Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally I'd make a huge fuss over playoff round 1 being the same price as our finals tickets but since we're most likely seeing no home playoff matches, it really doesn't matter.

And I like how they put MLS Final tickets on there when it's already mathematically impossible. We're heading back to the stupid age again I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I am interested in understanding why you believe south end supporters are the most “loyal”...
    Yeah, I read that and went "Oh boy".

Guess where I was last week - top of 115

The amount of people who showed up at minute 30-50 was worse there then 221 and what I have observed in my visits into the Upper East. ( Yes, I know the South's culture of fluidity of presence over 90 minutes is well known)

And don't get me started on people who have been going to games for 10 years who claim "well the Ex slows me getting in" - they just can't be assed to have their body in the stadium on time.

There are NUMEROUS MLS stadiums where supporter groups demand you be there on time or you are not part of the group anymore.

That isn't the Toronto supporter groups way. Nor do I think it should be. But by and large, in this league, loyalty of supporters is judged based on being there for the full 90, not on what you do when you are there for 60 minutes.

Counterpoint:

RPB indicates that you do not need to be in 111-112 to be considered part of RPB - you just have to share the values.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-31-2019 at 06:19 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    No.i Figure every game I miss costs me $50.
    I hope to miss 0 games, but say I don't want to go to 5 games that's $250 lost.

If I sell zlatan game and lafc game and say the cne game I will easily make back that $250
    I may also experiment with selling tickets on Craigslist next year.
    As of now if I sold my tickets on tickets now for Colorado game I would not lose money.
    Also no bullshit gold cup next year
    Gold Cup is not bullshit. It is simply too frequent.

Every 4 years is ideal for me.

Also not the Gold Cups fault we stacked our core with Nationals.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I read that and went "Oh boy".

Guess where I was last week - top of 115

The amount of people who showed up at minute 30-50 was worse there then 221 and what I have observed in my visits into the Upper East. ( Yes, I know the South's culture of fluidity of presence over 90 minutes is well known)

And don't get me started on people who have been going to games for 10 years who claim "well the Ex slows me getting in" - they just can't be assed to have their body in the stadium on time.

There are NUMEROUS MLS stadiums where supporter groups demand you be there on time or you are not part of the group anymore.

That isn't the Toronto supporter groups way. Nor do I think it should be. But by and large, in this league, loyalty of supporters is judged based on being there for the full 90, not on what you do when you are there for 60 minutes.

Counterpoint:

RPB indicates that you do not need to be in 111-112 to be considered part of RPB - you just have to share the values.
    i am sure you enjoyed our rendition of beans on toast during your visit to the Top of 115! You are always welcome OG, next time come down (row 16) and say hi, would love to put a face to the name...

really I want to understand the mentality, loyalty isn’t what section of the stadium you sit in... I know plenty of day “oners” whom don’t sit in South end, that are far more loyal to this club then “some south Enders”. Loyalty isn’t creating an atmosphere, it’s through thick and thin, day in and out no matter the result, and crap, these guys have been doing it at a much higher price point than 380 a ticket.

since day one, the south end is a tourist attraction, there is no loyalty in 50% of the seats as they change hands on a weekly basis, if you are hurt you went up 25%, give your head a shake, 25% over 20 games at your price point is 3 dollars a game, you are at 380 a seat paying 19 dollars a game.

For example, mid point grey level, day one seat has watched his per seat price fluctuate 500 a season, which is more than we pay a seat (generally in the south), yes he was pissed, yeah he complained, but he didn’t cancel his tickets, because he loves the club and is loyal to the badge...

edit; don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to make this a “they are more loyal than you” argument, I am just trying to understand the position.

I am a RPB member and a loyal supporter of this club and sit @ the top of 115... and not testing my loyalty vs anyone else’s.
    Last edited by Carter; 08-31-2019 at 07:40 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the singers are told to let us sing without them or not. Thus, my Pet Peeve about not letting us sing acapella - let us fail and if that happens, its not our fault.

Don't tell us we are all not good enough by having the person sing through. If its tradition, let it continue. If it sounds like crap, who's fault is that?
    I often wonder how the anthem singers get paid. Do they get a flat rate? Do they get paid per song? Do they prefer singing at a TFC game because they have to do "less work"? Do they have to sing a certain number of words?

Yep - these are the things I think about.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With respect to south end ticket prices, I reprise Fake Tom from 2010....

_____

I wonder if these stupid soccer supporters groups have ever heard of the Gallery Gods in the old Boston Garden? Or the Blue Seaters at the old MSG? Or the Bleacher Creatures at old Yankee Stadium?

They were big groups of working class hardcores in the cheapest seats and they were around for decades. I think they lasted 70 years for the Bruins. Their basic mission was to yell their lungs out, give out “Man of the Year” awards, and, probably most importantly, make fun of and generally harass the suits. They even did the odd song (the “Potvin Sucks” thing at Ranger games was a Blue Seat special). So, other than the fact that they did bumper stickers and didn’t have scarves…..sound familiar?

Those groups were all famous. They were tough too, those groups were filled with badasses from Long Island or Southie. These Toronto supporters are the Ladies Auxiliary by comparison.

The Gallery Gods and Blue Seats had their place. And when the time came, they were all euthanized. It’s a snap of the fingers. You raise ticket prices and/or remodel/rebuild the arenas, and they can’t afford to come. Everyone moans and bitches (it was bad in New York, they put boxes in where the Blue Seats were in the late eighties, the tabloids caterwauled about it for months).

Because the truth is, we don’t like those groups. Sure, some of those people are decent enough, but there’s always a few people who will use the mob to cause security problems at games, and other people, who are sitting in better seats, see that and don’t come back.

This city has thousands of docile Leaf, Raptor and TFC fans, who come and go, but mostly, they’ll pay what we tell them to pay. So I’ll pay some lip service to these "supporters" who think they're so special, but if they take a hike, cry me a river. I've got infinite demand for the cheap seats anyway, it's the more expensive seats that are giving me a headache anyway.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the prices for 111 since Day One:
    Year Matches Price per Membership Price per Game Price per Game Increase
    2007 17 $249 $14.65
    2008 17 $272 $16.00 9%
    2009 18 $326 $18.11 13%
    2010 18 $367 $20.39 13%
    2011 22 $485 $22.05 8%
    2012 19 $399 $21.00 -5%
    2013 19 $228 $12.00 -43%
    2014 19 $228 $12.00 0%
    2015 19 $228 $12.00 0%
    2016 19 $323 $17.00 42%
    2017 19 $361 $19.00 12%
    2018 20 $430 $21.50 13%
    2019 20 $462 $23.10 7%
    2020 20 $510 $25.50 10%

A 10% increase is certainly not justified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greekasm View Post
    Here are the prices for 111 since Day One:
    Year Matches Price per Membership Price per Game Price per Game Increase
    2007 17 $249 $14.65
    2008 17 $272 $16.00 9%
    2009 18 $326 $18.11 13%
    2010 18 $367 $20.39 13%
    2011 22 $485 $22.05 8%
    2012 19 $399 $21.00 -5%
    2013 19 $228 $12.00 -43%
    2014 19 $228 $12.00 0%
    2015 19 $228 $12.00 0%
    2016 19 $323 $17.00 42%
    2017 19 $361 $19.00 12%
    2018 20 $430 $21.50 13%
    2019 20 $462 $23.10 7%
    2020 20 $510 $25.50 10%

A 10% increase is certainly not justified.
    The $2.40 a game isn’t justified? Costs increase in running a stadium, repair and maintenance, property taxes, staffing, security, safety.

Please.

justification is in the eye of the beholder. The justification you are seeking is a winning team, increase in prices aren’t dependant on that factor. Inflation and other costs listed above are just a few of the factors taken into account in rising ticket prices.

People need to stop looking at it one dimensionally and look at the grand scheme of operating a business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    The $2.40 a game isn’t justified? Costs increase in running a stadium, repair and maintenance, property taxes, staffing, security, safety.
    Year over year costs did not increase 10% this year. The rate of inflation is currently around 2%. There are a million other factors going into establishing the price of membership, but please let's not blame rising costs to justify the increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be renewing, as I always have. Excited to see how many more casuals will be sitting in 113 next season.

One day (hopefully a long, long time from now) when I'm close to kicking the bucket, I plan to tally up how many college tuitions I'd have given this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think it depends on Toronto's participation in the 2026 World Cup. Stadiums would have to seat 40,000, so the idea was to expand the stadium, including the south end, and then making the south end general admission to better group the supporters - and then everybody else can be in the side or corners of the south end. It would greatly improve the atmosphere. Manning gets that, but I think again it has more to do with expansion and the World Cup than anything near future. Unfortunately I don't think anything will happen with this project in the near future, and I don't see Manning sticking around much longer.
    The club desperately needs to do something to help get the south back in order. Would the SGs control the tickets in that scenario, though? I wonder where would that leave those, like myself, who have never been a paying SG member but still contribute to the atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    One day (hopefully a long, long time from now) when I'm close to kicking the bucket, I plan to tally up how many college tuitions I'd have given this company.
    This made my day.

One day (hopefully a long, long time from now) when I'm close to kicking the bucket, I plan to tally up how much beer I've drank at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They keep increasing the prices while reducing benefits/perks of being SSH. Plus, this team has underperformed in the last 2 years. So I don't understand how they can increase ticket prices.

The only reason why I am renewing because I have close to $400 credit by selling my tickets this year. However, I opt out for playoff tickets this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greekasm View Post
    Year over year costs did not increase 10% this year. The rate of inflation is currently around 2%. There are a million other factors going into establishing the price of membership, but please let's not blame rising costs to justify the increase.
    Year over year costs may not have rose 10%, but is it possible they are still trying to climb out of a hole that they buried themselves in 2012 - 2015 era when EVERY SSH were rolled back to year one pricing or lower (as per your of values)

There was 1.5% commercial tax rate increase last year, and projecting a 2.2% increase in 2020, inflation was rough increase of 1.8% so to use round numbers, we will say 3% in costs just right there, repayment of municipal and Provinical loans (to build and renovate), staffing (yeah people get raises), policing costs (they aren’t their for free), repair and maintenance on the facility.

The increase in my opinion is justified, I benefited greatly during rollback years and have no issue paying my fair share.

If you draw a straight line of per game cost, your tickets have increased 11 dollars over 14 years, that’s less than a dollar a year.

Save 2.50 a day for 20 days and you’ve covered your “increase per game”, 90% of people spend more than that on coffee per day..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tickets in lower 110 went up exactly 10%. Yes this is a large increases. In total about 45-50% since the price drop in 2013. So my tickets are now $888 from $808 per seat last year. While the increase is significant, I like to look at the overall value. At about $45 per ticket, its a great night out - win or lose. My 2 large beers with tip are almost as much as the ticket itself. In comparison, going to a Leaf game, which can be pretty dire, especially on Wednesday nights (too many suits) is $150+ then add drinks. For me TFC it is still excellent value and I look forward to next year.
    Last edited by OTDude82; 08-31-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've actually emailed my account rep on this digital ticket question last week but I haven't heard back yet.

This is the excerpt from our invoice:

"Beginning in the 2020 season, tickets will be issued in the form of "mobile tickets" which can be displayed on a mobiledevice using (i) the TFC app, (ii) TFC Account Manager, or (iii) a phone's Apple/Android wallet.No paper tickets will be issued except on an exception basis as determined by MLSE."

There isn't any criteria listed for when they will allow an exception but I'll post something once they respond.

My issue is not that I don't have a smart phone - I do - my issue is that the organization I currently work for (and who provides and pays for my phone) took on a confidential project for the Federal Government and anyone working on this project was required to delete all non essential apps for security reasons and when I got my phone back from IT the TFC app had been deleted and its now locked so I can no longer add any apps . I'm hoping to project will be completed before next season but I don't know and I don't want to renew and find out that I'll need to go buy another phone/plan just to go to the TFC matches as I'm already paying a fair bit for my tickets. My renewal this year for 2 tickets is $3400 (including taxes) and last year was $3,068 so about an 11% increase. (I've been a season seat holder since the beginning)

As for the digital tickets being a "green" initiative it's sort of true but I don't really buy that it makes a significant difference. In the overall season ticket holder package the green savings for the physical tickets would account for very little of the overall package i.e. they're still sending us a package (courier service, gas, packaging), there's still a scarf (dyes, processing of yarn, manufacturing) and probably still some fancy book with high end paper and colour printing that most of us just throw out anyway. If they were really committed to green initiatives they would eliminate all of it and go completely digital.
    The reality is its saving them money on print costs for the tickets which means they're directly pocketing more of the money we're giving them (which is more than last year)....but I have been told I'm overly cynical

Hmm.....not sure how this plays out but what about people with dexterity or visual impairments? Accommodations would have to be made certainly.

Worth somebody asking Manning directly about old geezers without cell phones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    My renewal this year for 2 tickets is $3400 (including taxes) and last year was $3,068 so about an 11% increase. (I've been a season seat holder since the beginning)
    Holy crap, 11% on top of $3,068 for 2 tickets, wow sorry! What section is this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've actually emailed my account rep on this digital ticket question last week but I haven't heard back yet.

"Beginning in the 2020 season, tickets will be issued in the form of "mobile tickets" which can be displayed on a mobiledevice using (i) the TFC app, (ii) TFC Account Manager, or (iii) a phone's Apple/Android wallet.No paper tickets will be issued except on an exception basis as determined by MLSE."

There isn't any criteria listed for when they will allow an exception but I'll post something once they respond.

My issue is not that I don't have a smart phone - I do - my issue is that the organization I currently work for (and who provides and pays for my phone) took on a confidential project for the Federal Government and anyone working on this project was required to delete all non essential apps for security reasons and when I got my phone back from IT the TFC app had been deleted and its now locked so I can no longer add any apps . I'm hoping to project will be completed before next season but I don't know and I don't want to renew and find out that I'll need to go buy another phone/plan just to go to the TFC matches as I'm already paying a fair bit for my tickets. My renewal this year for 2 tickets is $3400 (including taxes) and last year was $3,068 so about an 11% increase. (I've been a season seat holder since the beginning)

As for the digital tickets being a "green" initiative it's sort of true but I don't really buy that it makes a significant difference. In the overall season ticket holder package the green savings for the physical tickets would account for very little of the overall package i.e. they're still sending us a package (courier service, gas, packaging), there's still a scarf (dyes, processing of yarn, manufacturing) and probably still some fancy book with high end paper and colour printing that most of us just throw out anyway. If they were really committed to green initiatives they would eliminate all of it and go completely digital.
    The reality is its saving them money on print costs for the tickets which means they're directly pocketing more of the money we're giving them (which is more than last year)....but I have been told I'm overly cynical
    They are doing this to destroy the secondary market (StubHub)

I wish they were just up front about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    They are doing this to take over the scalping market (StubHub -> Ticketmaster "Verified Resale Ticket")

FYP

Argh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are then maybe the 6 seats beside ours will actually be occasionally occupied - they are owned by a SSH but are basically occupied about 3 games a season - we suspect he's a scalper who doesn't often get takers for the seats due to the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the secondary market will still exist selling through Ticketmaster's TicketNow. I've sold three games using it this season and it was very easy to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I think the secondary market will still exist selling through Ticketmaster's TicketNow. I've sold three games using it this season and it was very easy to use.
    Ticketsnow is the 'official' re-seller for TFC. Our Account portal is hosted by TicketMaster and when selling tickets from there it sends them to TicketsNow.

So would not be surprised if TicketMaster is encouraging organizations they have a relationship with to make changes that wil keep the resale tickets away from StubHub and onto TicketsNow instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Ticketsnow is the 'official' re-seller for TFC. Our Account portal is hosted by TicketMaster and when selling tickets from there it sends them to TicketsNow.

So would not be surprised if TicketMaster is encouraging organizations they have a relationship with to make changes that wil keep the resale tickets away from StubHub and onto TicketsNow instead.
    A few years ago it came out that the Jays were getting a kickback from Stubhub for sales through their platform. The Jays integrated their season ticket holder platform with Stubhub so season ticket holders were able to easily upload their seats onto the platform (similar to TFC and TicketsNow). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar arrangement with Ticketmaster and MLSE.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tic...jays-1.4597286

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i.e. they're still sending us a package (courier service, gas, packaging)
    I expect no such package to be honest. They will probably tell us to pick up the scarf at the stadium or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

I had to sell a concert ticket a while back. First time using Ticketmaster for the listing. But between the fee TM charges me the seller and the fee they charge the subsequent buyer, they basically take a total 30% fee. Don't remember the exact split but it was something like 17/13. By getting rid of paper they might finally take it to the dozen scalpers who work every damn thing in this city. Seriously it's the same jackasses at every event. TM wants their cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I expect no such package to be honest. They will probably tell us to pick up the scarf at the stadium or something like that.

I had to sell a concert ticket a while back. First time using Ticketmaster for the listing. But between the fee TM charges me the seller and the fee they charge the subsequent buyer, they basically take a total 30% fee. Don't remember the exact split but it was something like 17/13. By getting rid of paper they might finally take it to the dozen scalpers who work every damn thing in this city. Seriously it's the same jackasses at every event. TM wants their cut.
    Can't you transfer/email tickets to someone at no cost through tfc website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a really good chat with my account rep today...full mobile tickets is the way they are going but they won't lose SSH's because they don't have access to a mobile device...they are working on alternatives but essentially don't know what that looks like yet (and it may not be overly convenient for us)... my advice to anyone who may need an alternative to mobile ticketing is to call your account rep, explain your situation and discuss with them, my account rep was very helpful ... in any event even at $3400 for my 2 tickets I will be renewing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Till the year I die

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can download it to a wallet, I can upload it to Stubhub.

Ticketmaster was caught with an entire secondary market platform - TradeDesk - a year ago https://www.thestar.com/news/investi...-business.html.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the part that kills me when there are taglines like "think about the environment before printing these tickets". As if the carbon footprint of the travelling team alone, never mind all of the people coming to the game, the wasted food, the thrown out recyables, etc aren't the bigger issues. I've been struggling a bit with this - I work in ticketing - I go to a lot of events - I am not doing the environment any favours.

It's like when a band like U2 (as an example) speaks out about environmental issue but then tours a massive arena stage show around the world for two years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

StubHub just asks you to transfer direct from you TM account. Though eventually people may question why they are paying a fee buyer and seller to do a direct email transfer. When buying I prefer the direct tm transfer, as you know the tix are legit.
    Now, you're neighborhood scalper will be out of luck. Personally, i feel a few of our most recognizable scalpers have become a part of the game day experience. Events wont feel the same without them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post

Next year they may send us yarn and a few knitting needles and tell us to make it ourselves.

I've seen the same scalpers too at different sporting events. Although, online scalping seems to be much more prevalent than the scalpers outside the arenas.
    Last edited by pfk; 09-11-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: formatting