RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - July 26-27

FRIDAY

SKC @ NYC 7:30pm- SKC going into this game with 2 wins then a loss while NYC going in with 2 losses then a win. What I'm looking at this game? Can SKC play helter skelter out wide in that barn box

Atlanta @ LAFC 10:00pm - GAME OF THE WEEKEND Atlanta talked this week about going back to their high press - against LAFC smarting after last week - very interesting What I'm looking at this game? Who's got the better mental fortitude

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday

Orlando @ NER 7pm - New England has been transformed through decent midfield play & belief. Orlando would be so lucky. What I'm looking at this match? Will NER be looking ahead to LAFC next week.

Columbus @ NYRB 7:30pm - NYRB has been unconvincing of late - good thing for them that CBus has been just bad. What I'm looking at this match? Red Bulls will likely play the same team against us in a week

DCU @ Chicago 8pm
    - DC has been sliding back mostly due to an attack that has gone anemic. Good thing the last time they played Chicago, it was 3-3. What I'm looking at this match? Now that the Fire are leaving Bridgeview, they are not hiding bad attendances - will there be a Rooney bump

RSL @ FCDallas 8pm - 2 very streaky teams that just sit in playoff position. Dallas can look very good. RSL always looks just good enough. What I'm looking at this match? At some point, one of these 2 has to start grinding out the points

Seattle @ Houston 8pm
    - Houston at home in heat versus a Cascadia team usually means a good result for them. But this Seattle team is a bit more grindy. What I"m looking at this match? Who's for real this year

Vancouver @ Minnesota 8pm - The Whitecaps are in crisis going to an away fixture that is very very tough. What I'm looking at this match? Are the Whitecaps now a guaranteed 3 points when visiting

Philly @ Montreal 8pm - Piatti is back. Philly's defence has issues with wide attackers. What could go wrong? What I'm looking at this match? IF Philly is going to win the East, they need to start grinding out results away

Colorado @ San Jose 10pm - San Jose is now a machine nobody wants to play. Colorado is slow & reacts poorly. This could be a blowout What I'm looking at this match? Will the good time vibes in San Jose get people out to see a poor opponent

LA Galaxy @ Portland 10:30pm - LAG statement wins do not always mean continued success in the weeks that follow. Portland has not been a fortress in their revamped home. What I'm looking at this match? Does Zlatan play on carpet after last weeks exertions

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy crap that LA ATL match.

MLS must be in 7th heaven with the most attractive teams in LA and the NY rivalry strong.

I like the comparison between NY and LA right now. LA did it right. NY will struggle without the biggest name in the league playing for them.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Holy crap that LA ATL match.

MLS must be in 7th heaven with the most attractive teams in LA and the NY rivalry strong.

I like the comparison between NY and LA right now. LA did it right. NY will struggle without the biggest name in the league playing for them.
    Holy crap indeed! What a game, non-stop end to end attacking soccer, very much enjoyed watching. And I got to say the LAFC fans behind the one goal looked amazing, so much energy and it appeared every single person in there was so into it and having so much fun. It would be really great if we could get the entire south end at BMO to all sing in unison like that maintain it all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Holy crap indeed! What a game, non-stop end to end attacking soccer, very much enjoyed watching. And I got to say the LAFC fans behind the one goal looked amazing, so much energy and it appeared every single person in there was so into it and having so much fun. It would be really great if we could get the entire south end at BMO to all sing in unison like that maintain it all game.
    Lafc look very good. No way we can beat them now. Need Seba back then we can complete with them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Lafc look very good. No way we can beat them now. Need Seba back then we can complete with them
    He wouldn't make much difference. He'd probably make us worse as he would ruin our shape. We'd need another TAM winger and an upgrade at RB and reserve FW to at least compete with them.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see Tesho prevent the shutout and score for Orlando. NE looks a lot stronger now.

Not great seeing Houston stay shit after last week.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-29-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER