Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 216
  1. #151
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    It was from the COYR podcast with Wheeler. A few episodes back but I’m unsure which one exactly. Basically said he randomly ran into Seba at a coffee shop and went to briefly say hi but Seba ended up talking his ear off about stuff.
    Yeah I remember that and in no way did it sound like anything more then talking to each other. The phrase "poured his heart out" was not used.

  2. #152
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My read, it's wishful thinking. Even if Seba regrets going to Saudi, which is completely understandable and believable, fitting him back in the salary structure and with the new people who have been brought in using a new formation is highly implausible.

    OTOH stranger things have happened. Maybe Bradley gets traded to his dad's team for GAM and we sign Giovinco as a DP. I doubt it though.

    Frankly I don't believe a random guy with a random podcast has any "inside information" that any of us "armchair analysts" on this board don't have. Even if he talked to the BMO Field head janitor or something. Anyone can do a podcast.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-10-2019 at 03:24 PM.

  3. #153
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be honest I don't miss the rolling around on the ground but he can still contribute something if he ever came back I would say even at his current age. The thing is why would he play hardball for more money then get it and leave then come back for what would have to be way less? That is the main reason why I think all this is just people talking for the sake of talking about this just because he came back for a bit to visit TO. Seems like talk that would come up in the off season because we are bored as hell and looking for something TFC related to talk about. I can't see him taking a big pay cut after being so adamant about the initial TFC offer not being enough to stay. Life overseas really that bad? Who knows though, maybe he will eat a big slice of humble pie and take a pay cut and come back to play with TFC. Maybe he now realizes that he had a good thing going and regrets his decision to leave for the paycheck. Who knows....I seriously doubt it but I would never say never in life. Shit happens.

  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah I remember that and in no way did it sound like anything more then talking to each other. The phrase "poured his heart out" was not used.
    So it’s the very beginning of episode 169. Dunfield literally says “poured his heart out”. “Talked for 2 hours”. Says something about not wanting to leave people on a cliff hanger but then Wheeler interrupts and he ends with he “misses Toronto”.

    Edit: just to clarify I don’t necessarily believe it will happen but I do believe there is enough to suggest it’s possible.
    Last edited by Stress; 07-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

  5. #155
    RPB Member Past President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,227
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Actually I think all the guys saying “Let It Go” need to let that go! ;-)

    It is obvious that this could be a real story. There is a long distance from here to there (agreeing on a salary, allocation order, Bradley)... but it is credible that something could be up.

    The trainer story, Seba being benched in Saudi, him spending a lot of time in TO, him spending time at TFC and Raps games, hints in IG stories, a whole bunch of twitter stuff, some of it involving TFC players....

    any one of these you can knock down, but all together, they are a pattern...
    We know that Seba loves Toronto and spends lots of time here. It may well be true that he isn’t happy in Saudi. Nonetheless, he’s got a contract and he’s doing his preseason with them. He may want to come back to TFC, but the hurdles are pretty big at this point. He got benched over there for a couple of games as he came into a late season title race in pre-season form. We’ll see what happens after he gets a pre-season with them and plays the Asian CL matches in August. Sure, he may want to come back to Toronto, but he has little leverage to make it happen at this point.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  6. #156
    RPB Member Past President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,227
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    So it’s the very beginning of episode 169. Dunfield literally says “poured his heart out”. “Talked for 2 hours”. Says something about not wanting to leave people on a cliff hanger but then Wheeler interrupts and he ends with he “misses Toronto”.

    Edit: just to clarify I don’t necessarily believe it will happen but I do believe there is enough to suggest it’s possible.
    Gareth Wheeler is not a reliable source. He’ll say anything to drum up a story. Total hack, yellow journalist.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  7. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    We know that Seba loves Toronto and spends lots of time here. It may well be true that he isn’t happy in Saudi. Nonetheless, he’s got a contract and he’s doing his preseason with them. He may want to come back to TFC, but the hurdles are pretty big at this point. He got benched over there for a couple of games as he came into a late season title race in pre-season form. We’ll see what happens after he gets a pre-season with them and plays the Asian CL matches in August. Sure, he may want to come back to Toronto, but he has little leverage to make it happen at this point.
    All true.

    I just think Manning could have killed off these stories fairly easily if he really wanted to. It's a pretty captive media here. But he hasn't, it keeps popping. Whack-a-mole.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,043
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All true.

    I just think Manning could have killed off these stories fairly easily if he really wanted to. It's a pretty captive media here. But he hasn't, it keeps popping. Whack-a-mole.
    Maybe they're lobbying MLS for an offseason TAM increase/4th dp that would cover it. He's probably got at least two more seasons in him and it's both a great narrative for the league to have him come back and hew as immensely popular. He gives MLS credibility (although he looked pretty tired by the end of 2018 season.)

  9. #159
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah...about all this


  10. #160
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The list we've held the #1 spot on twice recently. Which people are going to use as either proof it isn't happening, or argue that means we can get there a third time, whichever fits their narrative.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    The list we've held the #1 spot on twice recently. Which people are going to use as either proof it isn't happening, or argue that means we can get there a third time, whichever fits their narrative.
    Allocation is pretty irrelevant.

  12. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    yeah...about all this

    That’s crazy talk. This league and its rules... stupid.

  13. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I doubt it will be him that we're looking at. I think we should we should be looking at a versatile forward though but obviously at TAM level only regardless of Bradley.

  14. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *IF* Giovinco were to come back, what jersey number would he take since Pozo has the 10? Take #11?

  15. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    *IF* Giovinco were to come back, what jersey number would he take since Pozo has the 10? Take #11?
    I'm pretty sure he is coming back so this is a really interesting/relevant question.

    Shaff was pretty invisible tonight, with Gallardo and Seba and Oso back this team is going to be really fun to watch again at BMO

  16. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is coming back so this is a really interesting/relevant question.

    Shaff was pretty invisible tonight, with Gallardo and Seba and Oso back this team is going to be really fun to watch again at BMO

    Upon reflection I think you give #10 back to Giovinco

  17. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    113 survivor
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the 1/100 chance Seba comes back, he's certainly not taking the No. 10 from the organization's new star, whose jersey is already on most racks, for a short-term stay.

    He wore No. 12 for Juve in the years leading up to his move, so I'd say that is most likely. Spent some time with Nos. 20 (Akinola) and 21 (Oso), but I guess Ayo isn't really in a position to refuse a change.

  18. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    In the 1/100 chance Seba comes back, he's certainly not taking the No. 10 from the organization's new star, whose jersey is already on most racks, for a short-term stay.

    He wore No. 12 for Juve in the years leading up to his move, so I'd say that is most likely. Spent some time with Nos. 20 (Akinola) and 21 (Oso), but I guess Ayo isn't really in a position to refuse a change.
    I'll take that bet!!
    I'll wager $100 he comes back. If he doesn't come back you keep my hundred.
    If he comes back you owe me $10,000

  19. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    In the 1/100 chance Seba comes back, he's certainly not taking the No. 10 from the organization's new star, whose jersey is already on most racks, for a short-term stay.

    He wore No. 12 for Juve in the years leading up to his move, so I'd say that is most likely. Spent some time with Nos. 20 (Akinola) and 21 (Oso), but I guess Ayo isn't really in a position to refuse a change.
    Giovinco likes star numbers. He won't go back to his Juve number 12, which I think was assigned to him. When given the choice he's worn 21 and 10 (Italy, Parma, and Toronto) and then when he went to Al-Hilal he took #9. I feel here he'd grab #11 or the now vacant #7. No chance he takes 12.

  20. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is some good news. Last night I was on tfc live Twitter reading the hate for vanney comments when I saw this tweet by this serie a writer. Rocco fassano
    He cliams he was the one who first broke the news of gio leaving Toronto.
    Anyways he says gio and tfc are just working out the financial numbers and that seba is coming back.

    https://twitter.com/CatenaccioNA/status/1152747093490114561?s=20

  21. #171
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,918
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Getting back with the ex?

    I'll get the popcorn.
    Nations League at BMO! Canada vs Cuba Sept 7th! Canada vs USA Oct 15th!
    Get tix in 112
    HERE

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  22. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    This is some good news. Last night I was on tfc live Twitter reading the hate for vanney comments when I saw this tweet by this serie a writer. Rocco fassano
    He cliams he was the one who first broke the news of gio leaving Toronto.
    Anyways he says gio and tfc are just working out the financial numbers and that seba is coming back.

    https://twitter.com/CatenaccioNA/sta...490114561?s=20
    Instant contenders if he returns.

  23. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Instant contenders if he returns.
    But how does the club get around the Allocation List assuming the Cap and DP issue can somehow be gotten around?

  24. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not that this will happen anyway but that's the least of the problems. The league makes things happen. At worst we give away allocation $$$ that might possibly magically appear.

  25. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have long argued that this may be happening... but anybody who claims he “broke” this story on January 30 cannot be taken seriously.

    This probably would require trading Bradley.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  26. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have long argued that this may be happening... but anybody who claims he “broke” this story on January 30 cannot be taken seriously.

    This probably would require trading Bradley.
    I think it’s quite likely that there are discussions. But I don’t see how they can pull it off. And the team, despite Vanneys bizarre line up from Saturday, is just starting to gell. So I cannot see it happening.

  27. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seba played wide in a 4-2-3-1 in the last Saudi season FYI. Batefmi Gomis was the lone striker.

    He's been playing as the playmaker in a midfield 3 during their preseason too.

    Just something to consider if you're thinking two striker partnership

  28. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seba played wide in a 4-2-3-1 in the last Saudi season FYI. Batefmi Gomis was the lone striker.

    He's been playing as the playmaker in a midfield 3 during their preseason too.

    Just something to consider if you're thinking two striker partnership
    can we sign Gomis then?

  29. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seba played wide in a 4-2-3-1 in the last Saudi season FYI. Batefmi Gomis was the lone striker.

    He's been playing as the playmaker in a midfield 3 during their preseason too.

    Just something to consider if you're thinking two striker partnership
    Right, he can play wide or centrally as well, even if it isn’t his ideal/preferred position. If he does end up coming back, he probably isn’t going to be dictating where he wants to play.

    It would give a bit more versatility in formation, but it could end up hurting the development of players like Sberg, make the Osorio TAM contract a bit silly, and/or make the neverending winger story and Gallardo signing a bit quixotic.

    We’ll see what happens, I guess!

  30. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is interesting

    https://deskgram.net/p/2093819636696013026_14084584504

    I think he met with Manning 5 days ago
    -he talks about exciting news coming up
    -then the 2nd picture has picture of gio and vv and morrow
    -then the 3rd picture has the podium where they announce new signings

    if this is true it is pretty obvious what he is saying without actually saying it

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •