Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No separating Vanney from this one. Some squad rotation in a double game week is fine but you can't change the lineup wholesale and expect to see a team that's really clicking out there. Like, didn't Mavinga play 10 minutes last game? How was he not in here? Endoh starting again why exactly?

If Vanney ever goes back to Ciman - Zavaleta again he's a complete fool, it's a disaster every time and tonight was the worst yet. We're throwing the game putting them out there together. Lunacy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theses game threads when we lose feel vicious ... wow people have super high expectations.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a crazy thought. Vanney is pissed off with the general manager, did not want Mullins, Cimon and some of the other terrible players. So he put out a protest lineup to show the club how the general manager destroyed the depth of the team. He is trying to get rid of the general manager. I know crazy...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Here is a crazy thought. Vanney is pissed off with the general manager, did not want Mullins, Cimon and some of the other terrible players. So he put out a protest lineup to show the club how the general manager destroyed the depth of the team. He is trying to get rid of the general manager. I know crazy...
    I could believe this if Vanney didn't put out 'protest' lineups more often than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Theses game threads when we lose feel vicious ... wow people have super high expectations.
    Look back at some of the comments about Fraser. They are despicable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 07-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both teams are playing 3 games in 7 nights, it's a crap shoot.

We may have an entitlement problem as a fan base, I fear.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the criticism is legit though. Ciman and Zavs is inexplicable unless mavinga and Omar are hurt. And if Omar is hurt, why was he on the bench. And Fraser needs more quality around him to succeed. A team needs strength up the middle; the starting lineup was weakness up the middle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    “The problem was we didn’t come out with any energy.” - head coach Greg Vanney https://t.co/gTRD2spB2u
    The answer was quality. How on earth he figured this was the squad to roll out with ill never know. Lets start a lineup upfront with all starters out and has also never played together before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope everybody can see that TFC deliberately threw this game tonight.
    If you couldn't tell after the DC away game then this game is your definitive proof.

If the lineup choices tonight don't convince everybody about what I have been saying that both TFC and the league deliberately conspire to throw games onto another teams favour I don't know what it is going to take to convince you.
    The DC game it was the referees that threw the game on purpose tonight it was the lineup choices by TFC.

how can you say that the coach put out a lineup to win the game?
    you can't , he put out a lineup to not win the game

ask yourselves did the coach put out a lineup to win the game?
    if the answer is no that means he threw the game. Period!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I was going to say the same. Why switch up the whole team? Doesn’t make sense to me.
    it makes perfect sense if you do not want to win the game
    Last edited by stevep; 07-20-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    No separating Vanney from this one. Some squad rotation in a double game week is fine but you can't change the lineup wholesale and expect to see a team that's really clicking out there. Like, didn't Mavinga play 10 minutes last game? How was he not in here? Endoh starting again why exactly?

If Vanney ever goes back to Ciman - Zavaleta again he's a complete fool, it's a disaster every time and tonight was the worst yet. We're throwing the game putting them out there together. Lunacy.
    I was going to say the same. Why switch up the whole team? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    The answer was quality. How on earth he figured this was the squad to roll out with ill never know. Lets start a lineup upfront with all starters out and has also never played together before.
    hes not that stupid he knows exactly what he is doing

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't defend Vanney putting out this line up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's strange but not surprising how developing players are regressing under him.
    I feel his view of the game is a throw-back to Old MLS but with a modern twist.

Back in the day it was 20 blue collar, under-skilled guys + a few DP’s who scored the goals and made everything tick. Now there’s more contributors but the divide is the same: the domestic guys not on big contracts are here to support the stars, not try and score the goals and win the game. When the stars aren’t on the field or are marked out of the game everyone looks lost, not surprisingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    If Vanney was less arrogant, I'd suspect match fixing.

YES, YES, YES

finally people are starting to come around, it is match fixing

it is really hard to accept the reality that we are not in Kansas anymore
    Last edited by stevep; 07-20-2019 at 09:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t think it is entitlement to expect to beat a team at home who has such an abysmal record on the road and whose top goal scorer is suspended. Don’t think it is entitlement to expect a coach to be reasonable with his rotation, when we are just starting to build some momentum (even if a few folks had knocks). Don’t think it is entitlement to expect a coach to respond tactically when his team is getting soundly beaten on the field, and his initial strategy is not working, and not wait until it is too late. I don’t think it is entitlement to expect more than this from your coach and team. I am not expecting 2017 performance, but we can’t be throwing away points to teams that aren’t as good as us, when there are so many teams in the league who, to be frank, are better than us.

After two great games (and I was in Montreal), it was a bit depressing to be at BMO Field tonight and watch that.
    Last edited by GerMc; 07-20-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I won't defend Vanney putting out this line up.
    I always defended him in then past but he is done now. He has no credibility with me any more.
    I don't think he can come back in any sense of credibility after this game
    I was looking forward to this game for 3 days, I spent $200 tonight for this.
    #vanneyout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name me a few realistic coaches that are attainable for TFC to acquire to correct the team into a proper direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually I agree with you Ensco, but not here. A game like this should not be a crap shoot. It's a home game against a tired team - it should be a win.

This was completely down to the line-up. Vanney took Houston too lightly and they burned us. Zav and Ciman are both terrible, even moreso together.

If planned for properly this should have been a win, full stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Name me a few realistic coaches that are attainable for TFC to acquire to correct the team into a proper direction
    Rafa in a few months?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what to think. I get that this was a bad look. It was too much squad rotation. But was it malpractice, or just a bet gone wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what to think. I get that this was a bad look. It was too much squad rotation. But was it malpractice, or just a bet gone wrong?
    i think it's plain and simple really poor managing - yes rotate some players but not the complete spine of the team - at the very least leave a strong backline and especially the CBs - it was a stunningly poor decision imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    These posts are embarrassing. He created our goal. Give your head a shake.
    I'm a bit too harsh.. but tell me his rocket crosses that were going out of bounds, hot potato passing (maybe Vanney's fault?), giveaways or lazy backtracking (watch the second goal) didn't warrant annoyed reaction. And he was bent over wheezing after 20 minutes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said he isn't fit. I had my eyes glued to him the until the 3rd goal after all the hype. I know it's one game but...

I also posted that before his goal creating pass as I turned off the game after 3-0 as did probably half their viewers.

Maybe my posts are embarrassing in the heat of the moment... but the people who say he's ready to replace Bradley need to give their head a bigger shake. He's not ready, yet.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-20-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney’s decision to pass off a weak lineup against a team that looked hopelessly incapable of winning away was a gamble that shouldn’t have been made — every game like this is a trap game for TFC.

Some okay performances; play looked better with Jozy and Scuffleburp on, but the game was too disjointed to even judge some performances. Though he didn’t get much to work with, Mullins doesn’t look like much of an upgrade on anyone.

This defensive pairing should never see the pitch.

The team with a few exceptions lacked attacking bite for the majority of the game, and some players simply can’t play physical football.

It sucks that they had to throw this home game, but it’s really hard to figure out what the intention was going into this one. It was a performance not really worth evaluating...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as Vanney says ‘we’ instead of I as this one is on me , proves to me he doesn’t understand flow or team chemistry . He thinks so much of himself he can win with anyone out there . I’ll ask next season ticket reup, if I can delay payment for only the important games that Vanney decides we actually should field a team . Ridiculous as in the past how he decides to write off 3 points . No other coach who valued his job would be so arrogant .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defence without Gonzalez or Moore isn't good enough. The rest is all noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes done after this game
    who in they're right mind can defend him any longer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People on here need to look at how every other team in the league rotates its squad this heavily, if not more so, when playing 3 games in 7 days. Every single one of those players out there tonight to start has had decent games of late.

Our biggest issue remains that our defence is the second worst in the league, in my opinion. Without Moor or Gonzalez or Mavinga we will not win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a wasted match. This is the first time since TFC started as a team that I left the game at half time. With the payroll we have and the talent, there is no excuse for putting out that line up. I’m not going to comment on the players, as this has already been covered here....but I will say that I don’t want to see Zavs starting for us ever again. Ciman is still usable if he has good players around him. Good night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind, Zaveleta just played himself out of the starting roster, useful on the bench only in case of emergencies. I can't see how we could justify him and his salary next year. Tonight, I'm glad I watched the Fury win 4-0 instead.