Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    NYRB brings their hacking game out on the pitch (remember the 2017 Conference Semis?). We almost have the full squad and I like our attitude now. I just hope they don't let the Energy Drinks get under their collars.

3-1 win for the good guys.
    Nice call

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not only Morgan fighting for the goal that was so good, it was how our longer serving players reacted to him him scoring that shows why he belongs here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Nice call
    Haha thanks (and Canary10 as well). It’s not much a stretch to predict the Dirty Bulls hacking strategy.

I am digging the confidence of the team, although I was they were letting NYRB get too many chances.

Two wins in a row! Let’s keep it going!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The foul on Pozuelo (where he injured his ankle) was really nasty. I can't find the video right now, but man oh man.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The foul on Pozuelo (where he injured his ankle) was really nasty. I can't find the video right now, but man oh man.
    Typical NYRB fashion to try to take out our impact players like they always have in recent years. Pozuelo coming off due to that cheap shot then Vanney deciding it is a good idea to start getting defensive at that time to hold out for the win almost cost us the game. You can't invite pressure like that. NYRB coach saw that we did that and sent in Wright-Philips and Royer and I thought ah crap but luckily we held out for the win. Not the most convincing by any means in the second half but it doesn't matter how you get the win in this league you just need to get it. 2017 was a good example of that. It was never pretty but the boys found a way to get it done enough times to make the difference.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Tbh I think we were pretty outplayed, especially in the second half. The ball barely made it past half. But we held tight and love that Ashtone scored!
    This sport is remarkable. How many times have we dominated possession and couldn't score for the life of us. Then today we had much less possession and scored more. Quick transition against less players defending will usually produce better opportunities to score.

Refreshing to see the speed of the game increased today, some of it thanks to the nyrb press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Typical NYRB fashion to try to take out our impact players like they always have in recent years. Pozuelo coming off due to that cheap shot then Vanney deciding it is a good idea to start getting defensive at that time to hold out for the win almost cost us the game. You can't invite pressure like that. NYRB coach saw that we did that and sent in Wright-Philips and Royer and I thought ah crap but luckily we held out for the win. Not the most convincing by any means in the second half but it doesn't matter how you get the win in this league you just need to get it. 2017 was a good example of that. It was never pretty but the boys found a way to get it done enough times to make the difference.
    We were lucky, because he's not in shape yet, but I'm much afraid that will be not the case when we play them again in New Jersey, just 3 or 4 games from now.
    The guy is a scoring robot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wright Phillips is now a sub for a reason. He doesn't start for NYRB because he can't go 45 any more, let alone 60.

If we approach that game in Jersey like we did today, I think we have a decent chance of coming away with a result. Our problem wasn't our defenders (well except for 1 or 2 plays but Ciman is going to Ciman). Our midfield gave up a lot of balls in bad areas (which is what their press does) in the second half - in the 1st half, that didn't happen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One subtle change that Vanney did with Shaffelburg at the half was to have him move over more to the middle when it was time to receive passes as his marker had kept using his hight to block passes to the touch line. I suspect most fans didn't notice it but it changed the dynamic!

Unfortunately I didn't get to see how it could have played out because he was totally knackered and needed to be substituted fairly early in the second half. I expect to see some other careful changes the next time they meet up.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-18-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the thread, man... why are people so grumpy? We got 6 points in 4 nights here, taken from teams we are chasing ...

Jozy with both a beautiful goal, and a marvellous through ball to our man Ashtone Morgan, showing everyone he still has game - what a great hustle play by him!

Bradley had a mistake but actually was pretty good away from that. Both teams were pretty bad at the back, really, lots of defensive brain cramps both ways.

This was the epitome of a nice summer night. The rain held off. The turf was excellent.

That was a lot of fun.

With Jozy we can beat anybody in November.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-18-2019 at 06:45 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah, I don't fear the away games like a lot of teams seem to do. Yes, you'd prefer to be at home but apart from NER's turf, there is no away game in the East which might rattle our team. And I don't think these guys would be out of sorts in a Championship in LA or Portland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I think we were pretty outplayed, especially in the second half. The ball barely made it past half. But we held tight and love that Ashtone scored!
    “Late” game tactics from this team need work. We retreat to the bunker too quickly with the lead. Without a credible attack we’re just asking to get scored on.

Credit where it’s due, we had a few guys have great games. Westburg obviously but also Laryea, Jozy, and a few others.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-18-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Reading the thread, man... why are people so grumpy? We got 6 points in 4 nights here, taken from teams we are chasing ...

Jozy with both a beautiful goal, and a marvellous through ball to our man Ashtone Morgan, showing everyone he still has game - what a great hustle play by him!

Bradley had a mistake but actually was pretty good away from that. Both teams were pretty bad at the back, really, lots of defensive brain cramps both ways.

This was the epitome of a nice summer night. The rain held off. The turf was excellent.

That was a lot of fun.

I don’t think anyone is grumpy. It’s great to get a win out of a game like that. I think that’s the consensus.

The Pozuelo tackle happened right in front of me. I actually didn’t think there was anything to it, but need to see the replay. I don’t see NYRB as dirty per se, but they go in hard every time, that’s for sure. I always thought Parker was a bit of a dweeb (maybe because he played for Vancouver) but he goes in hard. He flattened Marky at least once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the replay. It was dirty. Don’t think Pozuelo is hurt though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the replay. It was dirty. Don’t think Pozuelo is hurt though.
    He was limping pretty badly after the game. That was a red card foul, intent to injure was evident. Watch it in slow motion, he could have broken his leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This sport is remarkable. How many times have we dominated possession and couldn't score for the life of us. Then today we had much less possession and scored more. Quick transition against less players defending will usually produce better opportunities to score.

Refreshing to see the speed of the game increased today, some of it thanks to the nyrb press.

NYRB easily the best team I've seen at BMO all season.
    wasn't really comfortable even up by two. when NYRB scored that goal thought for sure they were going to tie it
    Last edited by stevep; 07-18-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    He was limping pretty badly after the game. That was a red card foul, intent to injure was evident. Watch it in slow motion, he could have broken his leg.
    If it was serious would think he would’ve gone to the locker room immediately for treatment... I didn’t see though he could’ve been icing it. Definitely limped more then than when he was coming off the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you see the replay of the tackle? I can't find it anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Where did you see the replay of the tackle? I can't find it anywhere
    I happened to see it on Twitter this morning but haven’t seen it again. He caught the trailing leg from the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We played well enough to win, but most likely a different outcome with Bono in goal.

Our depth is starting to come through for us which is very encouraging moving forward.

I can't wait to see our best starting eleven together on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's not only Morgan fighting for the goal that was so good, it was how our longer serving players reacted to him him scoring that shows why he belongs here.
    how fitting with all our Morgan talk that he bags one
    never lets this man leave, he is part of the foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    We played well enough to win, but most likely a different outcome with Bono in goal.

Our depth is starting to come through for us which is very encouraging moving forward.

I can't wait to see our best starting eleven together on the pitch.
    PS westberg is 33! I thought he was late 20s. Great for him to find a starting role at that point in his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    If it was serious would think he would’ve gone to the locker room immediately for treatment... I didn’t see though he could’ve been icing it. Definitely limped more then than when he was coming off the field
    ciman saw it and instantly though it was bad news bears

Its at least a sprain, I dont expect him on the game sheet for saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I don't fear the away games like a lot of teams seem to do. Yes, you'd prefer to be at home but apart from NER's turf, there is no away game in the East which might rattle our team. And I don't think these guys would be out of sorts in a Championship in LA or Portland.
    we need better striker depth for that level

unless I see fraser (why isnt he back out there) and bradley out there pushing up poz closer to net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Morgan didnt hunker down though
    The goal was result of a breakdown during a formation change.
    Bradley probably should have not been as involved in the play. Communication fell apart with too many Red shirts around 2 guys, and he became offside.

I think the D could have handled that sequence on their own better and MB should have stayed closer to top of box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    unless I see fraser (why isnt he back out there) and bradley out there pushing up poz closer to net
    I was saying yesterday that Delgado looks like he is doing what he did in 2016 & 2017. Once threatened to lose his starting spot or after losing his starting spot, he always found another level and started playing great (minus the shooting on target). Yesterday was the most old days Delgado I've seen since 2017. If he keeps that up then it's Bradley or Fraser so Fraser may have to wait until next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar has been a huge addition so far. Calm, plays the ball out well and has a nice running stride! Looks to have finally plugged that gap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was saying yesterday that Delgado looks like he is doing what he did in 2016 & 2017. Once threatened to lose his starting spot or after losing his starting spot, he always found another level and started playing great (minus the shooting on target). Yesterday was the most old days Delgado I've seen since 2017. If he keeps that up then it's Bradley or Fraser so Fraser may have to wait until next year.
    when osorio starts im hoping the sequence will marky comes off in the 70th for fraser.

with that note, marky (the shaff and gallardo, and even endoh) might have put a nail in chapman's coffin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    with that note, marky (the shaff and gallardo, and even endoh) might have put a nail in chapman's coffin.
    I am thinking that too. Maybe he can do a Delgado and turn it on in Voyageurs Cup play.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty harsh on Delgado, but I thought he played well yesterday. Covered well defensively too. Laryea had a great game (apart from a couple of minor slip ups) and so did Endoh. The three of them were connecting really well in the first half to advance the ball.

One thing I completely missed was the reason for Endoh's card. Anyone?