Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have heard from a few people he wants out and has been knocking on MLSEs door, biggest question is whether hed take a pay cut which i dont believe he would. More likely he goes back to Italy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the one possibility i can see on the giovinco front is him agreeing a paycut for 6 months and signing on loan as TAM with the understanding that he becomes a DP player again next season when Bradley drops down to TAM or leaves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would only take him as TAM. He isn't going to get big bucks in Italy either, especially being 30+ and coming off a supreme failure in a shit league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would have to go through the allocation process...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    He would have to go through the allocation process...
    Generally yes but MLS often MLSes these things.

I think it's shite but weirder things have happened in this league.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Generally yes but MLS often MLSes these things.

I think it's shite but weirder things have happened in this league.
    Lets just say that IF he comes back and I'm not convinced he is, he's not going to Dallas. So TFC may have to trade for the top allocation, but it will happen.

There's no real evidence for this, though, everyone is reading the same tweets, one giving unnamed "sources" and the other quoting a kid.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-18-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Lets just say that IF he comes back and I'm not convinced he is, he's not going to Dallas. So TFC may have to trade for the top allocation, but it will happen.

There's no real evidence for this, though, everyone is reading the same tweets, one giving unnamed "sources" and the other quoting a kid.
    Oh I agree. I don't think it's happening but I would not be that surprised if he asked about coming back or expressed that to his agent. He hates it in Saudi and the only hope for any type of legit payday with a good family life is in MLS and he likes Toronto. I assume his family did too.

And I agree with the allocation thing. We'd have to give Dallas various allocation monies that they'd never use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nothing - but I think this is real.

Manning couldn’t talk sense to Seba, but now Seba has seen the reality of the deal he took in living colour.

I bet Manning can get him for less than he offered in January now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Manning couldn’t talk sense to Seba, but now Seba has seen the reality of the deal he took in living colour.

Pozuelo, Giovinco, Altidore OK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he does come back he better give a proper, sincere, meaningful apology.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Pozuelo, Giovinco, Altidore OK
    If TFC got a transfer fee from Mexico for Bradley coming mid-season it could be an interesting possibility.

I think it's not going to actually go through, although it's completely realistic that Giovinco deeply regrets putting cash ahead of common sense and wishes he had stayed here. Anyone who has worked in Saudi realizes what a terrible environment it is to raise a family. That's not the same as coming to a deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think we will or could get a fee for Bradley. We'd be very fortunate if someone just took on his contract, in truth. He is wildly overpaid.

If Bradley cannot be moved...Seba could get a gig in Mexico while he waits for TFC though....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think we will or could get a fee for Bradley. We'd be very fortunate if someone just took on his contract, in truth. He is wildly overpaid.

If Bradley cannot be moved...Seba could get a gig in Mexico while he waits for TFC though....
    I think he'd take a TAM-and-progressively-lower buydown to retire in Toronto.

Bradley has made his millions, between us, Italy Germany and Holland, and his family is a smart bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if they collectively have a piece of LAFC, given that it has some smaller celebrity investors.

I'm still not sure Giovinco has any gas left though. He looked seriously slowed last year, although the magic touch was still there on occasion.

Can't see him coming for sub DP, not sure he'd be scoring 15 again... although with Pozo setting him up, maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is he isn’t overpaid for us. He delivered what he was brought here to do - make this team respected, bring order to the locker room, and make it a winner. He did all of that. Worth every penny to us.

What he is worth now to it hrs is quite different and totally subjective.

What I care more about, is why did the wheels come off after the CCL run? Did he lose his influence? Was it sebas Unsettled contract? Just injuries and age? Personnel mistakes ie Beitashour? All of this has a bearing on Bradley’s value to us at this moment.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-18-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Well, I am overly influenced by the Raps probably, but my biggest takeaway in retrospect is that unbalanced roster construction is not sustainable.

You need good young cheap players. Cannot win without them. Our young cheap good players stopped being good in 2018. Also you probably should not have the 4th best and 5th best guy making 10% of what the third best guy makes. You are too exposed to injuries, and it is a recipe for locker room drama. It's way smarter to go 6 or 7 deep in terms of elite players.

That's what I notice about LAFC and Atlanta (or used to notice until I stopped watching 6 weeks ago! Load management. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.)
    Last edited by ensco; 06-19-2019 at 05:50 AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He should but it is MLS. Things happen.

And he was bad over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    he was benched. says it all
    I'll take your word for it. That said, he did go over there in the stretch run of their season, including Asian CL, while he was barely in pre-season form over here. I wouldn't expect him to be super-impactful in that situation for a team that was chasing a title. Say what you will about the talent levels over there, guys in stretch-run form, playing hard for a title, will be a bit out of sync with a guy who is in pre-season form. Never mind the culture shock.

Either way, him returning might be a boon to us, but it would definitely depend on what sort of deal it was. He's not quite the same player who tore up this league a few years back.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seba goes to Mexico there's no way he comes back. I definitely expected him not enjoying Saudi Arabia (if reports are true) but in Mexico he can live a comfortable life, could probably bring his family over, and would be playing high-level football with much more global relevance. There wouldn't be as much of a culture shock compared with Al-Hilal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Well, I am overly influenced by the Raps probably, but my biggest takeaway in retrospect is that unbalanced roster construction is not sustainable.

You need good young cheap players. Cannot win without them. Our young cheap good players stopped being good in 2018. Also you probably should not have the 4th best and 5th best guy making 10% of what the third best guy makes. You are too exposed to injuries, and it is a recipe for locker room drama. It's way smarter to go 6 or 7 deep in terms of elite players.

That's what I notice about LAFC and Atlanta (or used to notice until I stopped watching 6 weeks ago! Load management. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.)
    You have a fair point Enzo. Everything came together in 2017 (although 2016 was one hell of a ride) perhaps despite the roster construction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, whats this all about?

https://www.instagram.com/p/By76cNknPqx/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    When TFC hired on Giuseppe did that mean he was exclusive to them or could he still work with outside/existing clients?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to see here. Just a wild “Seba in the 6ix” blessing some training pitches with the fairy dust falling from his tiny boots.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Nothing to see here. Just a wild “Seba in the 6ix” blessing some training pitches with the fairy dust falling from his tiny boots.
    Ya probably just keeping fit with Giuseppe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overreaching on the first 3 strides. coulda got there a tenth faster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's at Jesse Ketchum school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When this topic went up, I expected the "now" in the title to be a more general now, not literally what he is doing this very second.
    Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post

All these clues. But what do they all mean?

Wasn't there a board game like this? Can't remember the name of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these clues. But what do they all mean?

Wasn't there a board game like this? Can't remember the name of it
    Maybe he’s staying at the 4Seasons again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    LOL that's frigging hilarious! My wife is a teacher there. She & her colleague actually asked some people to leave the field the other day, who were training during school hours while they were trying to run a gym class. She said it looked like they were training for track & field.... However based on how she described their coach, it doesn't sound like it was Giuseppe.