Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 128 of 128
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    My biggest evaluation of Curtis won't be his failure to get enough firepower to win the MLS Cup, he was in a hard situation when Seba left, it will be whether he has the cajones to get rid of Zavaleta.

    lol not gonna happen

  2. #122
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zavs is heading into his option year, IIRC. As he has had little playing time, I doubt he sticks around.

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The endless accusations around here about Eriq and Vanney are slanderous and disrespectful.

    Some people should be really embarrassed about what they are posting.

    I wish mods would police this.

    Vanney and Zavaleta have done nothing to deserve this. Zavs played when he played well, he didn’t when he didn’t.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Zavs is heading into his option year, IIRC. As he has had little playing time, I doubt he sticks around.
    For his sake and ours I am hoping Nashville select him. He is the kind of guy that type of expansion team would want. Not sure his salary is friendly enough but he is an experienced CB that could help a slow building expansion team for a few years.

  5. #125
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The endless accusations around here about Eriq and Vanney are slanderous and disrespectful.

    Some people should be really embarrassed about what they are posting.

    I wish mods would police this.

    Vanney and Zavaleta have done nothing to deserve this. Zavs played when he played well, he didn’t when he didn’t.
    I for one don't actually believe that Zavaleta is on the team due to nepotism. He was a known player before he played for his uncle. However his playing has declined significantly, does Curtis have what it takes to trade someone who played on the 2017 championship team?

  6. #126
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    For his sake and ours I am hoping Nashville select him. He is the kind of guy that type of expansion team would want. Not sure his salary is friendly enough but he is an experienced CB that could help a slow building expansion team for a few years.
    That would be good for everyone. Sometimes a change can bring out the best in a player. For TFC it would be an upgrade by subtraction.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I for one don't actually believe that Zavaleta is on the team due to nepotism. He was a known player before he played for his uncle. However his playing has declined significantly, does Curtis have what it takes to trade someone who played on the 2017 championship team?
    Of course he does. Or more precisely, they do.

    Zavs has been buried for months. He didn't even get in the 18 when Gonzalez went out, and 35 year old Drew Moor had to come out of the rocking chair for extra time in that game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked Zavs in 2017, but his last appearance led to a red card within 10 minutes of being subbed on. I said then that with that performance he played himself off the team. He's trying too hard, making mistakes, and getting frustrated. A change of scenery is probably for the best. I doubt we'll see him in 2020 in a red uniform.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •