Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I can't honestly believe anyone would renew or buy season's tickets based on seeing a player on an opposing team.
    Well it has been a few years, but I do recall a significant increase in interest ahead of the first season immediately after Beckham announced he was going to LAG...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I dropped my pair of light grey seats a few years ago, I think it was after the 42% price increase. Now I share with someone else. I still attend almost every game, but I was having more & more problems getting rid of my second seat (or my pair if I ever couldn't make it). Often losing money, giving the tickets away, or just throwing them out. Both within my family, and among friends that used to come along, there's much less interest than in the past. (The same was true for my new seatmate.) Two good seasons don't make up for years of mediocrity and embarrassment.

That's one reason I'm so allergic to some of the tall tales club management has been dishing out this year & last. Sure some of that is true, there were probably some unavoidable situations. But there's way too much BS, unprofessionalism, and poor planning. (Way back when, I used to gobble up every bit of TFC news; listen to every interview; etc. Now I can hardly even listen to interviews anymore; they mostly make me ill. Years of BS & getting taken for a ride will do that.)

I'm not so sure about "everyone renewing" -- this year and last, I find the stadium is often more empty than in the past. The team was on an upward trajectory a few years ago. But things plateaued or even cratered around the time of the east side expansion, and they never got up to the demand they expected. Now they're jacking up prices more for the people who have had seasons tickets longer; then next year there will be lots of deals on the RPB ticket trader; on StubHub, WorkPerks, and elsewhere.
    Agree 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in upper deck east side. Seats went from about 33 to about 37.50. Not totally unreasonable but getting close to the point where I might have to consider only taking two rather than the four I have.

I have two gripes:

This year was a huge Management fail - Seba etc. Why are we paying more when we didn’t get what we paid for last year ie a team taking one more run for glory with the best player in MLS history?

Secondly, game day experience:

Stop telling us what to do! That’s for the leafs and raptors. We chanted last names on our own, sang O Canada on our own, etc. We don’t need MLSE’s announcer to tell us that. Stop it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Because LAFC is coming?
    No.i Figure every game I miss costs me $50.
    I hope to miss 0 games, but say I don't want to go to 5 games that's $250 lost.

If I sell zlatan game and lafc game and say the cne game I will easily make back that $250
    I may also experiment with selling tickets on Craigslist next year.
    As of now if I sold my tickets on tickets now for Colorado game I would not lose money.
    Also no bullshit gold cup next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same seat in 221 since July 2014. Of course I will renew. No increase on last season. Plus I went to that frozen wastage of a match against Panama. TTID ....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingLedley View Post
    Same seat in 221 since July 2014. Of course I will renew. No increase on last season. Plus I went to that frozen wastage of a match against Panama. TTID ....
    That was the coldest mother f..ken game I have ever attended, first time I wondered why I went to a TFC game , but stuck it out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Stop telling us what to do! That’s for the leafs and raptors. We chanted last names on our own, sang O Canada on our own, etc. We don’t need MLSE’s announcer to tell us that. Stop it!
    I'm kinda on the opposite track. I have been begging for the whole stadium to get involved with stuff the way they do in atlanta, Seattle and Minnesota.

Supporters have had their shot to get the stadium involved but they havent.
    I'm open to the Club getting us to a coordinated approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I'm kinda on the opposite track. I have been begging for the whole stadium to get involved with stuff the way they do in atlanta, Seattle and Minnesota.

yah, the rest of stadium could use a jolt.

Are they still having the standing vs sitting debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did everyones pricing work out this year?
    I cant remember what each of my tickets was last year, but I dont think the price went up by much or at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually a very interesting topic...I dont want any more of a manufactured atmosphere than we already attempt in the stadium, but we've had this discussion in my section (127) about getting together to provide a united voice for supporters that are outside the supporter sections. A different supporter group than the ones in the south end, but one that I think would be beneficial to the atmosphere and supporter relations with the club without being attached to one of the south end supporter groups. We'll see.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    How did everyones pricing work out this year?
    I cant remember what each of my tickets was last year, but I dont think the price went up by much or at all?
    If you're interested and have the time, it's all in this thread.

Executive summary:

It depends where you have seats and whether you have grandfathered pricing. People with grandfathered pricing in with yellow or grey seats are paying significantly more but there are some who aren't grandfathered and have seats elsewhere who have little or no change.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in upper deck east side. Seats went from about 33 to about 37.50. Not totally unreasonable but getting close to the point where I might have to consider only taking two rather than the four I have.

I have two gripes:

This year was a huge Management fail - Seba etc. Why are we paying more when we didn’t get what we paid for last year ie a team taking one more run for glory with the best player in MLS history?

Now I understand the % increases - someone has to pay the announcer and for the video board karaoke reel!

(Personal pet peeve - the idiot singer who drowns out the fans during O Canada right to the end of the anthem - at least the woman singer has the sense to shut up after the first line or two and turn the mic to the stands)

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    yah, the rest of stadium could use a jolt.

Are they still having the standing vs sitting debate
    A bit of a culture shock - I went back to my old s104 seats for the match against DCU - if you stand for any reason other than the anthem or to get out of your seat both security and surrounding seat holders will be on you within seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That was the coldest mother f..ken game I have ever attended, first time I wondered why I went to a TFC game , but stuck it out.
    My feet literally froze. I left in the 80th minute. Still mad at Vanney about the first game. houston was that all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not for me. thats not real. and maybe there is no energy this year in the stands because there is none on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Now I understand the % increases - someone has to pay the announcer and for the video board karaoke reel!

(Personal pet peeve - the idiot singer who drowns out the fans during O Canada right to the end of the anthem - at least the woman singer has the sense to shut up after the first line or two and turn the mic to the stands
    )
    MLSE should have put a stop to that long ago. really frustrating.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the singers are told to let us sing without them or not. Thus, my Pet Peeve about not letting us sing acapella - let us fail and if that happens, its not our fault.

Don't tell us we are all not good enough by having the person sing through. If its tradition, let it continue. If it sounds like crap, who's fault is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone mentioned standing - does anyone know whatever happened to Mannings promise about safe standing? I was really pumped for that but it's been silence since

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Someone mentioned standing - does anyone know whatever happened to Mannings promise about safe standing? I was really pumped for that but it's been silence since
    I think it depends on Toronto's participation in the 2026 World Cup. Stadiums would have to seat 40,000, so the idea was to expand the stadium, including the south end, and then making the south end general admission to better group the supporters - and then everybody else can be in the side or corners of the south end. It would greatly improve the atmosphere. Manning gets that, but I think again it has more to do with expansion and the World Cup than anything near future. Unfortunately I don't think anything will happen with this project in the near future, and I don't see Manning sticking around much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think it depends on Toronto's participation in the 2026 World Cup. Stadiums would have to seat 40,000, so the idea was to expand the stadium, including the south end, and then making the south end general admission to better group the supporters - and then everybody else can be in the side or corners of the south end. It would greatly improve the atmosphere. Manning gets that, but I think again it has more to do with expansion and the World Cup than anything near future. Unfortunately I don't think anything will happen with this project in the near future, and I don't see Manning sticking around much longer.
    Ah, brutal. I'd honestly trade another season or two of garbage if we could lock in GA and a terrace in the south end, it'd be amazing for the atmosphere there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    cough2007cough
    I mean now not in 2007 or earlier. In 2020 I think it's weird.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I dont know but it needs to happen sooner rather than later. Need general admission asap so we can group like minded people together and push tourists who contribute nothing to the sides of the south end or at minimum it will encourage them to participate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General admission. No thank you.
    Not a fan of that. I like the people I'm around. Don't need a drunk asshole to ruin my game and evening out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not for me. thats not real. and maybe there is no energy this year in the stands because there is none on the pitch.
    Nah. There are shit teams all around the globe who show up week in and week out. The culture was left to the supporters groups for a decade to provide the atmosphere.

There are maybe 500 people who actively know the words to chants.thats being generous. I think people say 'manufactured' to scare people when really, it would be great if everyone could sing something, anything as a stadium. You dont have to put in on a screen, but at least tell people they should take 30 minutes to learn it.

Right now 112 and 114 cant even stay in sync.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    It's actually a very interesting topic...I dont want any more of a manufactured atmosphere than we already attempt in the stadium, but we've had this discussion in my section (127) about getting together to provide a united voice for supporters that are outside the supporter sections. A different supporter group than the ones in the south end, but one that I think would be beneficial to the atmosphere and supporter relations with the club without being attached to one of the south end supporter groups. We'll see.
    Agree 100%. Atmosphere should be everywhere. There should be an upper deck supporters group. The sound Carries the best there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    General admission. No thank you.
    Not a fan of that. I like the people I'm around. Don't need a drunk asshole to ruin my game and evening out
    In practicality you almost always end up around the same people, anyway, and tickets are resold so often that you aren't safe from 'a drunk asshole' in the assigned seats setup, so it's really much of a muchness in that way. But it does wonders for atmosphere for a number of reasons and it's also just safer (no more banging my knees into the seats in front fo me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have two pairs of seats in 113 - and we are seeing a 25% increase year over year.

that's a dick punch - dinging your most LOYAL customers who have renewed year after year with such a single year increase is simply put an insult.

Not pleased

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. There are shit teams all around the globe who show up week in and week out. The culture was left to the supporters groups for a decade to provide the atmosphere.

There are maybe 500 people who actively know the words to chants.thats being generous. I think people say 'manufactured' to scare people when really, it would be great if everyone could sing something, anything as a stadium. You dont have to put in on a screen, but at least tell people they should take 30 minutes to learn it.

Right now 112 and 114 cant even stay in sync.
    I’m in the second level. I would not mind song sheets being distributed, being told with tickets “it’s a tradition to ...” but they announcer telling us to ruins it Next they’ll hand a big screen over the field and tell us to “make noise”. I’m not interested in that kind of experience. No one has to do that at tranmere rovers. Or Liverpool
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-31-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    We have two pairs of seats in 113 - and we are seeing a 25% increase year over year.

that's a dick punch - dinging your most LOYAL customers who have renewed year after year with such a single year increase is simply put an insult.

Not pleased
    I am interested in understanding why you believe south end supporters are the most “loyal”...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m in the second level. I would not mind song sheets being distributed, being told with tickets “it’s a tradition to ...” but they announcer telling us to ruins it Next they’ll hand a big screen over the field and tell us to “make noise”. I’m not interested in that kind of experience. No one has to do that at traders rovers. Or Liverpool
    ill give you that. perfectly fair. I dont want a plastic atmosphere either.

But it should be noted that even Liverpool plays YNWA and people sing along.