Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I am pretty harsh on Delgado, but I thought he played well yesterday. Covered well defensively too. Laryea had a great game (apart from a couple of minor slip ups) and so did Endoh. The three of them were connecting really well in the first half to advance the ball.

One thing I completely missed was the reason for Endoh's card. Anyone?
    reddit says cuz hes wearing a bracelet lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Bradley played very well, the giveaway aside (and the guy came from his blindside - partly on Westberg too). He and Poz were brilliant in avoiding the high press. Good coaching there too. You could see that it was highly coordinated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the link to challenge on Poz. Not sure why this wasn't called. Typical Red Bulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    PS westberg is 33! I thought he was late 20s. Great for him to find a starting role at that point in his career
    He has really been a diamond in the rough for us. Some keepers can play at a high level well into their 30's. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I thought Bradley played very well, the giveaway aside (and the guy came from his blindside - partly on Westberg too). He and Poz were brilliant in avoiding the high press. Good coaching there too. You could see that it was highly coordinated.
    Regarding Bradley, I think the criticism stems from the fact that he is a DP earning an exorbitant salary relative to his ability.

He has been fairly solid overall for us this season, but there's no question he is starting to decline. I would like to keep him if he was willing to sign for TAM money beyond this season. A 3rd DP slot would be much more useful for us in the form of a world class winger next season.

If Bradley isn't willing to accept a paycut, we should be able to find an adequate replacement at a TAM level salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Regarding Bradley, I think the criticism stems from the fact that he is a DP earning an exorbitant salary relative to his ability.

He has been fairly solid overall for us this season, but there's no question he is starting to decline. I would like to keep him if he was willing to sign for TAM money beyond this season. A 3rd DP slot would be much more useful for us in the form of a world class winger next season.

If Bradley isn't willing to accept a paycut, we should be able to find an adequate replacement at a TAM level salary.
    we have fraser, im confident based on what i have seen in Fraser.
    its fraser depth that we'll neeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has really been a diamond in the rough for us. Some keepers can play at a high level well into their 30's. Fingers crossed.
    Hes playing with cat like reflexes and looks tiny at 6ft compared to Bono

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have fraser, im confident based on what i have seen in Fraser.
    its fraser depth that we'll neeed
    Agree 100%. I would like a battle hardened MLSer for this back up spot. Maybe in the re-entry draft if it still exists with new CBA. I don't like the idea of two young or new guys covering an important position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...beezer-feature

“There’s so much diversity here, but people living together in the best of ways. There’s this pride of being Canadian and living in Canada that I really like. I’m starting to feel a little Canadian and my kids also,”
    “I’m at peace with who I am and what I want to be as a person and a goalkeeper,” he said. “I just try to be fair and respectful, that’s kind of my motto with everyone.”

I think starting to have a man crush on Q

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes playing with cat like reflexes and looks tiny at 6ft compared to Bono
    I honestly hope Bono is paying attention and is working on his positioning and ball distribution... fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I honestly hope Bono is paying attention and is working on his positioning and ball distribution... fingers crossed.
    I can't recall the last game that Bono has played. I have a feeling his days are numbered here and may be trade bait at the end of the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I can't recall the last game that Bono has played. I have a feeling his days are numbered here and may be trade bait at the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, loving Westberg, he's been brilliant. Would be great if he became a mentor in the process to Bono, like Irwin was supposed to be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always good to have two people pushing for a position and Bono is not overpaid to the degree that irwin was.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's always good to have two people pushing for a position and Bono is not overpaid to the degree that irwin was.
    $350K base is pretty high for a starter much less a back up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I didn't realize it had gotten that high. Hmmm.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah Irwin was on just over half of what Bono was on and played the same role Bono is now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the link to challenge on Poz. Not sure why this wasn't called. Typical Red Bulls.

Wow, I thought Petrescu had handed out a yellow card for that, after the injury delay. But I just checked the stats on the MLS website, no card handed out around the 60th minute. I think a foul was called though; game restarted with a freekick. But should have been a yellow at least. That's a potential season-ending tackle, the way the leg & ankle bend while under load.

This was a type of "persistent infringement" by multiple NYRB players throughout the game, which is very dangerous in a cumulative sense. I.e. high risk of serious injury to an opponent over the course of the game. Many of these tackles, on their own, weren't that vicious, or at least not obviously deliberate. But it's clear the NYRB coach has given them the mandate to high-press aggressively all over the pitch, w/o worrying about fouls or injuries. Often their players aren't quick enough to do that well, and end up coming in late & fouling. And I felt like once one of their players got a yellow, another player would start being more aggressive instead.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bono thread coming soon.

We're a little light on keepers tho from the Toonies.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see it that way at all. i'd like Fraser's path to be unblocked, but Bradley is still a top player - starting in key games and performing well for USMNT - and us. Dont forget the two goals he scored early doors this year when we needed someone to step up. Fraser is no where near his level yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be supplemental discipline. It just has to be.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This has to be supplemental discipline. It just has to be.
    It should be or let Jozy stack himself up another fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see it that way at all. i'd like Fraser's path to be unblocked, but Bradley is still a top player - starting in key games and performing well for USMNT - and us. Dont forget the two goals he scored early doors this year when we needed someone to step up. Fraser is no where near his level yet.
    Fraser on homegrown wages already provides better value than a soon to be declining Bradley on $4.5 million plus DP slot. Not a knock on him, he was our best player on both MLS Cup Finals appearances.

People who think Bradley is overrated are the same people who thinks no defensive player is ever worth a DP slot. In all fairness, it’s a valid argument. We’re never going to get a de Ligt or a VVD in their prime at MLS, even if we use a DP slot to pay them astronomical wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Fraser on homegrown wages already provides better value than a soon to be declining Bradley on $4.5 million plus DP slot. Not a knock on him, he was our best player on both MLS Cup Finals appearances.

People who think Bradley is overrated are the same people who thinks no defensive player is ever worth a DP slot. In all fairness, it’s a valid argument. We’re never going to get a de Ligt or a VVD in their prime at MLS, even if we use a DP slot to pay them astronomical wages.
    It’s a critical position controlling and running the game. Strength up the middle. You don’t throw that away. Same way you don’t throw away goals. We did that and have struggled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Bradley making games less stressful. Fraser, okay.... but that doesn't solve the problem. (To be honest I didn't notice a problem.)

I have yet to see him decline at any rate that makes me worry. I just see his age mentioned. We need him.

But what do I know. Meh.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-18-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Bradley making games less stressful. Fraser, okay.... but that doesn't solve the problem. (To be honest I didn't notice a problem.)

I have yet to see him decline at any rate that makes me worry. I just see his age mentioned. We need him.

But what do I know. Meh.
    Im with you. Manning broadly hinted that he was gone unless he signs a TAM deal. I don’t trust Manning’s judgment on this stuff given he was admittedly taken by surprise by VV and Seba, and that we still haven’t replaced Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im with you. Manning broadly hinted that he was gone unless he signs a TAM deal. I don’t trust Manning’s judgment on this stuff given he was admittedly taken by surprise by VV and Seba, and that we still haven’t replaced Seba.
    Yup.

So let's get rid of Bradley and hope Fraser can fill his boots. (He can't. Not just yet, at all.)

Manning terrifies me. Ahhh it's kinda starting to feel like the good old days.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-20-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post

But what do I know. Meh.
    I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. Perhaps he can get that type of money in China or Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. Perhaps he can get that type of money in China or Saudi Arabia.
    This!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. .

Minnesota, Nashville, Chicago, Columbus, Cinci, DCU, Colorado, SKC, RSL, Orlando - off the top of my head - probably more. Wouldn't pay him 6.5 but would pay him more then we would on TAM.