Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 151 to 179 of 179
  1. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I am pretty harsh on Delgado, but I thought he played well yesterday. Covered well defensively too. Laryea had a great game (apart from a couple of minor slip ups) and so did Endoh. The three of them were connecting really well in the first half to advance the ball.

    One thing I completely missed was the reason for Endoh's card. Anyone?
    reddit says cuz hes wearing a bracelet lol

  2. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought Bradley played very well, the giveaway aside (and the guy came from his blindside - partly on Westberg too). He and Poz were brilliant in avoiding the high press. Good coaching there too. You could see that it was highly coordinated.

  3. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's the link to challenge on Poz. Not sure why this wasn't called. Typical Red Bulls.


  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    PS westberg is 33! I thought he was late 20s. Great for him to find a starting role at that point in his career
    He has really been a diamond in the rough for us. Some keepers can play at a high level well into their 30's. Fingers crossed.

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I thought Bradley played very well, the giveaway aside (and the guy came from his blindside - partly on Westberg too). He and Poz were brilliant in avoiding the high press. Good coaching there too. You could see that it was highly coordinated.
    Regarding Bradley, I think the criticism stems from the fact that he is a DP earning an exorbitant salary relative to his ability.

    He has been fairly solid overall for us this season, but there's no question he is starting to decline. I would like to keep him if he was willing to sign for TAM money beyond this season. A 3rd DP slot would be much more useful for us in the form of a world class winger next season.

    If Bradley isn't willing to accept a paycut, we should be able to find an adequate replacement at a TAM level salary.

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Regarding Bradley, I think the criticism stems from the fact that he is a DP earning an exorbitant salary relative to his ability.

    He has been fairly solid overall for us this season, but there's no question he is starting to decline. I would like to keep him if he was willing to sign for TAM money beyond this season. A 3rd DP slot would be much more useful for us in the form of a world class winger next season.

    If Bradley isn't willing to accept a paycut, we should be able to find an adequate replacement at a TAM level salary.
    we have fraser, im confident based on what i have seen in Fraser.
    its fraser depth that we'll neeed

  7. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    He has really been a diamond in the rough for us. Some keepers can play at a high level well into their 30's. Fingers crossed.
    Hes playing with cat like reflexes and looks tiny at 6ft compared to Bono

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    we have fraser, im confident based on what i have seen in Fraser.
    its fraser depth that we'll neeed
    Agree 100%. I would like a battle hardened MLSer for this back up spot. Maybe in the re-entry draft if it still exists with new CBA. I don't like the idea of two young or new guys covering an important position.

  9. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    He has really been a diamond in the rough for us. Some keepers can play at a high level well into their 30's. Fingers crossed.
    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...beezer-feature

    “There’s so much diversity here, but people living together in the best of ways. There’s this pride of being Canadian and living in Canada that I really like. I’m starting to feel a little Canadian and my kids also,”
    “I’m at peace with who I am and what I want to be as a person and a goalkeeper,” he said. “I just try to be fair and respectful, that’s kind of my motto with everyone.”


    I think starting to have a man crush on Q

  10. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Hes playing with cat like reflexes and looks tiny at 6ft compared to Bono
    I honestly hope Bono is paying attention and is working on his positioning and ball distribution... fingers crossed.

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I honestly hope Bono is paying attention and is working on his positioning and ball distribution... fingers crossed.
    I can't recall the last game that Bono has played. I have a feeling his days are numbered here and may be trade bait at the end of the season.

  12. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I can't recall the last game that Bono has played. I have a feeling his days are numbered here and may be trade bait at the end of the season.

    Don't get me wrong, loving Westberg, he's been brilliant. Would be great if he became a mentor in the process to Bono, like Irwin was supposed to be.

  13. #163
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I can't recall the last game that Bono has played. I have a feeling his days are numbered here and may be trade bait at the end of the season.
    It's always good to have two people pushing for a position and Bono is not overpaid to the degree that irwin was.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  14. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's always good to have two people pushing for a position and Bono is not overpaid to the degree that irwin was.
    $350K base is pretty high for a starter much less a back up.

  15. #165
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    $350K base is pretty high for a starter much less a back up.
    I didn't realize it had gotten that high. Hmmm.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  16. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    $350K base is pretty high for a starter much less a back up.
    Yeah Irwin was on just over half of what Bono was on and played the same role Bono is now.

  17. #167
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Here's the link to challenge on Poz. Not sure why this wasn't called. Typical Red Bulls.

    Wow, I thought Petrescu had handed out a yellow card for that, after the injury delay. But I just checked the stats on the MLS website, no card handed out around the 60th minute. I think a foul was called though; game restarted with a freekick. But should have been a yellow at least. That's a potential season-ending tackle, the way the leg & ankle bend while under load.

    This was a type of "persistent infringement" by multiple NYRB players throughout the game, which is very dangerous in a cumulative sense. I.e. high risk of serious injury to an opponent over the course of the game. Many of these tackles, on their own, weren't that vicious, or at least not obviously deliberate. But it's clear the NYRB coach has given them the mandate to high-press aggressively all over the pitch, w/o worrying about fouls or injuries. Often their players aren't quick enough to do that well, and end up coming in late & fouling. And I felt like once one of their players got a yellow, another player would start being more aggressive instead.

  18. #168
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,862
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Bono thread coming soon.

    We're a little light on keepers tho from the Toonies.
    Nations League at BMO! Canada vs Cuba Sept 7th! Canada vs USA Oct 15th!
    Get tix in 112
    HERE

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  19. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Regarding Bradley, I think the criticism stems from the fact that he is a DP earning an exorbitant salary relative to his ability.

    He has been fairly solid overall for us this season, but there's no question he is starting to decline. I would like to keep him if he was willing to sign for TAM money beyond this season. A 3rd DP slot would be much more useful for us in the form of a world class winger next season.

    If Bradley isn't willing to accept a paycut, we should be able to find an adequate replacement at a TAM level salary.
    I don't see it that way at all. i'd like Fraser's path to be unblocked, but Bradley is still a top player - starting in key games and performing well for USMNT - and us. Dont forget the two goals he scored early doors this year when we needed someone to step up. Fraser is no where near his level yet.

  20. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,150
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Here's the link to challenge on Poz. Not sure why this wasn't called. Typical Red Bulls.

    This has to be supplemental discipline. It just has to be.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  21. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This has to be supplemental discipline. It just has to be.
    It should be or let Jozy stack himself up another fine.

  22. #172
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. i'd like Fraser's path to be unblocked, but Bradley is still a top player - starting in key games and performing well for USMNT - and us. Dont forget the two goals he scored early doors this year when we needed someone to step up. Fraser is no where near his level yet.
    Fraser on homegrown wages already provides better value than a soon to be declining Bradley on $4.5 million plus DP slot. Not a knock on him, he was our best player on both MLS Cup Finals appearances.

    People who think Bradley is overrated are the same people who thinks no defensive player is ever worth a DP slot. In all fairness, it’s a valid argument. We’re never going to get a de Ligt or a VVD in their prime at MLS, even if we use a DP slot to pay them astronomical wages.

  23. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Fraser on homegrown wages already provides better value than a soon to be declining Bradley on $4.5 million plus DP slot. Not a knock on him, he was our best player on both MLS Cup Finals appearances.

    People who think Bradley is overrated are the same people who thinks no defensive player is ever worth a DP slot. In all fairness, it’s a valid argument. We’re never going to get a de Ligt or a VVD in their prime at MLS, even if we use a DP slot to pay them astronomical wages.
    It’s a critical position controlling and running the game. Strength up the middle. You don’t throw that away. Same way you don’t throw away goals. We did that and have struggled.

  24. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Bradley making games less stressful. Fraser, okay.... but that doesn't solve the problem. (To be honest I didn't notice a problem.)

    I have yet to see him decline at any rate that makes me worry. I just see his age mentioned. We need him.

    But what do I know. Meh.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-18-2019 at 11:43 PM.

  25. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Bradley making games less stressful. Fraser, okay.... but that doesn't solve the problem. (To be honest I didn't notice a problem.)

    I have yet to see him decline at any rate that makes me worry. I just see his age mentioned. We need him.

    But what do I know. Meh.
    Im with you. Manning broadly hinted that he was gone unless he signs a TAM deal. I don’t trust Manning’s judgment on this stuff given he was admittedly taken by surprise by VV and Seba, and that we still haven’t replaced Seba.

  26. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Im with you. Manning broadly hinted that he was gone unless he signs a TAM deal. I don’t trust Manning’s judgment on this stuff given he was admittedly taken by surprise by VV and Seba, and that we still haven’t replaced Seba.
    Yup.

    So let's get rid of Bradley and hope Fraser can fill his boots. (He can't. Not just yet, at all.)

    Manning terrifies me. Ahhh it's kinda starting to feel like the good old days.
    Last edited by Brooker; Yesterday at 08:31 AM.

  27. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Bradley making games less stressful. Fraser, okay.... but that doesn't solve the problem. (To be honest I didn't notice a problem.)

    I have yet to see him decline at any rate that makes me worry. I just see his age mentioned. We need him.

    But what do I know. Meh.
    I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. Perhaps he can get that type of money in China or Saudi Arabia.

  28. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. Perhaps he can get that type of money in China or Saudi Arabia.
    This!

  29. #179
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I would like to keep him, but as a DP? I'm not sure any other club in MLS would use a DP slot on him at this stage of his career. .

    Minnesota, Nashville, Chicago, Columbus, Cinci, DCU, Colorado, SKC, RSL, Orlando - off the top of my head - probably more. Wouldn't pay him 6.5 but would pay him more then we would on TAM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •