RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Discussion Thread May 15 - Which Bundesliga Team is TFC Most Like?

Celebrating (?) the return of big European soccer, we ask some banter questions worthy of discussing over a beer on a long weekend

If TFC were a Bundesliga Team, which would they be?

&

Which team would you like them to be?

&

If you don't have a team already, which team are you more likely to support based on your TFC experience?

E.g. Portland think they are St. Pauli but really are FC Koln

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to compare because of pro/rel, and because only one team wins every year. TFC until 2013 would have sank three levels in 4 years. So it would have been an 1860 Munich or similar, a big market team that disintegrated. Since 2013 they really are most like Bayern Munich in terms of the salary league table - 1st every year

Maybe an Eintracht Frankfurt overall? Big market, huge fan base, but they don't get much respect from the rest of German football (In their case, because they never win anything, in our case, because of the dough we spend and because Canada.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who we are most like. Since the defoe era, RB Leipzig. Spend money, gotten better and better from obscurity to top end of table.

Who I want to be. Bayern Munich. Guaranteed yearly championship with an important Canadian in Davies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of an impossible question.
    You could say Galaxy are Bayern.
    Seattle are Dortmund and Portland are Schalke.
    I like Red Bulls being Leverkusen and NYCFC being Wolfsburg.
    Sporting KC as BMG?
    Beyond that I cannot go...as long as Werder stay up! Werder: Small town team; no good; rabid support - I don't think we have that (yet) in MLS!!