Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I said this in another thread but a high level soccer trainer I met - doing his PhD, no slouch - says that TFC over trains and doesn’t use modern techniques. He was very careful - he said “the whole league is too American in their training methods” but that’s what he meant. He may be wrong but it’s an interesting perspective. .
    Yeah I read your other post as well, very interesting.

But I'm still amazed, after last year's injury-riddled season, and the promise of more careful load management based on the latest science, that this topic of sports science is never raised with the team, by journalists or anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    Didn’t even acknowledge the away fans, this team knows this season is a joke.
    Sadly a of of people will not renew season seats next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.... I guess we're going the f*ck home then.

Last edited by Brooker; 08-04-2019 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

But I'm still amazed, after last year's injury-riddled season, and the promise of more careful load management based on the latest science, that this topic of sports science is never raised with the team, by journalists or anyone else.
    Me too. It’s a question that needs to be asked. And answered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I said this in another thread but a high level soccer trainer I met - doing his PhD, no slouch - says that TFC over trains and doesn’t use modern techniques. He was very careful - he said “the whole league is too American in their training methods” but that’s what he meant. He may be wrong but it’s an interesting perspective. .

Not completely sold on that as the high performance guy they brought in from Leicester a few years ago, Tom Williams, is very much NOT into the overtraining thing and regularly is seeking out new approaches. Vanney and others talk about guys on recovery all the time. Its why they remark when guys are "back to full training".

I can see there being differences of opinion when it comes to how people do "at full training" though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It could have been worse, you could have been stuck watching a CSL match.
    Thanks, my memory of this game has now been replaced by one where we win 6-2 with a Telfer brace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Wtf you doing in China
    The obvious answer is that I’m on a mission to discover how to rig games in favour of us winning rather than losing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not completely sold on that as the high performance guy they brought in from Leicester a few years ago, Tom Williams, is very much NOT into the overtraining thing and regularly is seeking out new approaches. Vanney and others talk about guys on recovery all the time. Its why they remark when guys are "back to full training".

I can see there being differences of opinion when it comes to how people do "at full training" though.
    You have more information than I do. But something is going on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Not media on camera or live air radio but people podding have mention it a number of times this year.

It's become a Toronto thing to talk about, load mgmt
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Is he still here though? Do they listen to him?

If I had a dollar for every time an organization paid for sound advice (from someone capable of giving it) but didn’t internalize it i’d be making money than Ronaldo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Sadly a of of people will not renew season seats next year.
    That began with Seba leaving with casuals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That began with Seba leaving with casuals.
    Casuals? I was a season ticket holder for roughly 6 seasons. I paid my dues. 2016 and 2017 were an anomaly for this club, and as the saying goes, “doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...is a sign of..........When Leiwike and Betz left this club, followed by Seba and VV, and others, and the flop signings, misadventures with VDW etc...nothing short of a miracle was going to restore 2017.It is over. What is easier to predict, is 10 years of mediocrity, and I refuse to lay out my hard earned dollars for that. Besides, in the world of sports entertainment, losing fans and revenue remains the only genuine stimulus for a serious rebuild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing that bugs me is we dont understand every pt is crucial and find out the best way to get the pts, not to put you B team on against Houston, or yesterday come out lazily after halftime, the coach and management should be revaluated and we should see how to make ourselves look like a top tier team, we have the money to improve our club and being alright with an average performance should irk the fanbase

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see Nico make his TFC debut last night, becoming the 214 player to have suited up for the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    And TFC should have had 4 goals in the first half.
    This. We should have came away with at least a draw, but we didn't bury our chances and Robles was incredible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Casuals? I was a season ticket holder for roughly 6 seasons. I paid my dues. 2016 and 2017 were an anomaly for this club, and as the saying goes, “doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...is a sign of..........When Leiwike and Betz left this club, followed by Seba and VV, and others, and the flop signings, misadventures with VDW etc...nothing short of a miracle was going to restore 2017.It is over. What is easier to predict, is 10 years of mediocrity, and I refuse to lay out my hard earned dollars for that. Besides, in the world of sports entertainment, losing fans and revenue remains the only genuine stimulus for a serious rebuild.
    Yes. Casuals. There are many casuals that are gone. It happens every year in every sport. If you don't consider yourself one, you are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at the match in the away section. Frustrating to watch (on TV or live) we dominated much of the first half and although Schaf got robbed we should have had a goal or two in the first 45. NYRB got lucky with that OG but in typical TFC fashion we couldn't capitalize on anything including the missed penalty...so we got what we deserved.

I would say nearly half of the away section was filled by Bono's family - they're all in Syracuse. Had a nice chat with his pops, seems very bitter (understandably so) about Bono being pushed out of the lineup and puts the blame on Vanney. TBH I wasn't following the team closely during the spring (Raptors run, sorry) so while I knew at that point that Bono was out I was initially surprised once I started tuning back into TFC.