Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    It was from the COYR podcast with Wheeler. A few episodes back but I’m unsure which one exactly. Basically said he randomly ran into Seba at a coffee shop and went to briefly say hi but Seba ended up talking his ear off about stuff.
    Yeah I remember that and in no way did it sound like anything more then talking to each other. The phrase "poured his heart out" was not used.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My read, it's wishful thinking. Even if Seba regrets going to Saudi, which is completely understandable and believable, fitting him back in the salary structure and with the new people who have been brought in using a new formation is highly implausible.

OTOH stranger things have happened. Maybe Bradley gets traded to his dad's team for GAM and we sign Giovinco as a DP. I doubt it though.

Frankly I don't believe a random guy with a random podcast has any "inside information" that any of us "armchair analysts" on this board don't have. Even if he talked to the BMO Field head janitor or something. Anyone can do a podcast.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-10-2019 at 03:24 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I don't miss the rolling around on the ground but he can still contribute something if he ever came back I would say even at his current age. The thing is why would he play hardball for more money then get it and leave then come back for what would have to be way less? That is the main reason why I think all this is just people talking for the sake of talking about this just because he came back for a bit to visit TO. Seems like talk that would come up in the off season because we are bored as hell and looking for something TFC related to talk about. I can't see him taking a big pay cut after being so adamant about the initial TFC offer not being enough to stay. Life overseas really that bad? Who knows though, maybe he will eat a big slice of humble pie and take a pay cut and come back to play with TFC. Maybe he now realizes that he had a good thing going and regrets his decision to leave for the paycheck. Who knows....I seriously doubt it but I would never say never in life. Shit happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah I remember that and in no way did it sound like anything more then talking to each other. The phrase "poured his heart out" was not used.
    So it’s the very beginning of episode 169. Dunfield literally says “poured his heart out”. “Talked for 2 hours”. Says something about not wanting to leave people on a cliff hanger but then Wheeler interrupts and he ends with he “misses Toronto”.

Edit: just to clarify I don’t necessarily believe it will happen but I do believe there is enough to suggest it’s possible.
    Last edited by Stress; 07-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Actually I think all the guys saying “Let It Go” need to let that go! ;-)

It is obvious that this could be a real story. There is a long distance from here to there (agreeing on a salary, allocation order, Bradley)... but it is credible that something could be up.

The trainer story, Seba being benched in Saudi, him spending a lot of time in TO, him spending time at TFC and Raps games, hints in IG stories, a whole bunch of twitter stuff, some of it involving TFC players....

any one of these you can knock down, but all together, they are a pattern...
    We know that Seba loves Toronto and spends lots of time here. It may well be true that he isn’t happy in Saudi. Nonetheless, he’s got a contract and he’s doing his preseason with them. He may want to come back to TFC, but the hurdles are pretty big at this point. He got benched over there for a couple of games as he came into a late season title race in pre-season form. We’ll see what happens after he gets a pre-season with them and plays the Asian CL matches in August. Sure, he may want to come back to Toronto, but he has little leverage to make it happen at this point.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    So it’s the very beginning of episode 169. Dunfield literally says “poured his heart out”. “Talked for 2 hours”. Says something about not wanting to leave people on a cliff hanger but then Wheeler interrupts and he ends with he “misses Toronto”.

Edit: just to clarify I don’t necessarily believe it will happen but I do believe there is enough to suggest it’s possible.
    Gareth Wheeler is not a reliable source. He’ll say anything to drum up a story. Total hack, yellow journalist.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    We know that Seba loves Toronto and spends lots of time here. It may well be true that he isn’t happy in Saudi. Nonetheless, he’s got a contract and he’s doing his preseason with them. He may want to come back to TFC, but the hurdles are pretty big at this point. He got benched over there for a couple of games as he came into a late season title race in pre-season form. We’ll see what happens after he gets a pre-season with them and plays the Asian CL matches in August. Sure, he may want to come back to Toronto, but he has little leverage to make it happen at this point.
    All true.

I just think Manning could have killed off these stories fairly easily if he really wanted to. It's a pretty captive media here. But he hasn't, it keeps popping. Whack-a-mole.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All true.

I just think Manning could have killed off these stories fairly easily if he really wanted to. It's a pretty captive media here. But he hasn't, it keeps popping. Whack-a-mole.
    Maybe they're lobbying MLS for an offseason TAM increase/4th dp that would cover it. He's probably got at least two more seasons in him and it's both a great narrative for the league to have him come back and hew as immensely popular. He gives MLS credibility (although he looked pretty tired by the end of 2018 season.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah...about all this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list we've held the #1 spot on twice recently. Which people are going to use as either proof it isn't happening, or argue that means we can get there a third time, whichever fits their narrative.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    The list we've held the #1 spot on twice recently. Which people are going to use as either proof it isn't happening, or argue that means we can get there a third time, whichever fits their narrative.
    Allocation is pretty irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    yeah...about all this

That’s crazy talk. This league and its rules... stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it will be him that we're looking at. I think we should we should be looking at a versatile forward though but obviously at TAM level only regardless of Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*IF* Giovinco were to come back, what jersey number would he take since Pozo has the 10? Take #11?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    *IF* Giovinco were to come back, what jersey number would he take since Pozo has the 10? Take #11?
    I'm pretty sure he is coming back so this is a really interesting/relevant question.

Shaff was pretty invisible tonight, with Gallardo and Seba and Oso back this team is going to be really fun to watch again at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is coming back so this is a really interesting/relevant question.

Shaff was pretty invisible tonight, with Gallardo and Seba and Oso back this team is going to be really fun to watch again at BMO

Upon reflection I think you give #10 back to Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the 1/100 chance Seba comes back, he's certainly not taking the No. 10 from the organization's new star, whose jersey is already on most racks, for a short-term stay.

He wore No. 12 for Juve in the years leading up to his move, so I'd say that is most likely. Spent some time with Nos. 20 (Akinola) and 21 (Oso), but I guess Ayo isn't really in a position to refuse a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    In the 1/100 chance Seba comes back, he's certainly not taking the No. 10 from the organization's new star, whose jersey is already on most racks, for a short-term stay.

He wore No. 12 for Juve in the years leading up to his move, so I'd say that is most likely. Spent some time with Nos. 20 (Akinola) and 21 (Oso), but I guess Ayo isn't really in a position to refuse a change.
    I'll take that bet!!
    I'll wager $100 he comes back. If he doesn't come back you keep my hundred.
    If he comes back you owe me $10,000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Giovinco likes star numbers. He won't go back to his Juve number 12, which I think was assigned to him. When given the choice he's worn 21 and 10 (Italy, Parma, and Toronto) and then when he went to Al-Hilal he took #9. I feel here he'd grab #11 or the now vacant #7. No chance he takes 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some good news. Last night I was on tfc live Twitter reading the hate for vanney comments when I saw this tweet by this serie a writer. Rocco fassano
    He cliams he was the one who first broke the news of gio leaving Toronto.
    Anyways he says gio and tfc are just working out the financial numbers and that seba is coming back.

https://twitter.com/CatenaccioNA/status/1152747093490114561?s=20

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting back with the ex?

I'll get the popcorn.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    This is some good news. Last night I was on tfc live Twitter reading the hate for vanney comments when I saw this tweet by this serie a writer. Rocco fassano
    He cliams he was the one who first broke the news of gio leaving Toronto.
    Anyways he says gio and tfc are just working out the financial numbers and that seba is coming back.

https://twitter.com/CatenaccioNA/sta...490114561?s=20
    Instant contenders if he returns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Instant contenders if he returns.
    But how does the club get around the Allocation List assuming the Cap and DP issue can somehow be gotten around?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that this will happen anyway but that's the least of the problems. The league makes things happen. At worst we give away allocation $$$ that might possibly magically appear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have long argued that this may be happening... but anybody who claims he “broke” this story on January 30 cannot be taken seriously.

This probably would require trading Bradley.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have long argued that this may be happening... but anybody who claims he “broke” this story on January 30 cannot be taken seriously.

This probably would require trading Bradley.
    I think it’s quite likely that there are discussions. But I don’t see how they can pull it off. And the team, despite Vanneys bizarre line up from Saturday, is just starting to gell. So I cannot see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba played wide in a 4-2-3-1 in the last Saudi season FYI. Batefmi Gomis was the lone striker.

He's been playing as the playmaker in a midfield 3 during their preseason too.

Just something to consider if you're thinking two striker partnership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seba played wide in a 4-2-3-1 in the last Saudi season FYI. Batefmi Gomis was the lone striker.

can we sign Gomis then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Right, he can play wide or centrally as well, even if it isn’t his ideal/preferred position. If he does end up coming back, he probably isn’t going to be dictating where he wants to play.

It would give a bit more versatility in formation, but it could end up hurting the development of players like Sberg, make the Osorio TAM contract a bit silly, and/or make the neverending winger story and Gallardo signing a bit quixotic.

We’ll see what happens, I guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is interesting

https://deskgram.net/p/2093819636696013026_14084584504

I think he met with Manning 5 days ago
    -he talks about exciting news coming up
    -then the 2nd picture has picture of gio and vv and morrow
    -then the 3rd picture has the podium where they announce new signings

if this is true it is pretty obvious what he is saying without actually saying it