Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question for everyone.

should Seba congratulate TFC on his instagram.
    he has only had one tfc post on instagram since he left, the night he was at bmo

my reply is i think he should post congratulations to tfc, it would be a classy move

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no “should”. I’m sure many of us would be happy to hear from him, but he has no obligation, and I certainly wouldn’t be upset if he didn’t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Here's a question for everyone.

should Seba congratulate TFC on his instagram.
    he has only had one tfc post on instagram since he left, the night he was at bmo

my reply is i think he should post congratulations to tfc, it would be a classy move
    Who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not shitting on your post Stevep BUT....Yeah i gotta say who cares? Man can do what he wants, "should"? Wouldn't put that on Seba. He's a legend here, welcome back anytime but this is an odd thing to be thinking about when we are a win away from being champs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Not shitting on your post Stevep BUT....Yeah i gotta say who cares? Man can do what he wants, "should"? Wouldn't put that on Seba. He's a legend here, welcome back anytime but this is an odd thing to be thinking about when we are a win away from being champs.
    I am a little odd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Who cares?
    this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s not forget his post when he left: “it seems management wants to focus on things other than the pure desire to win”. Looks funny now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Let’s not forget his post when he left: “it seems management wants to focus on things other than the pure desire to win”. Looks funny now.
    Toss him in the same boat as VDW with the exception that he is still playing at 'some' level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really think that being in THE FINAL should put an end to this SEBA love in. move on already. 'who cares' indeed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Why do we debate his money? I honestly don't care if we pay him $50 million a year.

The only thing that really matters is the DP spot. Because there are only 3, that's way more valuable than the salary itself. The only debate should be whether he's worth one of three DP spots.
    He was truly worth a DP spot, I honestly feel better about this team heading into the MLS Cup with him on the squad, yes he was a firerry Italian but he went to the wall. Fact is he is not here and the Reds have been on a role, we shall see how the final chapter is written on this squad in 2019.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post
    i really think that being in THE FINAL should put an end to this SEBA love in. move on already. 'who cares' indeed.
    It may possibly take signing another decent Serie A player for it to end. For some people I know that's really important. Right now we only have Michael Bradley in that category, and before him there was Andrea Lombardo in the category of Serie B player who played for TFC during 2007-2008 (who had previously played all of one game for Atalanta, and wasn't very good).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-02-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Toss him in the same boat as VDW with the exception that he is still playing at 'some' level.
    I get Al hilal updates on my phone when they play.
    Lately he has not started some games as well he has not played in some games.??
    Wonder what that means?
    Skills have declined??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder what that means?
    Skills have declined??
    Skills were rapidly declining here so it shouldn't be a surprise that it would continue in that way. Plus he has attitude issues so I am sure getting benched or left out of the 18 in a complete shit league would have his petulence in high gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder what that means?
    Skills have declined??
    I get those too. I know Bafetemi Gomis is their top striker. Seba has only played one full game this season. He is typically either a sub or a starter who gets subbed off
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/sebasti.../spieler/52312

Interestingly it seems like he starts home games, and is a sub or not in the quad for away games. Maybe a coincidence and too small a sample size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba's team is a game away from being Asian Champions League Champions. Won the first leg 1-0 at home. Leg 2 is November 24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    love it! look at the comments, every comment was bring him back home haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Hilal are AFC champions, 3-0 on aggregate. Seba was named man of the match in the second leg

What I would give to change those first four words to "Toronto FC are CONCACAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to remind everyone who maybe does not know, Seba's team (Al Hilal) is playing today in the semifinal of the FIFA Club World Cup:

Flamengo RJ - Al-Hilal
    Today, 17 Dec 2019, 12:30 PM ET

So if you have nothing better to do, you can watch this match on some free stream, I am sure there will be several of those available.

On another note, I really hope that latest by the end of Feb. this thread will be closed, and anything related to Seba would find it's place in the "TFC/MLS News Section" forum's " Former TFC player/coach/staff thread".

Yes, Seba was the most iconic player in TFC's history until now. Yes, he was my all time fav player too, but together with and no more fav. than Victor (Vazquez).
    But also yes, he was royally paid for that, it's not like some dude who made just 2 millions per year and much over delivered that pay.
    The fact that Jozy and Michael was grossly overpaid for years at TFC should not hinder one's evaluation on another player's contribution delivered to the team vs it's pay from the team on the whole period while he was under contract.
    More simply put, analyzing all those years while at TFC, I really can't see that he's over delivered if we also consider his pay, compared to all the other DP's in the MLS.

Considering all these above, IMO he never should have had his own thread in this part of the forum after he left TFC...
    No other TFC player ever had, after they left TFC, so why only Seba?
    That "TFC/MLS News Section" forum's " Former TFC player/coach/staff thread" is there for this reason!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-17-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Just to remind everyone who maybe does not know, Seba's team (Al Hilal) is playing today in the semifinal of the FIFA Club World Cup:

Flamengo RJ - Al-Hilal
    Today, 17 Dec 2019, 12:30 PM ET

So if you have nothing better to do, you can watch this match on some free stream, I am sure there will be several of those available.
    Looks like TSN has picked up the game today. It'll be on TSN 5
    Last edited by DFloorDanny; 12-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering all these above, IMO he never should have had his own thread in this part of the forum after he left TFC...
    No other TFC player ever had, after they left TFC, so why only Seba?
    That "TFC/MLS News Section" forum's " Former TFC player/coach/staff thread" is there for this reason!
    This is factually incorrect, Duane DeRosario had a thread when he had another team sign his cheque and he left (April, 2011). A similar situation in some ways, although with much more rancor.

A musician might date a lot of people but get their heart broken by one special to them person. So they sing heartbreak songs about that one person, but not about their other dates.

Seba leaving TFC was like that for many. So was DeRo before he came back.

People needed a place to vent and Seba was taking over multiple threads, so a special broken hearts section was created just to his memory (thanks Og for doing that).

After a while hearts heal and people can move on (well most people anyway). Next season we can treat Seba like history. History we honour, but the pain will be diminished.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-17-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, I really hope that latest by the end of Feb. this thread will be closed, and anything related to Seba would find it's place in the "TFC/MLS News Section" forum's " Former TFC player/coach/staff thread".
    See the nice thing for you with this Seba thread: if you're not interested, you don't have to open it or read it! Easy peasy! Maybe there's even a way to filter out a thread??

Seba is intriguing for a couple of reasons, among other things because his family still lives in Toronto (whereas beforehand many commentators here and elsewhere were absolutely certain his whole family would be high-tailing it out of here at the very first opportunity).

And lots of other players have had threads. Many of them who had not broken team or league records, nor help deliver other iconic moments, incl. the first-ever playoff qualification, and an MLS Cup.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-17-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    See the nice thing for you with this Seba thread: if you're not interested, you don't have to open it or read it! Easy peasy! Maybe there's even a way to filter out a thread??

Seba is intriguing for a couple of reasons, among other things because his family still lives in Toronto (whereas beforehand many commentators here and elsewhere were absolutely certain his whole family would be high-tailing it out of here at the very first opportunity).

And lots of other players have had threads. Many of them who had not broken team or league records, nor help deliver other iconic moments, incl. the first-ever playoff qualification, and an MLS Cup.
    Also there was all the subtle clues that he might be coming back last year to save us from the boringness that’s was TFC for most of 2019

I think many of us were hoping that he was coming back to bring us out of the depths of despair that was most of TFC 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting tidbit about the al hill flamenco match.

The flamenco coach, Jorge Jesus, was the Alhilal coach last year when Seba joined them. Then he got fired, went to Brazil and won the copa liberatores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They gush over Seba in the MLS team of the decade. Basically best player ever for combination of heights of skill at peak and longevity of being at peak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but this is not true at all.
    As Oldtimer said one post before you, just DeRosario had some kind of thread like this (my public appologies because I do not remember that thread).
    Any other TFC player had just the "XY Appreciation Thread" type of thread, which is 100% a different kind of animal (in those we are talking about what they have done in their time at TFC, and we are thanking for that).
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-17-2019 at 11:53 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also there was all the subtle clues that he might be coming back last year to save us from the boringness that’s was TFC for most of 2019

I think many of us were hoping that he was coming back to bring us out of the depths of despair that was most of TFC 2019
    Only a few days ago, there were hints he's interested in buying out his contract and coming back. (I'm would be wary BTW, regarding the cost, as well as what we would expect from Seba at this point, and how he would fit.)

Plus here's a former player who has no official role with TFC yet: unlike other alumni who now work as commentators, or TFC academy coaches, or "ambassador," or "Manager, Player Engagement" etc. etc. Yet his family still lives here; Seba spends at least part of off-season here; he's seen at TFC games; with Manning; at Raptors games; and elsewhere. He's seen training on the sports field at my wife's school.

All reasons I predict this thread will continue going strong, albeit in fits and bursts as Seba news comes up. Or Seba does particularly well elsewhere, or particularly poorly. Same for TFC.

Who cares? Bits and bytes are cheap.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-17-2019 at 12:19 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Oldtimer said one post before you, just DeRosario had some kind of thread like this (my public appologies because I do not remember that thread).
    Any other TFC player had just the "XY Appreciation Thread" type of thread, which is 100% a different kind of animal (in those we are taling about what they have done in their time at TFC, and we are thanking for that).
    LOL, if you don't remember the Mother-Of-All-Threads about De Rosario -- there were actually multiple DeRo threads over the years -- I can't take the other stuff too seriously. Among other things, long-standing RPB members fought and quit (or were banned) over the DeRo discussions.

But I would like to thank you for giving this Seba thread some life again! It was getting rather stale. Pro tip on dealing with threads that you don't like / don't find important / don't find worthy: ignore them. When there's no news, when nobody cares enough, threads disappear all on their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other TFC player had just the "XY Appreciation Thread" type of thread, which is 100% a different kind of animal (in those we are talking about what they have done in their time at TFC, and we are thanking for that).
    He’s in the starting lineup today!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, if you don't remember the Mother-Of-All-Threads about De Rosario -- there were actually multiple DeRo threads over the years -- I can't take the other stuff too seriously. Among other things, long-standing RPB members fought and quit (or were banned) over the DeRo discussions.
    Or maybe his board membership dates from 2014, and DeRo happened in 2011.