Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because we've been doing this same shit for a year and a half already. It didn't start with Curtis.

We're doing exactly what we did last season. Exactly. 100% identical issues and problems. Nothing fixed. If we had new problems then sure but this has been here long enough to say the blame has to fall on Vanney.
    It's a chicken-and-egg problem. The roster has not been in a good condition for about a year and Curtis didn't even come close to addressing its issues.

Vanney is legitimately hamstrung by the lack of talent in several areas. But, he's also taking the approach of some stuff-shirt professor, who is stuck in theoretical problems rather than dealing with the practicalities of what resources he has at his disposal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Vanney is making GVW look like a genius
    I've been 100% pro vanney and against vdw in that argument. But man vanneys is proving us wrong just like vdw said he would. Didn't think that was possible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearly ended up with the TFC curse being activated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to post this after DC game.
    I thought after the DC game the team would just give up.
    The reason I thought they would give up is because they know in their hearts and minds that they are just not good enough.
    The cold hard realization that they are not good enough has set in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    players that gotta go:

auro
    zavalletta
    delgado
    morgan
    maybe even Morrow,

only good players, jozy, pozo, bradley, oso, ciman, mavinga, moor

rest are below average,
    I agree with your gotta go list but Auro could be bench depth. Can't dump 3 FBs in one go even though we probably should.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the CWNT, and the women's Champions League final, were both fun to watch today...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney did great in strategy with a good team, but he has trouble working out a pragmatic strategy for a mediocre team, which is what we have.
    Correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Does anyone believe that Zavaleta would be on this team if a new coach takes over?
    I can't believe he is a MLS player period.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It's a chicken-and-egg problem. The roster has not been in a good condition for about a year and Curtis didn't even come close to addressing its issues.

Vanney is legitimately hamstrung by the lack of talent in several areas. But, he's also taking the approach of some stuff-shirt professor, who is stuck in theoretical problems rather than dealing with the practicalities of what resources he has at his disposal.
    Agreed. It's both a depleted roster and a coach that isn't flexible enough to play a game that matches his players admittedly mediocre capabilities.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Keep taking our money MLSE this is a fucken joke fucken embarrassing!!!! Another thing where are the bloody fans in this league every time I watch an away game or a game not involving TFC the stands are always empty but yet this league keeps expanding!
    notmuch for the fans right now , yes they fake making money by giving the cheap owners their share of the expansion money , and don’t give a damn about the questionable quality drain and those empty seats . Watch even here many people will not be happy with this Manning , Curtis and Vanney shitshow . TO is sports market that doesn’t act kindly to bullshit from mgmt .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players that gotta go:

auro
    zavalletta
    delgado
    morgan
    maybe even Morrow,

only good players, jozy, pozo, bradley, oso, ciman, mavinga, moor

rest are below average,
    I think Bradley has to go too, TBH. If it's a cultural change we are looking for, Bradley's continued presence holds that back.

I see Morgan as sort of a non-issue. He really should be a third choice LB / utility guy. He's mainly here as an alumni. There's really nothing to gain by cutting him, we should just be using him less. The fact he's on the field should just signal the game is over and there's nothing to play for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol wow.
    Manning is arrogant.
    Ali isn't the right person

Auro
    Zavleta
    Delgado
    Morrow

Need to go.
    Mavinga is so underrated to TFCs defense.

Hamilton at best should be off the bench. Everyone looked exhausted.

Red card was weak, didn't see the first half . Was pozo already on a yellow ? Does this mean sanjose gets it easy again without one of our top players available .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic effort. Most of this squad are not good enough and they need to start again. A very selfish play by the Spaniard.

They should spend a bit more time on football rather than grooming to be in GQ.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well it's been real guys.

I don't think waiting for mid-season reinforcements was a great plan at all. But if there has to be a rebuild, better to start at midseason, and start thinking about next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm blown away by how poor the team has been.

But some of these ideas on here are even poorer. Let's lose guys like Delgado and Zavaletta before we start cutting everybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to post this after DC game.
    I thought after the DC game the team would just give up.
    The reason I thought they would give up is because they know in their hearts and minds that they are just not good enough.
    The cold hard realization that they are not good enough has set in.
    There are a lot of MLS teams with less talent playing better than us.

We have no legit 'plan B' gameplan. Unless the opponent is stupid like NYCFC & Orlando, teams know the formula to ruin us and we just keep 'playing our game' and fail over and over. Compared to every other MLS team I watched this season, we have the worst shape and too many players out of position per match. Basically everything points to either poor coaching or players just not listening. Either way, blow it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t watch this game. However, I did view the Poz redcard foul. In slow motion, it is clear that he didn’t touch the player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The East is so pathetic, it won't take that much to get into the playoffs. Well it would if we didn't give up goals that make every body turn into a Zombie for the rest of the game.

That charter plane ride home is going to be REALLY long. Something has to change in the giving a shit department.

The good thing is we have a core of decent guys to build on

Jozy
    Pozuelo
    Bradley
    Moor
    Mavinga
    Ciman
    Osorio
    Westberg
    Morrow (he was the best guy out there today people)
    DeLeon

The rest are backups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The East is so pathetic, it won't take that much to get into the playoffs. Well it would if we didn't give up goals that make every body turn into a Zombie for the rest of the game.

That charter plane ride home is going to be REALLY long. Something has to change in the giving a shit department.

Jozy
    Pozuelo
    Bradley
    Mavinga
    Osorio
    I've adjusted the list for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There are a lot of MLS teams with less talent playing better than us.

We have no legit 'plan B' gameplan. Unless the opponent is stupid like NYCFC & Orlando, teams know the formula to ruin us and we just keep 'playing our game' and fail over and over. Compared to every other MLS team I watched this season, we have the worst shape and too many players out of position per match. Basically everything points to either poor coaching or players just not listening. Either way, blow it up.
    Part of me wonders if during the past few games what we saw wasn't Vanney continuing to hammer away on some tactically ambitious plan. The guys aren't up to it and in typical Vanney fashion the message after is "we talked about" and "we're short in a few areas".

And so for someone who is legitimately trying their ass off (but maybe not succeeding) they take that as a punch in the gut. They know they didn't execute and want to come back better but it's just setback after setback. So at some point you're either emotionally drained and ineffective or you think to yourself "fuck this guy and his bullshit, he's sending us out there to fail"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Jozy
    Pozuelo
    Bradley
    Moor
    Mavinga
    Ciman
    Osorio
    Westberg
    Morrow (he was the best guy out there today people)
    DeLeon

The rest are backups.

This group of 'good ' players keeps getting repeated, but no player on this team is immune to criticism right now, especially after efforts like today, and quite frankly , this is not a 'today' thing. Something is not working, and it ain't just the scrubs fault....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. It's not that dire.
    We have some really good players.
    We just need 3 good starters
    Come on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to keep Morrow on the roster you need serious offensive firepower in front of him on the flank. Defensively he's solid. Other teams avoid that flank like the plague (also helps that our weakest links are all on the right side of the field).

But that said, he just can't keep anybody honest on the attacking side. They often just stand off him and allow the cross, usually hits the fist defender anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to keep Morrow on the roster you need serious offensive firepower in front of him on the flank. Defensively he's solid. Other teams avoid that flank like the plague (also helps that our weakest links are all on the right side of the field).

But that said, he just can't keep anybody honest on the attacking side. They often just stand off him and allow the cross, usually hits the fist defender anyway.
    Agreed - which is why we needed that left sided attacker.

The idea that this team was good enough with what it had to stay close until July just floors me given the same thing happened last year but insert "'we get everybody back from injuries" for "until July".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“We have cap problems”

Well that’s rich considering we also have more budget than 90% of the MLS teams out there. Maybe we should get better at scouting ?!?
    This messaging from them is total horseshit. Just say we are going cheap and call it a day. We have tons of garber bucks available to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/ What does "serious offensive firepower in front of him on the flank" have anything to do with whether he can defend or not?

2/ "Defensively he's solid". No he's not...see their 3rd goal ? He is far better going forward then defending.

3/ "Other teams avoid that flank like the plague". Maybe when Mavinga is playing left centre back, but not Morrow.

4/ "But that said, he just can't keep anybody honest on the attacking side. They often just stand off him and allow the cross, usually hits the fist defender anyway" Not sure what you mean there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw some great passing , and energetic football today , yup went to the woman’s friendly vs Mexico ....after watching the 2nd half of TFC ......we’re back to can we miss a few games
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    1/ What does "serious offensive firepower in front of him on the flank" have anything to do with whether he can defend or not?

2/ "Defensively he's solid". No he's not...see their 3rd goal ? He is far better going forward then defending.

3/ "Other teams avoid that flank like the plague". Maybe when Mavinga is playing left centre back, but not Morrow.

4/ "But that said, he just can't keep anybody honest on the attacking side. They often just stand off him and allow the cross, usually hits the fist defender anyway" Not sure what you mean there.
    1/ It's a tradeoff. Fullbacks need to attack and defend at this stage in MLS. He is only doing one side but he does that one side well. The fact we attack more down the right side than the left is even picked up by statistical programs like whoscored. So if you want balanced play down that flank you need to have someone who is more capable playing in front of him. Considering our obvious need for another goal scorer and wingers, having someone who can play as a left-sided FW seems like a slam dunk.

2/ disagree. That's one play, he has a longer track record of being a stable defensive presence.

3/ also disagree. Regardless of who is in the middle they pick on Auro far more frequently.

4/ Just watch how teams play Morrow when he receives the ball out wide. Do they ever bring over a second player to help defend him? (they do not) How much space is between him and the first defender? (quite a bit because they have no fear of anything he can do with that space) Is Morrow able to quickly receive a pass and move it forward to his teammates in a dangerous position? (he is not, unless you put it to him on a platter he is among the slowest players on this team at moving the ball)

To each their own i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t watch the game because I had other things to do, but I don’t think I’ll even bother watching it now.

There were a lot of people saying the issues with this team were very superficial and that we’d continue the amazing start we had. Goals for PPG Osorio stepping up blah blah blah.

Look who was right?

It isn’t Moor that made our defense work, it was a combination of Moor and Mavinga. We don’t get 70+% possession and 30+ shots against a team that is actually attempting to do something.

This squad isn’t a TAM winger away from the cup and they don’t even look good with the entire starting XI minus one player.

We won our cup at the right time, because this team isn’t very good currently, people are still getting injured constantly, and our FO has struggled to make even simple moves. Vanney isn’t adapting to what we have. There have been and still are clear mentality issues.

The FO has let us down (while lying to us).

Vanney is letting us down by not adapting and thinking TFC is going to play possession based football with a squad who can’t do it successfully.

Some of the players are letting us down either by just plain sucking or by having a weak or negative mentality.

There are positives to how TFC is playing, but as a whole it’s really not looking great.

Time to start pulling your heads out of the sand, ostriches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Curtis found the time to secure the new sponsorship with GE Appliances now when this team pisses me off I'll just go yell at my washer and dryer