Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 316
  1. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=69Chevy396;1910171]How long have LAFC and Atlanta been in the league? How about NYFC? Seattle? Portland?
    You may have enjoyed 7 years of humiliating incompetence and failure, labelling it “support”, instead of blind acquiescence. People watch sports entertainment for multiple reasons that do not include being attached by the hip to organization and players.

    I suffered through years of the worst football and it was Seba who changed that. I would have signed him for 20 million per season just to say thank you.[/QUOT 20 million seems fair! These guys are all Leaf fans so I understand their mindset.

  2. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Plus I'm not liquored up every match which would make this team watchable.

  3. #273
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    4 years ago today

    "An air of expectation"



    It was glorious


    It was wonderful


    *******

    He is not that player anymore

  4. #274
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overpaying for a 32 year old clearly on the decline while occupying the most valuable resource in MLS is how mediocrity is achieved.

  5. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Overpaying for a 32 year old clearly on the decline while occupying the most valuable resource in MLS is how mediocrity is achieved.
    Except when that 32 year old is Seba. He would of been a productive player if TFC did what they should of and signed him. The play was to not resign Josy and Bradley! but Manning is clueless. How would TFC look next year with Gio Poz(even though hes been a disappointment) and a quality forward who isnt injured 3/4s of the time like Josy.

  6. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOMOTFCBSFROMFO View Post
    Except when that 32 year old is Seba. He would of been a productive player if TFC did what they should of and signed him. The play was to not resign Josy and Bradley! but Manning is clueless. How would TFC look next year with Gio Poz(even though hes been a disappointment) and a quality forward who isnt injured 3/4s of the time like Josy.
    LOL

  7. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,506
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    4 years ago today

    "An air of expectation"



    It was glorious


    It was wonderful


    *******

    He is not that player anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Overpaying for a 32 year old clearly on the decline while occupying the most valuable resource in MLS is how mediocrity is achieved.
    This.

  8. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,695
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    So who would you rather have:

    A 32 year old Seba who is 75% what he used to be or a 1/3 of the time available Jozy

  9. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    So who would you rather have:

    A 32 year old Seba who is 75% what he used to be or a 1/3 of the time available Jozy
    None of them!



    Both of them would be / are a waste of resources for TFC.

    Get some proper fucking DP-s for $6 million salary per year.

  10. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    So who would you rather have:

    A 32 year old Seba who is 75% what he used to be or a 1/3 of the time available Jozy
    Jozy is actually hovering around the 2/3rds of a season level so if I had to pick I would take him now because he is better suited to our system but the main thing is/was that you can't have both forever.

    Hopefully next season we see someone else who can regularly score goals up front as well but who knows until the CBA gets hammered out.

  11. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Jozy is actually hovering around the 2/3rds of a season level so if I had to pick I would take him now because he is better suited to our system but the main thing is/was that you can't have both forever.

    Hopefully next season we see someone else who can regularly score goals up front as well but who knows until the CBA gets hammered out.

    Before the start of the Columbus game Manning held a town hall and he said this was a priority in the winter transfer window.

  12. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Overpaying for a 32 year old clearly on the decline while occupying the most valuable resource in MLS is how mediocrity is achieved.
    They planned to do exactly that until Seba left. This year has had panic written all over it at the admin level. We are lucky they found Poz and Omar. But that’s through luck not planning

  13. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Before the start of the Columbus game Manning held a town hall and he said this was a priority in the winter transfer window.
    It’s hard. Scoring goals is hard. It doesn’t automatically translate from other leagues - unless you are Zlatan. And no thanks to that.

  14. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,695
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Jozy is actually hovering around the 2/3rds of a season level so if I had to pick I would take him now because he is better suited to our system but the main thing is/was that you can't have both forever.

    Hopefully next season we see someone else who can regularly score goals up front as well but who knows until the CBA gets hammered out.

    Was listening to COYR podcast - yes I know it's very FO driven - but it sounds like TFC will be looking at a Number 2 striker to pair with Jozy. Can only assume it'll be tied to whatever they do with Bradley - either high end TAM or mid-level DP

    They are not hurting for goals per say I mean what they lost in Gio - they kinda got back in Poz

    I mean Poz has done alright this season - 12G 12A in 28 Games
    Seba's last Season was 13G 15A in 28 games.

    No doubt Seba was a difference maker and those goals he scored won us games we had no business winning. Poz cannot do that. and it showed when we needed it the most this year.
    With that being said another DP striker would help make up for those days when we need ANYTHING to get us a W.

    Let's be real - finding another Seba is going to be near impossible.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 10-15-2019 at 05:16 PM.

  15. #285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Was listening to COYR podcast - yes I know it's very FO driven - but it sounds like TFC will be looking at a Number 2 striker to pair with Jozy. Can only assume it'll be tied to whatever they do with Bradley - either high end TAM or mid-level DP

    They are not hurting for goals per say I mean what they lost in Gio - they kinda got back in Poz

    I mean Poz has done alright this season - 12G 12A in 28 Games
    Seba's last Season was 13G 15A in 28 games.

    No doubt Seba was a difference maker and those goals he scored won us games we had no business winning. Poz cannot do that. and it showed when we needed it the most this year.
    With that being said another DP striker would help make up for those days when we need ANYTHING to get us a W.

    Let's be real - finding another Seba is going to be near impossible.
    That podcast is surprisingly not that bad. Yes, overall, it's always going to tow the MLSE line, but they do offer their own opinions and criticisms as well. It's more balanced then one might expect. I actually enjoy listening to it.

  16. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Giovinco scored today. If I was him I would have zero motivation to play in the games in this Saudi league.
    How does he motivate himself for these games.

    Another year or so to go and the guy is set for life.
    Can comfortably live in Forest Hill or whatever rich area in Toronto, cottage in Muskoka with no worries of expenses.

    It's an extremely interesting paradox
    Last edited by stevep; 10-18-2019 at 05:38 PM.

  17. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Giovinco scored today. If I was him I would have zero motivation to play in the games in this Saudi league.
    How does he motivate himself for these games.

    Another year or so to go and the guy is set for life.
    Can comfortably live in Forest Hill or whatever rich area in Toronto, cottage in Muskoka with no worries of expenses.

    It's an extremely interesting paradox
    I think he was already set for life and could afford all of the above before he went to the Saudi League.

  18. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can someone please explain why altidore was signed long term and not giovinco?

  19. #289
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    can someone please explain why altidore was signed long term and not giovinco?
    Altidore didn't have a Saudi offer.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  20. #290
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    can someone please explain why altidore was signed long term and not giovinco?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Altidore didn't have a Saudi offer.
    And Altiodore took nice pay cut too
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  21. #291
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And Altiodore took nice pay cut too
    His fiance also happens to be a Top 100 tennis player in the world, in one of the few sports where women earn just as much as men.

  22. #292
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No player currently with TFC is as game-changing as Giovinco was in 2016-2017. However, I've noticed that Pozuelo is far more succesfull at PKs than Giovinco was (once the league got used to him). This is because Giovinco almost always shoots to his left so 'Keepers just go that direction. Pozuelo goes left, right, AND centre so he's much less predictable.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  23. #293
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And Altiodore took nice pay cut too
    Altidore got a 2 million dollar raise.

  24. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Altidore got a 2 million dollar raise.
    Well $1.3M raise in guaranteed compensation but $100K less in base salary.

    https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/6/...tract-revealed

  25. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    None of them!



    Both of them would be / are a waste of resources for TFC.

    Get some proper fucking DP-s for $6 million salary per year.
    I want Jozy to score a couple of goals in each of the next two games, tfc to win both games and for me to look like an idiot with my comment.

  26. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    114
    Posts
    983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No player currently with TFC is as game-changing as Giovinco was in 2016-2017. However, I've noticed that Pozuelo is far more succesfull at PKs than Giovinco was (once the league got used to him). This is because Giovinco almost always shoots to his left so 'Keepers just go that direction. Pozuelo goes left, right, AND centre so he's much less predictable.

    And he goes Panenka!!! hahahah

  27. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do we debate his money? I honestly don't care if we pay him $50 million a year.

    The only thing that really matters is the DP spot. Because there are only 3, that's way more valuable than the salary itself. The only debate should be whether he's worth one of three DP spots.

  28. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Why do we debate his money? I honestly don't care if we pay him $50 million a year.

    The only thing that really matters is the DP spot. Because there are only 3, that's way more valuable than the salary itself. The only debate should be whether he's worth one of three DP spots.
    This is exactly it.

  29. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is exactly it.
    i hope bradley gets a dp slot next year at 6.5M. if so we won mls cup

  30. #300
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well $1.3M raise in guaranteed compensation but $100K less in base salary.

    https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/6/...tract-revealed
    Thanks for that, thought it was closer to 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i hope bradley gets a dp slot next year at 6.5M. if so we won mls cup
    haha yes!
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 10-24-2019 at 02:04 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •