Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradleys passing last 2 games has ben abysmal, get him off the ball let others make the key pass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    With USA U20
    I see. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, Osorio didn’t learn from the yellow the other game. Still diving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D.C. is just daring us to score a goal and we look toothless without the Pozo-Altidore combination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    D.C. is just daring us to score a goal and we look toothless without the Pozo-Altidore combination.
    Yep. I’m wondering about midfield Mavinga too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're 11 back bunkering until subs come in but TFC has no one besides Hamilton commiting to the attack. Its bunker vs no attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a run by Mavinga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is now playing... what position?

He’s playing like goalline to goalline...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canouse misses ball completely and full on kicks Delgado directly in the shin. Caldwell: “I didnt see anything in it.”

He is such a qwaulity commentator.
    Road Games: ‘16-PHL,MTL,MTL(ECF); ‘17-CLB,ORL,NYC,DCU,CHI,MTL;
    ‘18-MTL,NER,OTT,ATL,MTL; ‘19-MTL; ‘22-MTL​;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Mavinga is now playing... what position?

He’s playing like goalline to goalline...
    Full field sweeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god man. Talk about a game where one goal feels like double what you'll need to win.

This is embarrassing if we don't pick up 3 points here. Even Seattle in the 2017 final attacked more than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god man. Talk about a game where one goal feels like double what you'll need to win.

This is embarrassing if we don't pick up 3 points here. Even Seattle in the 2017 final attacked more than this.
    Olsen will change it at the half. He won't leave a two-man top out there. Shut up shop, steal a point in the second half. He'll anticipate Vanney being stubborn, telling them to push it wide more and cross it it instead of drifting central, which is clogged.

So expect D.C. to push wide themselves, change the focus to a counter along the wings or via the switch.

As usual, we look lovely but aren't getting it done.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if DC came out with wingers, and tried to get in behind DeLeon. Mavinga then has to cover behind him, leaving gaps for the other winger or a striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So frustrating DC lined up to park the bus until late game subs can jump on to get the win, while TFC has no attacking punch whatsoever, just a bunch of guys content to pass it around the perimeter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer if Osorio worked to get the ball back when he loses it rather than stop and complain to the ref

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Olsen will change it at the half. He won't leave a two-man top out there. Shut up shop, steal a point in the second half. He'll anticipate Vanney being stubborn, telling them to push it wide more and cross it it instead of drifting central, which is clogged.

So expect D.C. to push wide themselves, change the focus to a counter along the wings or via the switch.

As usual, we look lovely but aren't getting it done.
    The longer it goes the more Mavinga and Bradley are going to start pushing into the attack, making us more vulnerable to counters, especially since then it'll just be the two slowest guys on the squad back there.

We had 79% possession, I've never seen an opposing team so disinterested in scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we dont need any signings at this time, our team is perfect isnt it Ali ?? no final attack and it may be smart to play your youth but that shouldnt be the final product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer it goes the more Mavinga and Bradley are going to start pushing into the attack, making us more vulnerable to counters, especially since then it'll just be the two slowest guys on the squad back there.

We had 79% possession, I've never seen an opposing team so disinterested in scoring.
    Hamilton is the only one pushing the 5 man backline everyone else 15 yards back. What a terrible half this is a giveway game by DC, they only hope to get a point or steal a win late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same mediocre rubbish we’ve been fed for most of the season. Too much reliance on Pozuelo to do everything. The guy is obviously talented but worth a multi million dollar salary? I’m not so sure. Auro is one of the worst players I’ve seen Don the red shirt. He’s had two chances on a plate and fluffed them both. Every time he attacks down the right it’s the same thing. Rather than take on the full back and put over a telling cross, he either turns back or passes inside. Whoever thought this guy was an adequate replacement for Betashour should be fired on the spot. Delgado hasn’t kicked a ball all season yet he’s guaranteed a start. Why doesn’t Vanney give Chapman a start God knows he can’t be any worse. We’re absolutely toothless in attack and completely devoid of ideas. It’s either a speculative shot from the edge of the box with four or five DC players in front of the shooter, or we get to the byline and hit a mindless, aimless, ball into the middle in the hope a TFC player can get on the end of it. We really need to give some thought to the Altidore situation. He is our singular striking option but spends too much time injured. Is really hurt or just content to pick up a season’s wages for half a season’s work. Curtis need a kick in backside for thinking we could go into the season with Hamilton as the sole back up for Altidore. Try big Canadian tries his heart out but the truth is he'll never be more than TFC II level. At least Moor and Mavinga look stable but they haven’t really been tested and there’s still time for the coach’s nephew to screw up and cost us before this game is out. Again, whoever made the decision to keep Zavaleta and let Hagglund go, should be fired on the spot. NH might have had his weaknesses but he borough balance as well as a goal threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaand, right on cue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange substitution to take DeLeon off at the half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gameplan for Olsen pretty obvious now. He told his guys to buy them 45 mins so that they could limit the big guys before they play Houston this weekend.

I would be upset it worked so well but the way we were attacking, them opening up probably helps us more than it does them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen Hagglund now? Plus we got a ton of $$$ to not use for him. That was a good deal for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gameplan for Olsen pretty obvious now. He told his guys to buy them 45 mins so that they could limit the big guys before they play Houston this weekend.

I would be upset it worked so well but the way we were attacking, them opening up probably helps us more than it does them.
    But why didnt Bradley jump forward as an Am instead of sitting back with the 3 defenders covering no one. Awful 1st half strategy now theyre up against it 2nd half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hits tha' target, it's all you can do," Caldwell says, ignoring the part about goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well put on Boyd. Can't be any worse than Hamilton. If that fails toss Zavaleta up there. At least he can't cost us a goal there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Might as well put on Boyd. Can't be any worse than Hamilton. If that fails toss Zavaleta up there. At least he can't cost us a goal there.
    He was a bit unlucky in that first half, with the crossbar and the volley being right in front of Hamid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS predicted, DC have moved to a three-man front.

Edit: I may be wrong. Caldwell says they're in a 352 still. Arriola and Acosta are definitely wingers though, not fullbacks.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-15-2019 at 08:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freaking SHOOT THE FREAKING BALL
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado wtf!!!! My god if anyone needs a change of scenary its him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro and Delgado.... one of you take a fucking shot for fucksake!