?) which although for people on this board may be seen as blasphemous to compare to a Cup Final, I still think that some sports fans of either team may choose hockey over soccer that night especially when they are charging significantly less for Leafs tickets than TFC (I know its pre-season meaningless stuff but it still is in competition for the sports entertainment dollar that evening). Not sure about others, but my thoughts of buying extras for the Finals for the evening diminished significantly when I saw the prices today (I have my ST already so I will be there).

Anyone else think the prices seemed a bit much for public sale (factoring in the increase over what was shown today)?

(Relating this all to the thread -- makes my ST seem much more valuable today when a pair of my seats would likely have cost me $100 or so in a public sale, or 2-3X what I paid originally!)
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    After seeing "discounted" (?) prices for the Can Champ Finals this morning I am a little surprised that they think selling almost all of the tickets at upwards of $50+ each (and many likely will be more than $75 each) to the public on Monday is going to result in a full house that night (assuming the $34 ticket which is more or less the cheapest thing available and that's with a discount and no fees) - it's still a Wednesday night in September which is a tougher sell to get people down to BMO on weeknights not during the summer months especially; the Leafs are actually playing the Canadiens at home that night in a pre-season game (what are the odds?) which although for people on this board may be seen as blasphemous to compare to a Cup Final, I still think that some sports fans of either team may choose hockey over soccer that night especially when they are charging significantly less for Leafs tickets than TFC (I know its pre-season meaningless stuff but it still is in competition for the sports entertainment dollar that evening). Not sure about others, but my thoughts of buying extras for the Finals for the evening diminished significantly when I saw the prices today (I have my ST already so I will be there).

Anyone else think the prices seemed a bit much for public sale (factoring in the increase over what was shown today)?

(Relating this all to the thread -- makes my ST seem much more valuable today when a pair of my seats would likely have cost me $100 or so in a public sale, or 2-3X what I paid originally!)
    slightly off topic but yet sort of on the topic
    wanta see expensive seats for the resale market?
    check out lafc vs tfc
    my seats approximate seats at bmo are asking $250 CDN each at banc California
    hey Manning see the value in being a great team

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketma...RoC1wsQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by stevep; 08-16-2019 at 10:53 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    You should be. TFC doing good for the environment.
    I agree! I was always a bit annoyed that in the past, a few weeks after I had submitted my renewal online (I usually renew as soon as I get the email!) I would receive a paper copy of the invoice in my mailbox even though I had already paid it an re-upped for the next season. It would ultimately just be tossed in the blue bin and was a total waste of time, money, and natural resources.

I know my comment has nothing to do with the OP's point about renewing based on TFC's on-field performance, but I do think that overall this is a positive development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have been more excited if the email stated they were reverting to year 1 pricing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning to get them again for next year, but interested to see if ML$E continues to increase prices with a couple of subpar seasons after the 2015-17 "successful" years. That said, I now have my seats in the South End after several relocations, so for the money, it's a good deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to downgrade my season seats. I need as cheap tickets as possible.
    So yes I'll be renewing.
    Agree with most in this thread. You don't buy Season seats to make a profit. You buy them because you attend.
    I however don't agree with people that buy and attend less than 50% of the games. That's just hoarding tickets. It's fine/amazing if sharing with friends and family of course. Also with fellow members on boards like this, that create a community. For those who can't afford a full season.
    So mainly I'm against scalpers that have 8 tickets in supporter areas.

I was glad to see MLSE target leafs and raptor Season holders if they can see you transfer your tickets out. That you get flagged and your prices are much more than the seat beside you.

As far as member benefits I'd like the ability to buy a parking pass for the enercare building or the TFC parking lot. Something where it works out to be $10 a game.
    A better coupon booklet. Maybe offer Season holders one ticket for 50% off jersey anytime. Instead of last few games of year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    What you self righteous superfans are not mentioning is this.
    We have to make a decision to get season seats in October,. We based ourbl decision to renew partly based on the players on the team ie Sebastian giovinco.
    Then a few weeks before the season starts he's gone.
    And to say it has been a shit show this year is an understatement.
    So excuse us regular fans if we are simply curious of other regular fans are renewing.
    I get it you superfans that are paying what a whole $30/ticket are renewing. Big spenders
    $$$ does not equal support.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Is it already that time? The should I renew thread? I can't wait to see the conclusion!

Will it be a cliffhanger season finale?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSH since year 2.
    Socially, I miss hooking up with friends from other sections outside at the half. I take issue with Inibriatti getting turfed, body searches, lineups and concession gauging.
    Watching good football trumps all and I'll never forget 2017
    I will opt to sit out the upcoming rebuild carousel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    ... I take issue with Inibriatti getting turfed...
    I guess you haven't been there this season. They've been out in force, most of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post

100%
    i was going to buy a few extras for some of the guys i work with and make it a night out at a showcase event like TFC v MTL
    once i saw the prices there was no way. not sure why they think they can make a cash grab of it. i would think a full house would result in a spectacle that should lead to future $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The balls on these guys to raise prices again after such a shit season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Lmfao. I jut got the email. And I’m scared to even log in and see this mess. I’ll be back no matter what but I agree after two shit seasons and prices still rise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me in light grey, up 10%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seats in sec 126 went up approximately $150 for the pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 115 and 118 went from $304 to $380 - 25% increase!!!!
    Section 108 went from $1,235 to $1,351 - just over 9% increase

I think this is correct. I just used my last 2 invoices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we pay for 20 games this season as well? If so my Supporters tickets went up $608-733 for $125 or 21% increase.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seats in 220 went up 15%....I will now drop two of my four without much regret (I will always keep my original pair if at all possible - but I don't imagine extras being that difficult to get anytime soon and with ST already I'm sure I'll be given presale access or discounts anyways for additionals as required) ---- thank you to TFC making it an easy decision for me (FYI the Jays didn't lower their prices in the 500 Level after this season either...so an all around impressive day today in Toronto sports - ha ha ha)......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Section 108 went from $1,235 to $1,351 - just over 9% increase

I think this is correct. I just used my last 2 invoices.
    My southend ticket in 118 also got a bump, from $363 to $380. I think they are still trying to play catch-up with the year one rollback they did. Will be interesting to see what the price is for a new southend ticket?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm in light grey as well. $510, highest it's ever been for me.

Not happy about the lack of hard tickets. Just like concerts I like collecting my stubs. Good luck to those with older relatives. Not sure how my dad will go to games when I can't make it. My old man doesn't have a cell phone.

I have a season seat with Forge and it's mobile only. My phone is too old for the app. So I have to log into account manager on my phone and take a screenshot (I'm not gonna fumble with staying logged in while trying to get in). The TFC FAQ says no screenshots. Hopefully that's just the usual nonsense. If they go with the method that some venues use in the US, where the barcode is dynamic, so you can't actually do screenshots....then I don't know. Apparently MLSE will have discretion to give us hard tickets.

Not having access to the app means I don't have access the discount card either. It's the same white labelled app that ticketmaster account manager uses. So I already know I'll have an issue with this next season for TFC.

They also aren't doing it as 10 payments but 9. The first one is doubled up.

Would love to hear Manning justify this bullshit. Rat bastard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    My southend ticket in 118 also got a bump, from $363 to $380. I think they are still trying to play catch-up with the year one rollback they did. Will be interesting to see what the price is for a new southend ticket?
    Yeah I know in the yellows you guys had at least 2 different tiers of rollback pricing. Guess it's just 1 tier now. In 111 we were all on the same legacy price regardless if it was actual year 1 or someone a few year later or even other legacies that moved into 111. So we are going $462 to $510.

But you guys are still getting a solid deal. I miss the days when the light greys were tied to the yellows. And CB before you tell me again why, I know bud :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Ditto for supporters - for the seat I've had for years.

But for the seat in supporters (yellow) I added back in 2015, I paid $457 last year, and it's $457 this year.

So 0% increase for more recent purchasers. Last year they both went up 7.5%. The year before they went up 19% and 18%. The year before that 9% and 6%.

At $19 a game ($380 divided by 20), this is the same price as 2011, before the huge cut in prices.

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Did we pay for 20 games this season as well?
    Yes. It's been 20 games for the last 3 years (2018 to 2020). Before that it was 19 (17 league + 2 Voyageurs Cup) games since 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we pay for 20 games this season as well? If so my Supporters tickets went up $608-733 for $125 or 21% increase.
    Correct. 20 games this year as well. Worked out to 17 league, 1 CCL, 2 CanChamp.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11% increase in medium grey in 221 - I have a few sold credits that makes it cheaper.
    I'm OK with my amount. Price per game is fair in my mind but others will make their own choices

NOTE

The playoff ticket prices will be coming off on September 27. If we are potentially able to be in 6th place on that date,they will charge us that full invoice. If the team doesn't get a home playoff game, will be up to a max of about 30% of my seat price being credited there.

Your mileage may vary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Southend invoice says $760 less payments of $27. does anyone else see it like that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Southend invoice says $760 less payments of $27. does anyone else see it like that?
    Credits for sold tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at a price decrease of a couple of bucks (<1%) for my pair in 224... just relocated into these seats this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Credits for sold tickets?
    Dont remember lol, thought i only sold one game on the site and got a cheque for it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have to log into account manager on my phone and take a screenshot (I'm not gonna fumble with staying logged in while trying to get in). The TFC FAQ says no screenshots. Hopefully that's just the usual nonsense. If they go with the method that some venues use in the US, where the barcode is dynamic, so you can't actually do screenshots....then I don't know.
    I saw someone refused entry 2 games ago, he had a screenshot. So they do mean it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto