Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Mista.
    THIS. and it's not even a contest.

Bradley provides the intangibles that we do not see from the stands and couches. All you need to do is look at how the other players talk about him to know that he is worth all the money and more. He had as big an impact on our ownership getting the right people in as our coaches and management did. His leadership is phenomenal and his skills when he's on are indispensable.

That being said he does not seem ON this year. Not sure if it's the contract talks or just fatigue from years of being an iron man or if the dressing room is still off. Last year probably took as much out of him as of anyone. He's so proud and hardworking that the shitshow that was 2018 must have hurt his motivation levels.

I hope we keep him and get back the motivated/hard nosed Bradley of old.

all my opinions as well but as was said above,

There is no Star
    There is no Treble
    There is no Jozy
    There is so much less emotion and advancement

if MB went elsewhere.

Jozy gets a statue for being Mr. Clutch, MB should get one for being the engine around which all of the success was wrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really glad for this thread so that posts like that can be made.

Also, I took pizzaeatingyeti to be saying that the clubs use of Bradley is the worst for a DP - not that he is.

Without the General, no Bloody Big Deal, no Seba, no Jozy, no class or structure and no club we could be proud of supporting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen him drunk or stoned. Speaking personally.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the stupidest fucking thread ever created.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    This is the stupidest fucking thread ever created.
    We could make it even more idiotic by turning it into a thread in which we classify players by the Bristol Stool Scale.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DMs are the most underappreciated player on a soccer team.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread devolved in 'worst DP of all time' when the real intention was signifying that Bradley was a great player being under-used. Last few games Bradley is seldom getting forward, the 1 time he did last game he earned the freekick leading to a goals. Against Philly away he scored 2 when flying into the box late. So the question is shoud Bradley be released from being a stay at home DM to be a free box to box DM instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian de Guzman was the most wasted DP in TFC's history. Instead of paying for a striker we overpaid for a cleanup man. In that era you could have played any no skilled banger and get the same job done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has terrible stats, doesn't score for shit. I don't get why we pay so much for the guy. WORST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread stinks. Bradley has been huge for the Reds over the years. He hasn’t scored many goals, but that’s not his role. Sure his contract needs to be re-negotiated when its up for renewal. He has given more than anyone over the years. The title of this thread really short changes his contributions. The most overpaid ever. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    This thread stinks. Bradley has been huge for the Reds over the years. He hasn’t scored many goals, but that’s not his role. Sure his contract needs to be re-negotiated when its up for renewal. He has given more than anyone over the years. The title of this thread really short changes his contributions. The most overpaid ever. Give me a break.
    You misread. He’s not saying Bradley is bad, he’s saying he’s not being used appropriately.

Keep in mind this is the exact same criticism USMNT supporters have of Bradley: when used properly, he’s great. When he’s not used properly, he’s not.

That’s a fair assessment.

Also, Bradley is probably the most overpaid DP of all time if you consider his quality and position. If Seba was the highest paid Italian until a certain striker went to China how could Bradley not be overpaid for a DM?

No one is saying Bradley is bad. Far from it. If was just a spitballing thread people took overly serious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post

Keep in mind this is the exact same criticism USMNT supporters have of Bradley: when used properly, he’s great. When he’s not used properly, he’s not.

A large chunk of USMNT fans think Bradley is bad. They have no clue what a DM does. Most of this comes down to them only watching World Cup games - the first game in the 2014 World Cup Jones had a great first half & Bradley a bad one - since then Bradley is a bum.

There is a reporter with the Atlanta Journal Constitution who has been anti-Bradley since they came into the league. Tried to engage with him about it but he just does a "will have to disagree with you on that".

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Surprised no mention of Hassli, is my memory playing tricks on me or wasn't an aging Hassli signed on a pointless half season DP deal in a season which was already a write off?
    He was traded from Whitecaps for draft pick in mid season,we sign him to replace Kovermans(injured) for the rest of the season,and we traded him by the end of the yea.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Mista.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Mista has to be, that dude was useless and in my eyes his signing was what caused the DeRo soap opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Worst DP ever
    MISTA
    You guys are 100% spot on.

Mista was so bad I even forgot he existed,not the mention played for us.That was million dollars well spent.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A large chunk of USMNT fans think Bradley is bad. They have no clue what a DM does. Most of this comes down to them only watching World Cup games - the first game in the 2014 World Cup Jones had a great first half & Bradley a bad one - since then Bradley is a bum.

There is a reporter with the Atlanta Journal Constitution who has been anti-Bradley since they came into the league. Tried to engage with him about it but he just does a "will have to disagree with you on that".
    He still had a fair amount of supporters after that, at least amongst people who had even a portion of their brain remaining.

It was really the T&T match that made people lose their minds and become completely nonsensical, like not wanting Jozy to play for the USMNT anymore.

Since then they’ve come around on people like Jozy (because he’s obviously the best striker they have when fit), but Bradley remains hated because the average person (someone mentioned above) has no clue what a DM does (or even a midfielder, probably).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I think the point the OP was making was *not* that Bradley is a waste, but rather the opposite - that he's all that for the team but his contributions have been wasted through poor structural utilization.
    It's impressive how many are misreading the OP.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    It's impressive how many are misreading the OP.
    I'd agree that playing Bradley far back is a waste of his talents. However, it's borne out of necessity.
    We desperately need a better defense. So far Curtis has failed in getting that part shored up. Surely there's decent defenders within MLS, no need to shop the foreign market.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the thread title could have been constructed in many other ways.

It paints Bradley as the subject when it should be the club. The add on assertion he's overpaid doesn't help that.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 05-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a little surprised at some of the views here.

The reason we could field two guys who contributed nothing defensively, plus Altidore (who had to track back on occasion) during a championship season was because of Bradley’s range, defensive cleanup work, and physical dominance in the midfield.

His play has dropped off more recently and is more of a TAM player instead of a DP. But again, he’s not a goal scorer nor is that his job. He’s less likely to get goals than a CB who moves up on corners.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we're on the topic of controversial views, one could say Jozy is overrated.
    Now he scored the biggest goal in our history.
    But from a DP and $ point of view, remember we kinda just swapped problems with Sunderland to unload Defoe.
    Jozy was underwhelming up until he got injured taking a PK. Unlike Bradley he has never won an RPB player of the year. He's still injury prone.
    Even Seba. We will always remember his prime, but his last season was forgettable. He was at times a liability on the field.
    Bradley spends way too much time covering for other players mistakes. He is the general out there every game. It may not be obvious on the stat sheet or highlight reel, but he is one of the most irreplaceable players we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    As long as we're on the topic of controversial views, one could say Jozy is overrated.
    Now he scored the biggest goal in our history.
    But from a DP and $ point of view, remember we kinda just swapped problems with Sunderland to unload Defoe.
    Jozy was underwhelming up until he got injured taking a PK. Unlike Bradley he has never won an RPB player of the year. He's still injury prone.
    Even Seba. We will always remember his prime, but his last season was forgettable. He was at times a liability on the field.
    Bradley spends way too much time covering for other players mistakes. He is the general out there every game. It may not be obvious on the stat sheet or highlight reel, but he is one of the most irreplaceable players we have.
    Last season Seba won the CCL Golden Ball, was involved in nearly every goal we scored in the tournament, and scored a bunch of goals during the regular season.

He was declining, but hardly a waste of a DP spot, and he didn’t have a forgettable season. Even if he was declining, the team itself was a mess which obviously impacts goal and assist tallies.

The $ value you spend on DPs doesn’t matter, and even if Bradley, Jozy and Seba were/are all overpaid (they probably were/are), it really doesn’t matter.