Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyageur's Cup Semi First Leg - TFC@Ottawa Wed August 7th 7:30pm - A Tale Told...

By An Idiot

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono
    Laryea/zavaletta/dunn/morgan
    Fraser/chapman/osorio
    Gallardo/mullens/benezet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Bono
    Laryea/zavaletta/dunn/morgan
    Fraser/chapman/osorio
    Gallardo/mullens/benezet
    Would not be surprised to see a TFCII regular or two with it being the second of three games in eight days. I am also sure playing on turf will factor into the lineup. Either a first team player who has been playing down in USL or someone who is on a USL deal. Seeing Noble Okello get a run out after his performance in the homegrown game would be interesting. You also have Griffin Dorsey. Maybe Jordan Peruzza who has been scoring at a pretty good clip fpr TFCII. We have seem a number players make their first and in some cases only appearance with the Reds in these type of games ie Allando Matheson, Brian James, Malik Johnson, Mitch Tainter etc.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For reference here is the starting 11 from the opening leg of the semi-finals at Ottawa last year. Lots of the regulars were missing including all three DPs.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I can't root for TFC on this one...

I'm thinking Vanney will choose players on the field for either a last shot at redemption or enough rope to hang themselves.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Sorry, I can't root for TFC on this one...

I'm thinking Vanney will choose players on the field for either a last shot at redemption or enough rope to hang themselves.
    I think we also will see the TAM twins.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone confirm whether this will be shown LIVE anywhere? --- OneSoccer has this listed at 10:00PM after they show the Mtl/Cal match live at 7:30......do they not have the ability to show two games at the same time? am I reading the OneSoccer site incorrectly?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Can anyone confirm whether this will be shown LIVE anywhere? --- OneSoccer has this listed at 10:00PM after they show the Mtl/Cal match live at 7:30......do they not have the ability to show two games at the same time? am I reading the OneSoccer site incorrectly?
    I don't know about that either... Pretty amazing though, I just noticed that TFC isn't listing these games on their schedule yet at https://www.torontofc.ca/schedule

BTW this is what TSN 2 is showing at the same time as this game on Wed., starting at 8pm: "2019 WCO World Cornhole Cup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game on tape delay - this is exactly why I ditched onesoccer after 2 days - they can't show more then 1 game at a time, even after they are done. Its like they have only 1 webstream - ever.

Relying upon twitter feeds for updates is going to be interesting, especially as none of the journos are likely to go to Ottawa for the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Game on tape delay - this is exactly why I ditched onesoccer after 2 days - they can't show more then 1 game at a time, even after they are done. Its like they have only 1 webstream - ever.

Relying upon twitter feeds for updates is going to be interesting, especially as none of the journos are likely to go to Ottawa for the game.
    I would not be surprised if The Beezer goes for the Sun, but then again they do have both the Citizen and Ottawa Sun for resources too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not live anywhere? I'll be looking for updates. At Joes.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

OneSoccer is awful through and through. When they inked the 10-year deal you just knew it was going to be a disaster.

I guess someone incompetent is running the show here? The parent company is fine from a general perspective, but OneSoccer has had more than it’s fair share of “growing pains.” It’s like they hired some unpaid interns and made them throw it all together without sending anyone over from the mothership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what I wish DAZN bought MLS rights as well.

This is such a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know what I wish DAZN bought MLS rights as well.

This is such a joke.
    DAZN has MLS rights, TSN just exercises local broadcast rights to make it as useless as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    DAZN has MLS rights, TSN just exercises local broadcast rights to make it as useless as possible.
    Yup - everything that everyone complains about with DAZN is a direct result of archaic contracts that the broadcasters have set-up. It seems like I can't watch half of MLS games because of TSNs rights and I get the privilege of watching them on a 48+ hour delay. I've already gotten the highlights and watched match breakdowns by that point - thanks TSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Yup - everything that everyone complains about with DAZN is a direct result of archaic contracts that the broadcasters have set-up. It seems like I can't watch half of MLS games because of TSNs rights and I get the privilege of watching them on a 48+ hour delay. I've already gotten the highlights and watched match breakdowns by that point - thanks TSN.
    Obviously it sucks, but sports are the last stronghold of traditional media and there’s no way it gets better before it gets worse.

Just wait until every non-traditional media company is purchased by the traditional ones during the death throes. They will just throw money at all the VC backed companies haemorrhaging it (like DAZN), and then we’ll end up with the same thing different story, unfortunately.

Either that or every “disruptive” company just does the same thing the traditional media did, because eventually you have to make money somehow.

A cursory glance at streaming media services pretty much shows it already, and with traditional media lobbying governments and governments being clueless or worse means it isn’t exactly going to get better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A number of first team reserve players including five who played at Ottawa last season suited up in TFCII's 4-1 loss last Wednesday and I full expect to see them, Zavaletta, Chapman (CDN), Fraiser (CDN) Akinola (CDN?) and Morgan (CDN) in action at the Fury. This group alone would meet the Canadian starter mandate set by the CSA, Also would not be surprised to see Noble Okello make his first team debut. With a big division matchup at home vs. Orlando on Saturday, I don't expect to see many of the regular starters plus the fact that the match is being played on turf will come into play as Greg sets the lineup considering a player like Erickson Gallardo is recovering from a quad strain. I would say the Reds would be quite happy to take a 1-0 lead into the home leg just like last year.

So with Justin missing next Saturday after picking up a red card against the Red Bulls does he suit up in Ottawa. Also with Mavinga and Deleon leaving Saturday's match with knocks does that keep out their replacements as I sure they would not want to be risked with a
    league match only a few days later. I will be very interested to see if anyone from TFC II is called up for the match like we have seen in the past?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder how mlse is showing the game at a private local by invitation only ? And I can’t support any first team players playing after Vanneys last year disrespect to the whole champions league process .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Wonder how mlse is showing the game at a private local by invitation only ? And I can’t support any first team players playing after Vanneys last year disrespect to the whole champions league process .
    Is this one of these typical season ticket holder draw type things? I will be curious if the CSA/MLSE get a deal with One Soccer to get it streamed through their website with it apparently being shown on delay. Even though I will be at the game that's completely unacceptable not have this available in real time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how many are going up for the game Wednesday? Will I see any of you there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you need to stream the game from your phone for those of us who won’t get a chance to watch live

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be there will my brother. Have southside GA tickets. Likely in section W.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not making the trip on wednesday to ottawa but was looking forward to the away viewing -- get that changes in the landscape (football and broadcasting) affect things, onesoccer in play ..... But delayed? Come on

Still looking forward but may end up being a combo of radio silence/match updates and a late delay viewing at Joes (we'll sort it out)
    RPB has Obama'ed me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Duke of Gloucester showing the game live at 7:30? If so, how is no one else able to watch it at that time in this city?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Soccer just tweeted that they will have this game live, as well as Montreal / Cavalry.

You may have to stream it from the site onesoccer.ca instead of using the app.

Just a reminder that if you don't have a subscription to Onesoccer you can do a one month trial for free.
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 08-07-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: tweet tag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    One Soccer just tweeted that they will have this game live, as well as Montreal / Cavalry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/onesoccer...01753786937345
    Thanks for the tweet, was honestly surprised at the earlier info that it was originally supposed to be on tape delay at 10pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be there will my brother. Have southside GA tickets. Likely in section W.
    Oh, that's where the last couple of games a lot of pre-teen kids congregate to cheer on the Fury and heckle the opposition. It's almost adorable.

One issue I have with OSEG is that i've heard hardly any promotion for the game. I would figure they would want as much advertising as possible because this is a game that casuals would pay money to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is bringing Osorio, Morrow, Gallardo, Benezet and Shaffelburg to Ottawa.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...-some-big-guns

From Instagram it looks like Morgan, Ciman, Laryea, Endoh, Akinola, and Zavaleta have also made the trip. Mavinga was visiting the CN Tower today, so I'm guessing he isn't traveling.

I wonder if Akinola will be counted as one of the three required Canadian players this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

From Instagram it looks like Morgan, Ciman, Laryea, Endoh, Akinola, and Zavaleta have also made the trip. Mavinga was visiting the CN Tower today, so I'm guessing he isn't traveling.

I wonder if Akinola will be counted as one of the three required Canadian players this year.
    Not sure on Ayo with him being a dual national and to play for Canada he would have to file his one time switch. Not like they need for him to count tomorrow night with handful of Canadians in the group of 11 who have made the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Bono
    Laryea/zavs/ciman/morgan
    -------------fraser--------'----
    Benezet/chapman/oso/shaff
    -------------akinola---------

Bring gallardo off the bench.