Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 181 to 210 of 210
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Auro is actually incredibly weak in the position we hired him for and one of the reasons our defense has issues. He’s also frequently injured.

    We didn’t “basically get” Omar because of the Hagglund trade. I don’t know why people keep repeating this. He’s on a TAM salary and we got him for the same reason we have Bradley and Jozy; just because a team has allocation spots doesn’t need mean a player is automatically required to go to the team with the spot, and all MLS rules are subject to being completely bypassed whenever they head office feels like it.

    We didn’t let Janson go. His salary and transfer fee at the time would have made it impossible to fit him into the team. They also were evidently trying to replace him, including trying to bring him back. They just didn’t succeed.

    The rest is fine.
    I dont get the Auro hate, I guess you guys listen to Caldwell a little too much. Hes a solid player for MLS, young and actually has some ability to pass.

    You guys haven’t noticed when Moor screws up Caldwell barely puts any blame on him but if Auro is .5 cm too far off an attacker he blames him for the goal?

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    676
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    stay home!!
    If you can go down to BMO and watch a game with that kind of referring all the power to you.

    I simply can't deal with it.
    You must have a lot more patience than I do.

    It annoys me so much for so many reasons.
    It destroys the event
    Last edited by stevep; 06-08-2019 at 10:17 AM.

  3. #183
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,928
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    If you can go down to BMO and watch a game with that kind of referring all the power to you.

    I simply can't deal with it.
    You must have a lot more patience than I do.

    It annoys me so much for so many reasons.
    It destroys the event
    You did not stay home because of referring.

    This is a place to be specific about your annoyances instead of

    Not being able to resell your superfan tickets
    Blaming the midtable team not being top of the table
    Blaming the league
    Then blaming the refs after a bad game

    I'm glad you enjoyed the winning when we were winning (i guess)
    Nations League at BMO! Canada vs USA Oct 15th!
    Get tix in 112
    HERE

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Fraser is still on the team Hes a huge part of the future.

    Auro has been an ok pickup.
    Westburg has been better than I thought
    Ciman is playing well now
    Letting Hagglund go and basically getting Omar for him was a great deal
    Laryea was a good bargain pickup
    Pozuelo obviously has been good

    The problem has been they let Janson go and didn’t replace him.
    I meant Telfer. Brain cramp.

  5. #185
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,928
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I dont get the Auro hate, I guess you guys listen to Caldwell a little too much. Hes a solid player for MLS, young and actually has some ability to pass.

    You guys haven’t noticed when Moor screws up Caldwell barely puts any blame on him but if Auro is .5 cm too far off an attacker he blames him for the goal?
    Barely, but Caldwell does call out Moor. He just predictably is less inclined to focus on his shortcomings as long.He feels for him and relates to him. Once Caldwell is calling matches with no players he's played with or against it will eliminate that bit of bias.

    But everybody is gonna have some bias.
    Nations League at BMO! Canada vs USA Oct 15th!
    Get tix in 112
    HERE

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I dont get the Auro hate, I guess you guys listen to Caldwell a little too much. Hes a solid player for MLS, young and actually has some ability to pass.

    You guys havenít noticed when Moor screws up Caldwell barely puts any blame on him but if Auro is .5 cm too far off an attacker he blames him for the goal?
    I donít hate Auro ó no need for hyperbole. Heís just poor on defense and frequently injured. I donít think heís that impressive. Did you forget he was the backup to an RB others on the board say was as bad a pickup as Boyd?

    I did call out Moor as well. Heís made a ton of mistakes and I think itís probably his last season.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with the VAR call that lead to the second penalty. Although i thought the call was for westberg, and not delon. I have no way of going back to watch it on any reply, so i'm going by what i saw in real time.
    TFC issues on today's game have been here since day 1 of this season, so a little funny about the commentator saying he had to take the train and go through a tunnel, and yada yada.
    As a fan of the game of soccer, it was still good soccer being played overall. Yes the ref was subpar, but that is what makes soccer, soccer. Sometimes you can get away with calls, that should have been made, and sometimes you get calls that shouldn't have been made. This is literally in all leagues around the world.
    TFC attendance record was pretty good yesterday, 24k fans.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We got Hagglund for the number one spot in the allocation order and a whack of Garber bucks. Those were used to acquire Gonzalez (sure they could have been used to acquire someone else, but they weren't).

    The link is pretty obvious actually.

    Bradley bypassing the allocation order (iirc Jozy actually came through correctly) is a scandal of sorts, but has not much to do with this. That just goes in the bucket of various (mostltly Galaxy related) MLS office offences. They are really pretty rare.
    Maybe youíre just being contrarian, but you can literally just buy allocation spots and there are probably a boatload of teams who donít want a TAM defender and would just pass.

    We had the top allocation spot twice since last year; we brought in Ciman by trading a #2 allocation spot and a worthless draft pick (aka nothing). LA picked up the other Gonzalez from a second position they traded for Garberbux.

    Omar:Hagglund isnít some sort of 1:1 trade like people are making it out to be. The Hagglund trade was great business, but saying that it got us OG is a bit of a stretch. If we wanted OG we would have got him regardless. MLS isnít a league of ďgazumps.Ē

    Saying itís rare that MLS applies or doesnít apply rules doesnít really matter, because it happens anyway.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Maybe you’re just being contrarian, but you can literally just buy allocation spots and there are probably a boatload of teams who don’t want a TAM defender and would just pass.

    We had the top allocation spot twice since last year; we brought in Ciman by trading a #2 allocation spot and a worthless draft pick (aka nothing). LA picked up the other Gonzalez from a second position they traded for Garberbux.

    Omar:Hagglund isn’t some sort of 1:1 trade like people are making it out to be. The Hagglund trade was great business, but saying that it got us OG is a bit of a stretch. If we wanted OG we would have got him regardless. MLS isn’t a league of “gazumps.”

    Saying it’s rare that MLS applies or doesn’t apply rules doesn’t really matter, because it happens anyway.
    They got TAM and GAM for Hagglund which helps them sign a TAM player, there’s a correlation for sure. We aren’t saying its a 1 for 1 trade but it sure as hell helped.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I donít hate Auro ó no need for hyperbole. Heís just poor on defense and frequently injured. I donít think heís that impressive. Did you forget he was the backup to an RB others on the board say was as bad a pickup as Boyd?

    I did call out Moor as well. Heís made a ton of mistakes and I think itís probably his last season.
    Auro is an okay winger, a very poor defender. He doesn't mark tight in the box, he tracks back too slowly.

    I've always perceived a bias on Vanney's part against players who didn't have a certain mindset, including most of the Canadians. When Hamilton scored and it cut to him, there was this little lower lip thing he did that made me think his immediate, in-the-second reaction was 'fuck me', not, 'yes!'

    Whether or not people agree with my sense that there is in-fighting between him and Curtis over his roster approach, I think it's only common sense that if he wanted Telfer here this season, he'd be here, because we're short wingers.

    The GM isn't going to be sending out a player the coach wants, regardless of their relationship.

    Then when he makes a fantastic play, recognizing the space, he gets "he's athletic" as a comment from his manager.

    Equally, before Curtis came in, we CUT Hamilton. That had to be on Vanney's request, because once we had a new GM, we resigned him and gave him another shot.

    He has four goals, but is still having trouble beating out Boyd for a start.

    So, the timing suggests we have a manager who has some tactical understanding, but I suspect cannot read potential or how to use players that don't fit his personality mold. So far, that has mostly been Canadians.

    Perhaps Vanney perceives them as not aggressive enough, because we're a more socially reserved people than the average type-a u.s. athlete, for the most part. He might even be right in some respects, if that's the case.

    But the timing regarding both players, and their treatment, suggests he doesn't want them.

    So maybe he is the problem. He can't work with headcases, or players who are more reserved, or more thoughtful. It's been a common complaint about U.S. baseball and football managers and coaches for years, in all sorts of sports literature by all sorts of athletes.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They got TAM and GAM for Hagglund which helps them sign a TAM player, thereís a correlation for sure. We arenít saying its a 1 for 1 trade but it sure as hell helped.
    We already had TAM, acquiring allocation spots in exchange for very little is possible, and we made no signings last window. We could have always got Gonzalez whether or not we traded Hagglund, so the ďtrading Hagglund for GonzalezĒ thing is still a stretch.

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is no one else absolutely disgusted with the refereeing last night? It was enough to make you quit watching soccer. How in the hell do you give a free goal (penalty shot) for a player who got touched (not at all fouled) outside the box while being offside. This was 4 minutes later the referee going back and saying ďI made a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS error this was a stone cold penalty shot I canít believe I missed drew moor actually throw this player to the floorĒ. Thatís what var is for not overturning 50/50 calls or should I say 1/99 calls and giving a free goal. Second var was a debatable penalty but yet again it wasnít called so why give it. There was no CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR, it was a bang bang play.

    Then of course we have those half pk shouts which admittedly shouldnít be called but this fuckin guy has the balls to not give us one after giving the other team 2 free goals. Just embarrassing var is making soccer unwatchable. Canít even celebrate Hamiltonís goal cuz the dumb ass ref is trying to figure out a way to make that play offside

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Is no one else absolutely disgusted with the refereeing last night? It was enough to make you quit watching soccer. How in the hell do you give a free goal (penalty shot) for a player who got touched (not at all fouled) outside the box while being offside. This was 4 minutes later the referee going back and saying “I made a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS error this was a stone cold penalty shot I can’t believe I missed drew moor actually throw this player to the floor”. That’s what var is for not overturning 50/50 calls or should I say 1/99 calls and giving a free goal. Second var was a debatable penalty but yet again it wasn’t called so why give it. There was no CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR, it was a bang bang play.

    Then of course we have those half pk shouts which admittedly shouldn’t be called but this fuckin guy has the balls to not give us one after giving the other team 2 free goals. Just embarrassing var is making soccer unwatchable. Can’t even celebrate Hamilton’s goal cuz the dumb ass ref is trying to figure out a way to make that play offside
    Honestly, thought they were both penalties soft as they might have seemed. Sometimes you can blame the refs, but this was just a case of us being poor yet again imo.

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Honestly, thought they were both penalties soft as they might have seemed. Sometimes you can blame the refs, but this was just a case of us being poor yet again imo.
    Given how MLS is referees, the first isnít a foul. There are hands on our strikers all the time - the referees happily let players wrestle Jozy and Boyd, game after game. And even if they didnít, the guy was falling before the hand - very harsh to call that a foul.

    The second could have been given. But wasnít. Not clear and obvious to me that it should have been, because westberg got the ball. More importantly, it was t clear and obvious to the referee.

    More importantly, I thought we played well. We had penetrating runs and ball movement. They attacked our lack of pace at CB but didnít really expose us that badly. Given he lineup, I was pleasantly surprised.

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For the original penalty, the ref thought it was outside the box, and felt it warranted a free kick. As yes, it was a soft call. but still a valid call.
    once he already blew the whistle and it was deemed it was in the box, the penalty had to be taken. Can't take back a blown whistle.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Auro is an okay winger, a very poor defender. He doesn't mark tight in the box, he tracks back too slowly.

    I've always perceived a bias on Vanney's part against players who didn't have a certain mindset, including most of the Canadians. When Hamilton scored and it cut to him, there was this little lower lip thing he did that made me think his immediate, in-the-second reaction was 'fuck me', not, 'yes!'

    Whether or not people agree with my sense that there is in-fighting between him and Curtis over his roster approach, I think it's only common sense that if he wanted Telfer here this season, he'd be here, because we're short wingers.

    The GM isn't going to be sending out a player the coach wants, regardless of their relationship.

    Then when he makes a fantastic play, recognizing the space, he gets "he's athletic" as a comment from his manager.

    Equally, before Curtis came in, we CUT Hamilton. That had to be on Vanney's request, because once we had a new GM, we resigned him and gave him another shot.

    He has four goals, but is still having trouble beating out Boyd for a start.

    So, the timing suggests we have a manager who has some tactical understanding, but I suspect cannot read potential or how to use players that don't fit his personality mold. So far, that has mostly been Canadians.

    Perhaps Vanney perceives them as not aggressive enough, because we're a more socially reserved people than the average type-a u.s. athlete, for the most part. He might even be right in some respects, if that's the case.

    But the timing regarding both players, and their treatment, suggests he doesn't want them.

    So maybe he is the problem. He can't work with headcases, or players who are more reserved, or more thoughtful. It's been a common complaint about U.S. baseball and football managers and coaches for years, in all sorts of sports literature by all sorts of athletes.
    I think you are on to something about personality types and cultural competency. Telfer and Hamilton are both straight up and quite.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    676
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=michaeltfc91;1901142]Is no one else absolutely disgusted with the refereeing last night? It was enough to make you quit watching soccer.


    Evidently not based on some of the inane comments I have received.

  18. #198
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    When Hamilton scored and it cut to him, there was this little lower lip thing he did that made me think his immediate, in-the-second reaction was 'fuck me', not, 'yes!'

    I'm going to suggest being careful trying to read expressions of someone like Vanney and building a whole narrative based on that. Vanney is like a poker player and does not show his emotions much.

    I'd go by the actual facts which shows that he has given Hamilton lots of time this season. I think we're all learning that Hamilton's best performance is off the bench and not as a starter.

    I wouldn't say he doesn't rate Telfer, it's just that Telfer needs more playing experience. Plus he even let Telfer go to York9, which wasn't the preferred loan, just to make him happy. That looks to me like he feels that he has potential.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Auro is an okay winger, a very poor defender. He doesn't mark tight in the box, he tracks back too slowly.

    I've always perceived a bias on Vanney's part against players who didn't have a certain mindset, including most of the Canadians. When Hamilton scored and it cut to him, there was this little lower lip thing he did that made me think his immediate, in-the-second reaction was 'fuck me', not, 'yes!'

    Whether or not people agree with my sense that there is in-fighting between him and Curtis over his roster approach, I think it's only common sense that if he wanted Telfer here this season, he'd be here, because we're short wingers.

    The GM isn't going to be sending out a player the coach wants, regardless of their relationship.

    Then when he makes a fantastic play, recognizing the space, he gets "he's athletic" as a comment from his manager.

    Equally, before Curtis came in, we CUT Hamilton. That had to be on Vanney's request, because once we had a new GM, we resigned him and gave him another shot.

    He has four goals, but is still having trouble beating out Boyd for a start.

    So, the timing suggests we have a manager who has some tactical understanding, but I suspect cannot read potential or how to use players that don't fit his personality mold. So far, that has mostly been Canadians.

    Perhaps Vanney perceives them as not aggressive enough, because we're a more socially reserved people than the average type-a u.s. athlete, for the most part. He might even be right in some respects, if that's the case.

    But the timing regarding both players, and their treatment, suggests he doesn't want them.

    So maybe he is the problem. He can't work with headcases, or players who are more reserved, or more thoughtful. It's been a common complaint about U.S. baseball and football managers and coaches for years, in all sorts of sports literature by all sorts of athletes.
    While thereís probably something on the Canadian side too.... In general, iíd say the way Vanney sets up tactically really doesnít leave much room for young players to develop.

    Itís either you fit in as a spare part to his pre-set system in hit the road.

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    While thereís probably something on the Canadian side too.... In general, iíd say the way Vanney sets up tactically really doesnít leave much room for young players to develop.

    Itís either you fit in as a spare part to his pre-set system in hit the road.
    This might be the case, and most of our youth are Canadian, so it looks like they're being singled out.

    Oldtimer, I don't doubt it could just be perception. I'm just playing hypotheticals based on the fact that, whether he's played him or not, he didn't want him back. That we know. We can't, however, judge whether he's getting time because Vanney wants to play him, or whether the GM who is noted for favoring youth development is telling him he's wrong, and to play the Canadian kids.

    In the latter, either is possible. In the former, it was either Vanney or Bez who cut Hamilton, and I doubt the latter, given his age and citizenship. Curtis wasn't in the picture yet.

  21. #201
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I dont get the Auro hate, I guess you guys listen to Caldwell a little too much. Hes a solid player for MLS, young and actually has some ability to pass.

    ..
    Nah, I've been saying this for most of the season & did so last season to.

    He takes passes - he sits on the ball and waits for a defender to commit. 80% of the time he just slows down that side attack to a crawl.

    As for defending, he's a winger.

    ***********

    Hamilton has 4 goals this season - if he doubles that, he is getting more then a lot of strikers who start.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-08-2019 at 04:24 PM.

  22. #202
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh and a little tidbit about that second PK call.

    There is a twitter account for PRO that announces the results of VAR decisions.

    They came out and said the second was a PK a full 30 seconds before the ref made the call.

    i.e. I'm pretty darn sure the VAR was persuading the ref to make that call.

    That's NOT how this is supposed to go.

  23. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh and a little tidbit about that second PK call.

    There is a twitter account for PRO that announces the results of VAR decisions.

    They came out and said the second was a PK a full 30 seconds before the ref made the call.

    i.e. I'm pretty darn sure the VAR was persuading the ref to make that call.

    That's NOT how this is supposed to go.
    Yeah, thatís an incorrect implementation of VAR.

  24. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah, I've been saying this for most of the season & did so last season to.

    He takes passes - he sits on the ball and waits for a defender to commit. 80% of the time he just slows down that side attack to a crawl.

    As for defending, he's a winger.

    ***********

    Hamilton has 4 goals this season - if he doubles that, he is getting more then a lot of strikers who start.
    When Auro and Deleon were both healthy in a 4-2-3-1 they were combining well on the attack far better than the left side.

  25. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FWIW the stadium was extremely empty at the beginning in part because the Lakeshore West trains were buggered. Signal problems apparently. I took the streetcar from Union but the trains were a mess.

  26. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah, I've been saying this for most of the season & did so last season to.

    He takes passes - he sits on the ball and waits for a defender to commit. 80% of the time he just slows down that side attack to a crawl.

    As for defending, he's a winger.

    ***********

    Hamilton has 4 goals this season - if he doubles that, he is getting more then a lot of strikers who start.
    5 if you include CCL. 5 in 12 games, a few of which aren't even starts, is a really good clip. He could be the back-up we need but I still think he needs to be playing week in week out to reach that level, and I think it's obvious that Vanney isn't going to do that for him.

  27. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was really impressed with Fraser's passing. He collects the ball then quickly shuffles his feet to deliver a 30 yard pass to bypass the defensive midfield to quickly attack. Its the opposite of Bradley who is constantly dribbling around going side to side then finally trying a long diagonal when the defense is set.

    Hopefully when Bradley returns he replaces Delgado as the Box to Box midfielder leaving Fraser as the deep play maker.

  28. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Was really impressed with Fraser's passing. He collects the ball then quickly shuffles his feet to deliver a 30 yard pass to bypass the defensive midfield to quickly attack. Its the opposite of Bradley who is constantly dribbling around going side to side then finally trying a long diagonal when the defense is set.

    Hopefully when Bradley returns he replaces Delgado as the Box to Box midfielder leaving Fraser as the deep play maker.
    Fraser was okay but made a ton of mistakes too. Heís still too inexperienced.

    For the passes he delivered he also sent some directly to the opposition starting counter attacks (though he did hustle to retrieve them ó usually not winning anything back).

  29. #209
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,928
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Is no one else absolutely disgusted with the refereeing last night?
    It was some poor refereeing. Agreed.

    I'll keep watching, though.
    Nations League at BMO! Canada vs USA Oct 15th!
    Get tix in 112
    HERE

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  30. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought Frazer was excellent both this game and the Vancouver game.
    We played well, just unlucky on the VAR decisions.
    VAR seems to have the same problems everywhere.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •