Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm sorry but if people suggest you see better off a TSN feed then from live, that I will NEVER agree with. I stand but what I say - the tendency on this forum & in others I have seen is for people who see a game live to have a way more negative vibe then those who were there live. It was particularly striking on Wednesday night.
    HARD agree on this one. The possession and interplay and off-ball movement were cheer-worthy. And, yeah, you can't see that on TV.

Frustrating that we can't get on aerial balls. That was the difference the last time we had to face a bunker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guyz guyz guyz,

We're # 1 at something!!!
    "Toronto FC break MLS record for most shots without a goal in draw with D.C. United"
    https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/5/...ted-highlights

You could say, we already won the first part of the Treble for this year!

Or maybe the first part was "we're signing somebody in 1-2 weeks," and the DC game was the second part of the Futility Treble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm sorry but if people suggest you see better off a TSN feed then from live, that I will NEVER agree with. I stand but what I say - the tendency on this forum & in others I have seen is for people who see a game live to have a way more negative vibe then those who were there live. It was particularly striking on Wednesday night..
    I was there too and being there in person makes it worse than TV (for me anyways). On TV you miss a lot of off the ball stuff which could work either way but in our case lately, it allows me to freak out and throw my hands in the air at how many of our players do no runs and just stand there static when we have possession until the ball has to go back to Bradley then Zavaleta then to Westburg to Mavinga and back to Bradley to repeat the whole useless cycle again. The excitement like I said earlier was because everyone felt a goal had to happen. With that dominance it was expected and it never happened thus disappointment but the moans and groans were going good for the last 15 minutes or so.

You are 100% right about the passing being better. It was abysmal at Atlanta and here against Philly. Also we did at least try to move the ball faster. It did get up to the final third much faster than it has all season but it stalled there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was there too and being there in person makes it worse than TV (for me anyways). On TV you miss a lot of off the ball stuff which could work either way but in our case lately, it allows me to freak out and throw my hands in the air at how many of our players do no runs and just stand there static when we have possession until the ball has to go back to Bradley then Zavaleta then to Westburg to Mavinga and back to Bradley to repeat the whole useless cycle again. The excitement like I said earlier was because everyone felt a goal had to happen. With that dominance it was expected and it never happened thus disappointment but the moans and groans were going good for the last 15 minutes or so.

You are 100% right about the passing being better. It was abysmal at Atlanta and here against Philly. Also we did at least try to move the ball faster. It did get up to the final third much faster than it has all season but it stalled there.
    Agreed. You get caught up in the atmosphere, have a singular viewpoint, and you don’t get the emotional detachment necessary to evaluate what’s going on.

I watch a lot of football here and overseas and go to as many games live as I can worldwide, but watching it is a different experience that allows you to see things more objectively.

Love crowd energy, love seeing it live, but watching on TV provides you a more objective viewpoint unless you’re entirely detached and wandering the stadium or focusing on a certain player’s performance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Guyz guyz guyz,

We're # 1 at something!!!
    "Toronto FC break MLS record for most shots without a goal in draw with D.C. United"
    https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/5/...ted-highlights

You could say, we already won the first part of the Treble for this year!

Or maybe the first part was "we're signing somebody in 1-2 weeks," and the DC game was the second part of the Futility Treble.
    I thought that stat would be in their favour but I guess we can flip anything.

Don't let me interrupt the pile-on day before match day...

Not saying it's not frustrating. Not saying more can't be done but it ain't shots.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I thought that stat would be in their favour but I guess we can flip anything.

Don't let me interrupt the pile-on day before match day...

Not saying it's not frustrating. Not saying more can't be done but it ain't shots.
    I mean, DC just let us take the shots and didn’t seem to care. Didn’t seem like they cared if we had 70 or 90% possession.

That said, it’s not a good stat when it comes to our finishing and precision which were “we don’t get many shots but we score most” comments from earlier this season.