Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I figured that was the case with Marky. Thanks!
    Cheers! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Gonzalez was cramping up, after the last game, and they were monitoring him, going into this, whilst Delgado was, of all the players, the one Vanney described as most spent; I think that'd be a huge gamble, and you always want to avoid starting players you, guaranteed, have to sub out.

Had high hopes for Chapman, but I've not been a huge fan of his attitude, on the pitch (don't like to be too critical of what a player does in his/her spare time). I don't think Vanney trusts Chapman in what is fair to have called must-win games, and you really can't fault him, based on what we've seen; not ready to give up on Chapman, but he needs to get it together, and fast.

In fairness, Houston didn't want to reschedule, during our run last year, and that might have been a middle-finger to the league. That said, I think it's clear we put all our eggs into the Champions League basket, where we lost zero momentum, after that Houston match. My point was, when our starters aren't in the line-up, I can't see them too affected by a loss like this, as was proven last year.

All good points, but then Vanney should have managed Marky better. Every player in the field v Houston has contributed usefully to wins (save Mullins ). It was the combination that was obviously wrong as weaknesses were magnified rather than being offset by strengths. Anyway, I am belaboring this. Thanks for your perspective; it’s always informed, fair and supportive to the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    All good points, but then Vanney should have managed Marky better. Every player in the field v Houston has contributed usefully to wins (save Mullins ). It was the combination that was obviously wrong as weaknesses were magnified rather than being offset by strengths. Anyway, I am belaboring this. Thanks for your perspective; it’s always informed, fair and supportive to the club.
    'Preciate that, from you; would be remiss not to return the sentiment.

I, too, feel like there were one or two games earlier on I might have given, for instance, Fraiser time, over Delgado, which might have given Fraiser that bit more confidence/reps. and, as you say, maybe better preserved Delgado to slot in where you suggested.

I tend to agree, that subs and player rotation are probably not Vanney's strength, albeit, ironically enough, his tactical acumen sometimes helps him with the former; guess I just didn't feel like, this time 'round, it was that insane, all considering. Was just happy to see Fraiser back in the side, to be honest.