Threaded View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ali Curtis evaluation thread

Ali Curtis was named January 3, 2019 as GM.

Here's what he's "accomplished" so far:

1. Drafted Griffen Dorsey. Has played 0 minutes so far.

2. Re-signed Tsubasa Endoh. Has played 0 minutes so far and doesn't really address any needs.

3. Re-signed Jordan Hamilton. Fairly decent as a secondary player, not a Jozy backup.

4. Signed Noble Okello from TFC II. Has played 0 minutes so far.

5. Signed Terrence Boyd. Underwhelming in the 6 games he's played.

6. Signed Quentin Westberg. This is really a Vanney signing, Curtis did the paperwork.

7. Signed Alejandro Pozuelo. Manning took the lead on this one, Curtis can't really take credit.

8. Signed Richie Laryea. Orlando cast off. Played 3 games, underwhelming player.

So in 4 months of work, when you exclude re-signing players, signing TFC II players, and players that should be credited to Manning or Vanney (or Bez in the case of Dorsey), he's managed to sign Terrence Boyd and Richie Laryea.

So tell me:

(a) Why did we sign a GM who couldn't find work anywhere else and seemed super-glad just to have a job? Couldn't we have waited and not rushed to find the first unemplyed GM who looks like a nice guy?
    (b) What exactly does Curtis bring to the table? So far the deals he's initiated look like they have failed to meet the team's needs.

I doubt they are going to fire Curtis so soon, but so far he doesn't look like he's delivering what we need to have a successful team. I like his personality, but personality is not enough.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-17-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto