Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm curious, are you someone who only started following the team in 2016? It's not wrong to have done so, but understandable why you would now ditch your tickets.

A lot of people here are more fans of soccer in general and want their own team to cheer for. Many of us indeed come from backgrounds where one cheered for their local team for generations even if they didn't win the league.

A lot of people over the years made a big deal on this board of ditching their tickets over the years. Many of them came back in 2016-2017 and paid scalpers ridiculous prices to get MLS Cup tickets, or didn't get in at all. Those of us who stuck with the team got rewarded by seeing our team win the treble at home. So we have a different perspective when a team is going through a tough spell.

So you have every right to decide if the tickets are worth your while, entertainment is a discretionary purchase, but understand that most people here are of a different mindset.

i am used to 2015, 2016 and 2017. the beginning of the year started off great, you could not get any better entertainment than the ne, nycfc and mn games

then it just got real bad

tfcfans wrote in his terrific post:

I'll keep my two original tickets as long as I am financially able to do so too (next year should be fine unless they raise the prices some crazy amount), as the bond that the team has helped to create between my daughter and I as a result of our gameday ritual/experience over the years is worth a lot to me

this would be the main reason for me keeping my tickets as well. that is why this is a very tough decision.

oldtmer wrote:
    A lot of people over the years made a big deal on this board of ditching their tickets over the years. Many of them came back in 2016-2017 and paid scalpers ridiculous prices to get MLS Cup tickets, or didn't get in at all. Those of us who stuck with the team got rewarded by seeing our team win the treble at home. So we have a different perspective when a team is going through a tough spell

that is my fear, give them up now won't be able to get back in later
    i will closely follow the resale value of my tickets for the next 4 games. as of now Orlando game resale value is high
    i have amazing seats

Last edited by stevep; 08-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.