Not even close "in my opinion."
    You've gotta be kidding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 TFC looking really good.

Not been OK with that ref for about a year now. Too slow & overturns in VAR too much.

Fraser had a good game. I'd like to see him beside Bradley in a 4-2-3-1 and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen more than one poster give credence to the Audi Index now. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It's a crock of statistical homeopathy.

TFC's head of analytics called it marketing bullshit FFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I've seen more than one poster give credence to the Audi Index now. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It's a crock of statistical homeopathy.

TFC's head of analytics called it marketing bullshit FFS
    Are you implying FIFA ratings aren’t accurate either?

I can assure you this forum has had this conversation before and the result was that any and all rating systems, no matter how inaccurate or made up, are indeed accurate because: “looks about right, I guess!”

Audi Index is just the default Opta stats pushed through some arcane nonsensical conversion so they can put another ad in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Are you implying FIFA ratings aren’t accurate either?
    For the purposes of a video game? Sure why not. Come in here quoting FIFA ratings for a player TFC are linked to and GTFO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

westberg has good distribution it’s a teal asset.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offence moved the ball in and tried things more. Almost like they listened to Vanneyrthis week. I put that down to Fraser and no Auro.

Wheeler speculating this week that the team needs to upgrade RB.

I think we see a trade out & 2 more brought in beyond Gonzalez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the purposes of a video game? Sure why not. Come in here quoting FIFA ratings for a player TFC are linked to and GTFO
    I’m being facetious because people on here were arguing about how accurate FIFA ratings are previously — when they’re basically an in-joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Offence moved the ball in and tried things more. Almost like they listened to Vanneyrthis week. I put that down to Fraser and no Auro.

Laryea and Auro are okay-ish but neither is a good RB. Deleon is needed in other positions as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m being facetious because people on here were arguing about how accurate FIFA ratings are previously — when they’re basically an in-joke.
    I know. Call my response a sub tweet if you will.

Lets leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know. Call my response a sub tweet if you will.

Lets leave it at that.
    Deliciously extra-facetious

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't stay but the crowd for the Raptors post game was cool.

Lots of people chilling on a nice night, buying drinks and enjoying the BBall.

Toronto at its best, I'd say.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God that fucking ref, I don't know if I ever screamed & swore so much.

TFC mostly OK considering the lineup & and absences. However: how about shoot the fucking ball a few more times?! Pozuleo and Fraser both have a decent long shots, but they (and others) spent too much time passing & dribbling along the top of the box. Just take a long shot every now and then, to mix it up! Too many times we're trying to thread the needle inside the penalty box.

It was fun watching the Raptors there. BMO Field made it into the TV broadcast a couple of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wheeler broadly hinted at a trade. Will be interesting to see who.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the final goal.

Great work by Chapman to earn the throw in.

Great work by Telfer to fight for the ball.

Lovely pass by Pozuelo to set him free.

Hamilton makes the run.

2020 looking really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i got nothing else to do.
    It's no effort to watch it on tv
    i can watch this free on tv.

Not worth the effort to go to the fortress
    stay home!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the final goal.

Great work by Chapman to earn the throw in.

Great work by Telfer to fight for the ball.

Lovely pass by Pozuelo to set him free.

Hamilton makes the run.

2020 looking really good.
    Where are all the "Hamilton's a bum" types? He has a nose for goal. Needs to be used right with the right teammates. But he scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were soft penalties. I'm okay if the league wants to start calling stuff like that but it needs to be consistent.

I think back to a few plays we experienced in the last few games. Maybe most notably Laryea charging towards goal against SJ and getting taken down by the opposing fullback. That was wayyy more of a penalty than either of the calls blown against us today. Nobody called for a VAR review on that play and it was far more of a "clear and obvious error".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Those were soft penalties. I'm okay if the league wants to start calling stuff like that but it needs to be consistent.

I think back to a few plays we experienced in the last few games. Maybe most notably Laryea charging towards goal against SJ and getting taken down by the opposing fullback. That was wayyy more of a penalty than either of the calls blown against us today. Nobody called for a VAR review on that play and it was far more of a "clear and obvious error".
    I agree. Also a handball in the box by KC last night, no review. Of course it's not in the highlights, I would like to see that one again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Vanney put it very well in the post game interview ie "It wasn't even a foul. if you are going to call that (Moor) then you are going to have to call hands on in the box all game. my frustration was that that didnt happen" and then goes on to quote penalties that we could have had recently with Jozy (and for me Boyd on multiple occasions).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't stay but the crowd for the Raptors post game was cool.

Lots of people chilling on a nice night, buying drinks and enjoying the BBall.

Toronto at its best, I'd say.
    Yeah it was great to see a Jurassic Park west at BMO !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vanney put it very well in the post game interview ie "It wasn't even a foul. if you are going to call that (Moor) then you are going to have to call hands on in the box all game. my frustration was that that didnt happen" and then goes on to quote penalties that we could have had recently with Jozy (and for me Boyd on multiple occasions).
    They were incredibly soft and the ref was letting a lot of stuff go earlier in the game. It was an incredibly inept display of refereeing, even if every league has bad refs.

The first pen probably wasn’t, except Moor touched him near his face, likely unintentionally. The second pen was soft as well, but I guess you could admit it was. It was the calling back minutes after that was completely idiotic. If VAR is going to be used appropriately, it needs to work much faster than that, or at least whistle down the play while you decide.

There was a weak shoulder-to-shoulder yellow, and Boyd angrily judo flipping the guy hanging off his back all game like a cape wasn’t a yellow.

We had guys going down in the box too. If you’re going to give soft pens for dives, you have to give yellows for simulation if that’s what’s happening. Also, Laryea diving pretending he got smacked in the face was Osorio levels of shameful diving. The guy didn’t even touch him.

The handball in the box looked like his arm came down on it in real time, but on the replay it looked like it bounced off his elbow. Regardless, if the pen on Sissoko during the CL final was the “new way” of calling handballs in the box, then this was certainly a pen too. It’s a stupid way of calling pens for handballs that neglects intention, but if that’s they way it’s going then refs need to be cognizant and call it all the time.

It was 2 points we should have had despite not playing like superstars. A game ruined by poor refereeing and pens/non-called pens is always among the worst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very impressed with Telfers interview. Hope he gets a chance. Vanney calling him “athletic” is a bit of a kiss of death but we could use “athletic”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very impressed with Telfers interview. Hope he gets a chance. Vanney calling him “athletic” is a bit of a kiss of death but we could use “athletic”
    It’s too bad he has to go back to York9 for the rest of the season. I have been screaming all season long hes the speed on the wing we need. He played really well in preseason I think lead the team in goals and then they loan him out with no wingers on the team? Made no sense at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    It’s too bad he has to go back to York9 for the rest of the season. I have been screaming all season long hes the speed on the wing we need. He played really well in preseason I think lead the team in goals and then they loan him out with no wingers on the team? Made no sense at all.
    The personnel moves have been strange ever since Beita and Edwards were let go. Good for them for fighting for Poz, and DeLeon is useful, but it’s been an odd 18 months for sure, letting players go like Telfer and Hasler who can play important roles and not replacing them. Maybe Gonzalez will work out - it gives me hope that the USMNT still rates him - and the trend will start to turn around. Buts it’s been quite a puzzling 18 months.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-08-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The personnel moves have been strange ever since Beita and Edwards were let go. Good for them for fighting for Poz, and DeLeon is useful, but it’s been an odd 18 months for sure, letting players go like Fraser and Hasler who can play important roles and not replacing them. Maybe Gonzalez will work out - it gives me hope that the USMNT still rates him - and the trend will start to turn around. Buts it’s been quite a puzzling 18 months.
    Fraser is still on the team Hes a huge part of the future.

Auro has been an ok pickup.
    Westburg has been better than I thought
    Ciman is playing well now
    Letting Hagglund go and basically getting Omar for him was a great deal
    Laryea was a good bargain pickup
    Pozuelo obviously has been good

The problem has been they let Janson go and didn’t replace him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having only watched the highlights... what the f%&k. You cannot use VAR to reverse 50/50 calls.

Glad to see Hamilton scoring.

Looking forward to returning to full TFC engagement once load management ends.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Having only watched the highlights... what the f%&k. You cannot use VAR to reverse 50/50 calls.

Glad to see Hamilton scoring.

Looking forward to returning to full TFC engagement once load management ends.
    The 2nd VAR review was nuts. Ref was staring at the screen right in front of the south end for a very long time. So that means it's obviously not "clear and obvious," and since the foul wasn't whistled initially, you can't call it. Plus a KC player got really close to the screen while the ref was viewing it, and should have seen a yellow.

My absolute favourite part of the night: watching a bunch of the TFC players' kids, playing footy together on the big pitch throughout most of the basketball game. There was always something fun to watch during time outs and commercials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Fraser is still on the team Hes a huge part of the future.

Auro has been an ok pickup.
    Westburg has been better than I thought
    Ciman is playing well now
    Letting Hagglund go and basically getting Omar for him was a great deal
    Laryea was a good bargain pickup
    Pozuelo obviously has been good

The problem has been they let Janson go and didn’t replace him.
    Auro is actually incredibly weak in the position we hired him for and one of the reasons our defense has issues. He’s also frequently injured.

We didn’t “basically get” Omar because of the Hagglund trade. I don’t know why people keep repeating this. He’s on a TAM salary and we got him for the same reason we have Bradley and Jozy; just because a team has allocation spots doesn’t need mean a player is automatically required to go to the team with the spot, and all MLS rules are subject to being completely bypassed whenever they head office feels like it.

We didn’t let Janson go. His salary and transfer fee at the time would have made it impossible to fit him into the team. They also were evidently trying to replace him, including trying to bring him back. They just didn’t succeed.

The rest is fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro is actually incredibly weak in the position we hired him for and one of the reasons our defense has issues. He’s also frequently injured.

We didn’t “basically get” Omar because of the Hagglund trade. I don’t know why people keep repeating this. He’s on a TAM salary and we got him for the same reason we have Bradley and Jozy; just because a team has allocation spots doesn’t need mean a player is automatically required to go to the team with the spot, and all MLS rules are subject to being completely bypassed whenever they head office feels like it.

We didn’t let Janson go. His salary and transfer fee at the time would have made it impossible to fit him into the team. They also were evidently trying to replace him, including trying to bring him back. They just didn’t succeed.

The rest is fine.
    We got Hagglund for the number one spot in the allocation order and a whack of Garber bucks. Those were used to acquire Gonzalez (sure they could have been used to acquire someone else, but they weren't).

The link is pretty obvious actually.

Bradley bypassing the allocation order (iirc Jozy actually came through correctly) is a scandal of sorts, but has not much to do with this. That just goes in the bucket of various (mostltly Galaxy related) MLS office offences. They are really pretty rare.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”