Holy ****, we're gonna need a ton of luck
    Even though we are all born innocent
    It doesn't take too much to **** it up

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many matches can we lose in a row before we see a change in something, anything?

This should be one more to toss on the pile.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    How many matches can we lose in a row before we see a change in something, anything?

This should be one more to toss on the pile.
    It certainly feels like we could keep on losing until the transfer window... and beyond if Curtis doesn't deliver.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It certainly feels like we could keep on losing until the transfer window... and beyond if Curtis doesn't deliver.
    I feel there will be a lot of 2-1 losses until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything feels like a loss. So I am going for a win. Jozy goes crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bradley and Osorio are healthy I’m calling it a win, even if just one of them are healthy I still think they win.

Westburg

Ciman-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    ——Fraser—-Bradley——-
    Laryea-Pozuelo-Osorio
    ————Jozy—————

Would be my starting 11. Try Ciman at RB with Auro out. Laryea showed me on the right wing in one game than Deleon has all season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    If Bradley and Osorio are healthy I’m calling it a win, even if just one of them are healthy I still think they win.

Westburg

Ciman-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
    ——Fraser—-Bradley——-
    Laryea-Pozuelo-Osorio
    ————Jozy—————

Would be my starting 11. Try Ciman at RB with Auro out. Laryea showed me on the right wing in one game than Deleon has all season.
    I don’t think you understand the formation we play...

You are probably looking at something like

Bono

Zavaleta-moor-Mavinga
    ———-Bradley—————
    Delgado——-Morrow
    Chapman—Fraser—-Morgan
    ——Boyd———

Nephew will be our flyer down the right, we will sub on Dorsey instead of Jozy when we are down a goal at 75 minutes...

Oh and we will find out about Bradley’s “trade” this week and he’s gone as soon as the window opens... (tinfoil hat)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I don’t think you understand the formation we play...

You are probably looking at something like

Bono

Zavaleta-moor-Mavinga
    ———-Bradley—————
    Delgado——-Morrow
    Chapman—Fraser—-Morgan
    ——Boyd———

Nephew will be our flyer down the right, we will sub on Dorsey instead of Jozy when we are down a goal at 75 minutes...

Oh and we will find out about Bradley’s “trade” this week and he’s gone as soon as the window opens... (tinfoil hat)
    LOL,

If my PS4 were set up I'd play this in FIFA and see what the hell happens. would be fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't sleep on Marc dos Santos - He's doing exactly what he did with the Fury: Get them proficient in his desired defensive shape, then build the offense out from there, usually some variations between a 4-3-3 and a diamond 4-4-2. I'm thinking it's a 2-1 loss again. We'll probably score one but they're going to torch us on pace and score two on the counter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like we were trying to change things up in the SJ game (although I admit I only saw the first half, so I don't know what happened afterwards). It seemed like were trying to really consciously move the ball quicker, have quicker passes and get just fire more shots on net. But then we were let down by terrible defensive brain-farts.

So who knows what to expect from this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley & Osorio unlikley & Auro too

I get the feeling Osorio & Bradley are injuries that without the Gold Cup they'd either ignore or only take 1 week off.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-28-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bradley & Osorio unlikley & Auro too

I get the feeling Osorio & Bradley are injuries that without the Gold Cup they'd either ignore or only take 1 week off.
    Auro is either pretty injury prone or our medical and training staff are still doing something wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Auro is either pretty injury prone or our medical and training staff are still doing something wrong.
    Moor, Jozy, Auro and Bradley all have had hamstring issues? I thought the Italian was some kind of hamstring guru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone going to the match? Cannot find west coast thread that’s usually up for these games and KidA has moved east. Wondering about pregame meet up
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-28-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Anyone going to the match? Cannot find west coast thread that’s usually up for these games and KidA has moved east. Wondering about pregame meet up
    West Coast thread is on the third page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    West Coast thread is on the third page.
    Got it, thanks.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Vancouver looked pretty happy at home vs Dallas. Friday will be a tense night.

Glad no Raps that night.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Man Vancouver looked pretty happy at home vs Dallas. Friday will be a tense night.

Glad no Raps that night.
    Bit early on this, but I was checking the schedule for the next home game and the Raps play Game 4 on Fri June 7 at 9 when TFC plays SKC at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s unbelievable how much this team has fallen apart. 6 weeks ago I’d have said that we would destroy Vancouver and be a shoe in for the Voyageurs Cup. They were rank awful and the club’s morale was as low as possible. MDS has really improved them & they are getting some mojo back. I won’t be surprised if we get thrashed. It does feel like Bradley has left the building already. We’ve gone from the deepest team in MLS to the shallowest in the shortest time possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It’s unbelievable how much this team has fallen apart. 6 weeks ago I’d have said that we would destroy Vancouver and be a shoe in for the Voyageurs Cup. They were rank awful and the club’s morale was as low as possible. MDS has really improved them & they are getting some mojo back. I won’t be surprised if we get thrashed. It does feel like Bradley has left the building already. We’ve gone from the deepest team in MLS to the shallowest in the shortest time possible.
    When you only have two TAM players and one DP who misses a ton of games you will be shallow as any team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ve gone from the deepest team in MLS to the shallowest in the shortest time possible.
    I was thinking about this and comparing our roster to one like San Jose's and what Almeyda gets out of that group. Our 1 through 18 isn't the worst in the league by far and I wonder what a different manager who approached our shortcomings differently could get out of our roster? I guarantee if Almeyda or Dos Santos were running us we would be doing much better than we are right now even if their respective teams aren't really.

With us, the talent is there because we've seen it before in most of the players but the execution (mainly) and overall plan are not.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-29-2019 at 02:34 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this and comparing our roster to one like San Jose's and what Almeyda gets out of that group. Our 1 through 18 isn't the worst in the league by far and I wonder what a different manager who approached our shortcomings differently could get out of our roster? I guarantee if Almeyda or Dos Santos were running us we would be doing much better than we are right now even if their respective teams aren't really.

With us, the talent is there because we've seen it before in most of the players but the execution (mainly) and overall plan are not.
    This kind of belongs more in the Vanney thread.

A more pragmatic manager would probably do better with this bunch (although Vanney frustrates me because just when I'm going to write him off for inflexibility, he does a pragmatic game, although the players didn't execute well). However, Vanney does get a lot out of a very good roster (I think people have forgotten our amazing run in the CCL which certainly reflected his coaching abilities), so it all hinges on who Curtis is going to bring in. If Curtis is going to significantly upgrade the roster, I would certainly favour keeping Vanney. If he's going to either go cheap or do a poor job we might need a different coach to go with this GM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this board has started to creep into panic mode. Don't think we're there yet. Other seasons? Sure. But the playoff structure allowing 7 teams per conference changes a lot. We haven't won in 5, but we're still in the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new playoff structure makes reg season way more important. Single game elimination is a huge deal.
    I don't think we will see a team reach the final playing every game on the road.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    The new playoff structure makes reg season way more important. Single game elimination is a huge deal.
    I don't think we will see a team reach the final playing every game on the road.
    Not too sure of this - this league isn't used to cup competitions like this.

I think in the West LAFC as a home team is dominant but the rest are beatable in their place in a one off game - RSL would be a pain due to altitude.

In the East, there is no team safe at home but NYC has a big advantage compared to most teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Oh shit I didn't pick that up. Goes both ways then. You really can't afford to squeeze in anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100%. Even though we didn't bring in reinforcements, we all know the players are better than the results because we've seen it.

Some people may blame Curtis, and to a degree that's fair based on what he did (and didn't) bring in this off-season. But some blame needs to be laid at Vanney's feet when we can't get a result with players that we know are good enough to do so. It's not fair to say we should be at the top of the league or near it with this roster, but we should definitely not be doing this poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    100%. Even though we didn't bring in reinforcements, we all know the players are better than the results because we've seen it.

Some people may blame Curtis, and to a degree that's fair based on what he did (and didn't) bring in this off-season. But some blame needs to be laid at Vanney's feet when we can't get a result with players that we know are good enough to do so. It's not fair to say we should be at the top of the league or near it with this roster, but we should definitely not be doing this poorly.
    Unfortunately, thats true. We are unbalanced but with the midfield strength we have should be playing better and not losing in such crap ways

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still look forward to seeing this game on Friday. I will continue to watch every minute of every game like I normally do but I will say that the wind is a little bit out of my sails with TFC these days and I find I am not tuning into this forum or any other places for news like I used to. Maybe shit has to really hit the fan to get a reaction. I remember a time when that happened and they brought in Lieweke....Day 1 ticket prices anyone? Haha. Ok but seriously we are not there yet but feeling kind of bummed as a TFC fan these days.