Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I just skimmed through the game and they definitely looked fatigued, if fatigued is synonymous with bad.

One question beyond what others have been saying: why is Vanney insisting on having Pozo cross the entire pitch to retrieve balls? The one foul he committed was just outside our box, right beside Bradley.

Dropping back is fine, defending is fine, but he’s consistently so far back doing defensive work that it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
    I doubt that Vanney is insisting many of the things the players are doing. I base that on some of his interviews. Especially when things aren't going well, Vanney doesn't seem to have great strategies or ways to motivate them, and the players often seem to be do their own thing anyway. It's not a new phenomenon either; I've noticed that on & off since Vanney arrived. I think I mentioned it above already (e.g. when we used to always drop points after the other team went down a man).

On that play in particular, Pozuelo's frustration had been building, you could sense it watching that game. Before the 2nd yellow, he was kind of hacking at the player all the way across the field. It was just general bad mood, based on a tiredness in a crappy game with crappy teammates and crappy strategy from the coach. Definitely not something Vanney told Pozuelo directly.

Although there was probably a general request to all the TFC players, to press high, crowd the other team immediately when they have the ball, and don't let them do their thing. When TFC have done that in 2 or 3 games this season, they've looked pretty good, and they've limited the pressure on our weak defence playing that way. Yesterday most TFC players weren't doing that, due to whatever combination of tiredness and lack of motivation. So perhaps that sequence of Pozuelo was a bit of a temper tantrum towards his teammates, for capitulating.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    These guys are all good players and serve the roles well. I don't know why they aren't performing, but I think we all know they can do a job so these results really don't track.
    If you're right then coach and hopefully mgr have to go , the players are struggling with a Vanneys concepts for sure , or they’re shit . Surely that’s not the case , or a bit of both .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Zavaleta can't head the ball.

Wileman saying TFC should pick up Plata. I agree. Curtis?
    Haha. Did he? I was saying that at Shoeless Joe's. He looked good but he also makes $660k.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we got the scarves for Plata if he comes back. But he better be onside if he puts the ball in for us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER