0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almeyda masterclass again against us, no surprise lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can they not just play anyone else instead of Boyd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first road win for san jose since last august.

Vanney aren't you embarrassed??

so embarrassing,
    boyd is useless, hes a waste of space

I dont think i'll be as lucky for the KC game and sell my tickets, who in their right mind would buy tickets to this crap
    Last edited by stevep; 05-26-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you spell joke?

T-F-C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when do we decide to call the season a writeoff, and blow up the team, its just not good enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    How do you spell joke?

T-F-C
    They completely ran out of steam.

What a strange, disappointing match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/15 equals just a measly 6.66% of possible pts in the previous 5 games, if you were to go to school and have to pass a test that would be called a fail, and right now TFC is failing to meet expectations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney got outcoached today — badly.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Vanney gets outcouched every week!
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#VanneyOut #AliOut #TFCRestructure #Allforone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can they not just play anyone else instead of Boyd?
    Checks bench

• Bono
    • Zavaleta
    • Ciman
    • Boyd
    • Hamilton
    • Dorsey
    • Chapman

Other than Dorsey, I’m not sure who else can be called on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has to go, last season was bad enough and now this shit?

Laryea looked good but Vanney was playing him in the wrong position all season clearly. Deleon at forward is a joke too the guy gets the ball and cant make a decision or finish.

I liked what I saw from Fraser but his set pieces were pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrg, there are so many individual things I find wrong with this game. Rather rant on all of it let me say this: Laryea and Fraser can be useful players to this team but that will never happen if 1) they get no opportunity to play 2) Vanney continues to pigeon hole players into his system rather than looking at individual player attributes. Why did it take a 5-alarm fire in terms of roster shortages for Laryea to actually get a shot at RW? Why do we justify not giving minutes to younger players who could actually get better and instead play established players with no upside with some strange belief they will round into form? (aka Zavaleta and Boyd)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by romburgundy View Post
    Vanney gets outcouched every week!
    Actually I thought Vanney changing up the play and the formation was right on. The Quakes playing tackle football is hardly a clever strategy.

You can't make up for defenders who fall for the same trick twice.

Is it the coaching of those defenders or is it their quality? Not sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Story of the year

Offence doesn't trust itself

Defence can't concentrate

We had our chances but didn't take them.

The kids were alright. Fraser looked class in the Bradley role. Laryea was decent when not having to play defence.

When I saw the lineup, I knew we were not favourites. SJE is the sort of team right now who would give LAFC fits. Without 3 of our 4 best players, we were always in tough.

I'm at the point with our defence that if we don't score 3, I know we lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I liked what I saw from Fraser but his set pieces were pretty bad.
    I don't think he takes those in a game where we have a full roster. His clipped ball into the 18 in the first half was excellent thought (the rest, not).

He seems to have decent technique. I think a lot of it is just game rust / nerves. There were a few plays where he drove forward in the pocket and was in a great position to attack or create a chance. Earlier in the game he seemed to freeze up and make bad passes, but as time went on he got better in those situations.

Our midfield looks a lot better with multiple pivots and not just trying to play through Bradley all the time. Marky had his best game in ages (notwithstanding another damn missed header).
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-26-2019 at 09:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    And again, they stand in front of the ball.. multiple times, no card
    A very Concacaf game. MLS either starts to crack down on this or we just get used to being a dark arts league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More absolute bullshit from a team that’s clearly lost its way. The rot might have started before Curtis took over from Bez,but he’s certainly did nothing to stop it, let alone reverse it. This goes back to Manning dicking about Giovinco for a season starting with the win in 2017. He clearly had no intention of renewing the contract of the best player to don the red shirt. Also letting Betashour Hassler and Hagglund all walk away for free, it was clear downsizing was the strategy. Curtis clearly put too much hope in his “Belgian maestro” and ignored rest of the side, clueless to the fact that all he was doing was replace Vazquez, and ignoring the hole Seba’s departure would leave in the side, not to mention the balance Betashour and Morrow brought that made 3-5-2 a viable strategy.

Vanney also seems to have run his course. Yes he had inspirational moments in 2017, but he’s looked completely bereft of ideas since then. Why he gives Delgado a shirt week in week out when his form clearly doesn’t deserve it is beyond me. Why persist with 3-5-2 when you no longer have the players to make it work, equally as baffling?

Theres really no point in going on. The Raptors are MLSE’s blue eyed Boys this season, and TFC are back to the standards of 2014. Except we’re paying a helluva lot more for this mediocrity than we did back then.

Time for a complete rebuild from top to bottom and allow a new GM and manager 6 months to put together a team capable of a fresh run at the MLS Cup in 2020. However, I doubt MLSE care enough to bother. We had our moment in the sun in 2017. Can’t we just be grateful for that. Don’t be so greedy, MLSE have other franchises to manage. Just buy your season ticket and be grateful your watching the big leagues, after all they have the Argos to think about too, we do share our stadium with them don’t you know...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro says it's too early to push the panic button. I guess he's not reading here. Panic button is firmly pressed, lol.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toro...loss-san-jose/

He thinks a few reinforcements will turn it around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Molinaro says it's too early to push the panic button. I guess he's not reading here. Panic button is firmly pressed, lol.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toro...loss-san-jose/

He thinks a few reinforcements will turn it around.
    Yeah, I don't think that people understand what the playoff changes really mean. At this point, we cannot get top of the east. With the overwhelming home field advantage, you need to be top 3 to go deep in the playoffs. At this point, we're struggling to be 7th or 6th with a one game and done playoffs. July will be too late. We've dropped too many points that should have been ours.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning the whole thing in the playoffs is less of a concern to me than making them in the first place.

I also am not sure we can beat VCWC or the impact in the Voyageurs, even with home advantage.

Need to fix that defense and figure out how to get more than 1 goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Winning the whole thing in the playoffs is less of a concern to me than making them in the first place.

I also am not sure we can beat VCWC or the impact in the Voyageurs, even with home advantage.

Need to fix that defense and figure out how to get more than 1 goal.
    I’m not worried about Vancouver or the Impact this embarrassment of a team will not get past a CPL team the way they are playing if they play one in the Voyageurs Cup. Two good years after those disaster of seasons before 2015 now it looks like they are back to being an embarrassment again!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Arrg, there are so many individual things I find wrong with this game. Rather rant on all of it let me say this: Laryea and Fraser can be useful players to this team but that will never happen if 1) they get no opportunity to play 2) Vanney continues to pigeon hole players into his system rather than looking at individual player attributes. Why did it take a 5-alarm fire in terms of roster shortages for Laryea to actually get a shot at RW? Why do we justify not giving minutes to younger players who could actually get better and instead play established players with no upside with some strange belief they will round into form? (aka Zavaleta and Boyd)
    Good points , How many starts does Delgado get missing so many sure chances . He’d never start anywhere else with so many almosts . Given the chances we have to score , RE: Wanda . Teams love us , we simply pass all around the perimeter and then cough it up . I liked Laryea on his first start and thought here’s our winger and he has spunk . But I knew right away Vanney would ignore him , he’s not a machine which is all Vanney wants . Anyone who thinks this is entertains should pay for my tickets . We can’t even be exciting in our losses . Would love a coach with a heart instead of a robot . I’d love him to find his perfect robots and be successful somewhere else . And take glad boys Curtis and Manning with him . So hard to build the good will but so easy to tear it down .
    Last edited by jazzy; 05-26-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    More absolute bullshit from a team that’s clearly lost its way. The rot might have started before Curtis took over from Bez,but he’s certainly did nothing to stop it, let alone reverse it. This goes back to Manning dicking about Giovinco for a season starting with the win in 2017. He clearly had no intention of renewing the contract of the best player to don the red shirt. Also letting Betashour Hassler and Hagglund all walk away for free, it was clear downsizing was the strategy. Curtis clearly put too much hope in his “Belgian maestro” and ignored rest of the side, clueless to the fact that all he was doing was replace Vazquez, and ignoring the hole Seba’s departure would leave in the side, not to mention the balance Betashour and Morrow brought that made 3-5-2 a viable strategy.

Vanney also seems to have run his course. Yes he had inspirational moments in 2017, but he’s looked completely bereft of ideas since then. Why he gives Delgado a shirt week in week out when his form clearly doesn’t deserve it is beyond me. Why persist with 3-5-2 when you no longer have the players to make it work, equally as baffling?

Theres really no point in going on. The Raptors are MLSE’s blue eyed Boys this season, and TFC are back to the standards of 2014. Except we’re paying a helluva lot more for this mediocrity than we did back then.

Time for a complete rebuild from top to bottom and allow a new GM and manager 6 months to put together a team capable of a fresh run at the MLS Cup in 2020. However, I doubt MLSE care enough to bother. We had our moment in the sun in 2017. Can’t we just be grateful for that. Don’t be so greedy, MLSE have other franchises to manage. Just buy your season ticket and be grateful your watching the big leagues, after all they have the Argos to think about too, we do share our stadium with them don’t you know...
    Yup, ....don’t forget the over priced game day food and drink , while other teams seem to care about their fans experience . I think these dorks are waiting for the World Cup profits to pay for any improvements. Truly desperate unentertaining football from a coach who is clearly only thinking of his future after TFC .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow for me that was by far the most frustrating game in a long time.

Why the bloody fuck does Vanney take Morrow off, and let Morgan continue as LB, when Morgan already fell asleep during the buildup to the first goal, & then let himself get nutmegged? 2nd goal against was also from that side. Morrow should have slid back to LB and Morgan gone off.

We had our two 1st-choice defenders today, but they let in two goals on very few serious chances for San Jose. On the first goal, you can see that Moor's positioning and organisation is not always enough anymore. A striker like Wondo can easily beat him. Defending by both of them on the 2nd goal was just comical.

Liam Fraser looked better earlier in the season. (Or was that pre-season?) Had some great long-range passing then. Today not so much. Probably a bit of a deer in the headlights, having to play a major role w/o Bradley. That one freekick was amazing & should have been converted.

Yeah Laryea looked decent on the wing. That means that Vanney will likely never play him there again; Vanney still waiting for that magical unicorn winger to be signed.

TFC had stretches of good buildup; partly because San Jose isn't a great team in most areas of the field. But TFC can't finish; most of the time they were still afraid to shoot. And Jozy had a pretty weak game.

Vanney starts DeLeon as a nominal forward; leaves two forwards on the bench. Jozy gets isolated & abused for most of the game. By the end Vanney is frantically trying to salvage something, and he plays with 3 forwards. Why not just start with two strikers Greg?

Ref was a fucking idiot, I don't know where to start with that.

I continue going to go to games even when I really don't have time. But today felt like a punishment.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-26-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing Seba on the video board at BMO this evening, giving him a standing ovation and singing, 'Sebastian Giovinco' was the best part of the evening...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple question, how the heck do you not mark the MLS's all time leading scorer?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Simple question, how the heck do you not mark the MLS's all time leading scorer?
    I know right?

The first goal showed that Wondo is hard to mark.

On the 2nd goal, it was astounding how open they left him.