Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly... ricketts was twice the player boyd was and offered something different with his speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    We need quality footballers...

Hamilton and Delgado are not good enough. Neither is Morrow anymore.

Oso had a shit game as well.
    Well, imagine that. We’re playing our Starting XI minus Jozy. The goals aren’t coming like they were apparently supposed to. It wasn’t hard to see that before, and now it’s just obvious.

No one looks good in front of the net and Pozo isn’t going to get out from that many defenders to get chances. Only thing missing from this match that is a DC red card or two to ensure we don’t win. Not being able to break down bunkerball is a regression. No one has the hunger to score goals apparently. There’s no one coming off the bench to help.

We had chances. A whole bunch. There were stretches of the game we looked good. Hamid made the saves, but slow, weak shots right to the keeper probably helped.

Pozo looked good. Our defense looked pretty good (Nephew is Nephew though). Mavinga played very well. Bradley was good for most of the game too.

Everyone else either outright sucked or made some terrible mistakes.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 05-15-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More utter crap from a TFC side that’s clearly lost it’s way. Ali Curtis simply has to be replaced before the next transfer window opens and God’s knows how his replacement will fix the mess he’s made of this team. It could well be that Vanney’s time is up as well. From his line up to his subs he clearly didn’t have a clue tonight. I’ve spent more enjoyable time at the dentist than watching that utterly clueless performance tonight. We saw one side move top of the division tonight and another move closer to mid-table mediocrity. Make no mistake club needs major surgery from top to bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    This team with Giovinco was shit last year as well F off with your Giovinco agenda already hes shit in the Saudi league. Arent you done with TFC already?
    Maybe if manning had sorted out a deal when we were champions we might still have the little maestro instead of a player who pulls off a class move 50% of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get to watch this match but I'm surprised at the level of anger towards the squad on this site. Of course, I agree with being pissed at not shooting for the stars, but on a realistic level this season was always going to be like 2014/15. Players like Delgado aren't as useless as some would like to think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game live very different from what people not there saying.
    35 shots. Lots of quick ball movement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly - whoever signed Terrence Boyd for TFC should be fired - immediately.
    It seemed Curtis went on a bargain hunt signing every average MLS player up for grabs to fill the squad. Boyd, Ciman, DeLeon, are not players who will win you championships.

You really have to wonder why Bez, Séba, Vazquez, and Hagglund all left at the same time. I’d go higher than Curtis and ask questions of Manning and MLSE. It seems one record breaking season was good enough for them. Ever since it’s been downsizing and cutting costs, or at least it certainly looks that way

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley in the second half bossed things. Bad shooting and Delgado not confident. Fun game to watch. Defence solid. When they brought on their big guns, we held them. Lots of good in that game but somebody needs to start scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Didn't get to watch this match but I'm surprised at the level of anger towards the squad on this site. Of course, I agree with being pissed at not shooting for the stars, but on a realistic level this season was always going to be like 2014/15. Players like Delgado aren't as useless as some would like to think.
    He’s been utter rubbish for over a season now. Yet Vanney always starts him ahead of Chapman, every single effin time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    He’s been utter rubbish for over a season now. Yet Vanney always starts him ahead of Chapman, every single effin time
    Chapman can't defend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's really not that bad, man. And he's a completely different player from Chapman.

In general, I definitely feel like there's a grudge against Delgado for that CCL miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly... ricketts was twice the player boyd was and offered something different with his speed.
    Ricketts was twice the player Boyd is because of the speed haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Game live very different from what people not there saying.
    35 shots. Lots of quick ball movement
    Ten of those were blocked by DC packing the box.

I mean, we had about half our possession in the final third, so the domination was obvious. The lack of creativity however was equally glaring.

On a couple of occasions the ball almost ran away from us, forcing one of our players to keep it moving with a last-second stretching touch. Those occasions, where we gave them a whiff of stealing the ball but held it, created more chances than any of the tic-tac-toe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of good in that game but somebody needs to start scoring.
    Problem is, we don’t have “healthy” players that can be counted on to do that.

Our creative side is just Poz, and he’s gonna get tired real quick as the season progresses having already played a full season before coming here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd, Hamilton are not good enough... plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore is the only one who can score and hes injured 1/2 the time... FTC seriously need other options

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seemed Curtis went on a bargain hunt signing every average MLS player up for grabs to fill the squad. Boyd, Ciman, DeLeon, are not players who will win you championships.

You really have to wonder why Bez, Séba, Vazquez, and Hagglund all left at the same time. I’d go higher than Curtis and ask questions of Manning and MLSE. It seems one record breaking season was good enough for them. Ever since it’s been downsizing and cutting costs, or at least it certainly looks that way
    Bez was in charge when we got DeLeon & Ciman so...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve buffery reporting Deleon was pissed for being taken of at half against his former team. He was aggressive and playing well. Yet somehow Delgado and Zavaleta manage to stay on the pitch when we're trying to score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney in the presser basically saying team needs more firepower without Jozy & he has been saying that for a while. I'd like to see the video to get the nuance of that comment but it's sounds less like a "Ali you messed up" comment & more a "these guys gotta get better" thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Steve buffery reporting Deleon was pissed for being taken of at half against his former team. He was aggressive and playing well. Yet somehow Delgado and Zavaleta manage to stay on the pitch when we're trying to score.
    He was aggressive but DCU let him have the ball as he has no left foot so provided no width. Morrow on was the right choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a frustrating game to watch. TFC had 71.3% possession and 13 shots on goals (34 shots, I believe). TFC should have won by several goals, but there is no quality finishing. The team just seems to look for Pozo to do something. This is happening when Pozo is getting triple teamed by DC.

If someone can explain when Hamilton and Boyd should continue, I’d love to hear it. They just stink.

I’ll give credit to our defence today. They all played pretty well, even Zavaleta too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    Altidore is the only one who can score and hes injured 1/2 the time... FTC seriously need other options
    2/3 of the time this season actually

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Altidore - no chance offensively.....until there are are other reasonable alternatives up front (ie. we sign forwards who are better quality than what we have in Hamilton, Boyd, Akinola, etc.), this team will simply struggle to score goals, save for a few miracle plays every few weeks by Pozuelo....I predicted before the season started that if Altidore played the equivalent of 25 games (2250 minutes or just under 3/4 of the season), they would be a playoff team somewhere in the middle (3rd-5th), if he plays significantly less than that, they are a 7th-10th place team in the conference.....he has already missed 6.5 games out of 11..... based on my predictions unless he only misses another 3 games or so this year, I don't see this team being a playoff team as presently constructed.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really have no idea what most of you are going on about

TFC played a totally dominant game, except putting the ball in the back of the net - i get that part

but by the comments on here you'd think we just stunk up the joint

we dominated, completely

if we play like that game in and game out we'll easily be in the playoffs and with the summer window a top team to challenge to the end

it sucks that we didn't sign anyone for sure but tonight was the most exciting game i've been at in a long, long time

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was aggressive but DCU let him have the ball as he has no left foot so provided no width. Morrow on was the right choice.
    Morrow on was good. But Deleon should have stayed on the pitch regardless. He was clearly motivated to perform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so whats jozy s issue this time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i really have no idea what most of you are going on about

TFC played a totally dominant game, except putting the ball in the back of the net - i get that part

but by the comments on here you'd think we just stunk up the joint

we dominated, completely

if we play like that game in and game out we'll easily be in the playoffs and with the summer window a top team to challenge to the end

it sucks that we didn't sign anyone for sure but tonight was the most exciting game i've been at in a long, long time

it is funny how two people can see something so differently. I thought it was a snorefest.The New England game and the NYCFC game and especially the Minnesota game were exciting.
    I was at the game tonight and I just sat there watching the game blankly with no emotion, no excitement at all because I knew we couldn't score.
    There is no talent to score. We need Jozy and Giovinco back.
    It was a total exercise in futility. Other TFC games you always felt we can come back and tie, we can score goals , win games. There was a faith in the squad.
    This group tonight tried hard I will grant you that, but they no quality to finish. none whatsoever.

This team is now BORING to watch. This has been 3 home games in a row of boring football. It's quite sad for me actually as I love going to TFC games.
    Is 2016 season and 2017 every going to come back?? Boy do I miss that. It is so boring and dull football now its actually really sad for me.

PS: Hamilton that shot on net on was that of a child's. That was bad. Hopefully think little stretch has shown everyone that Hamiton and Ayo are TFC2 level
    Last edited by stevep; 05-15-2019 at 11:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read all the posts here yet but I thought TFC had energy tonight that we haven't seen in a few games. We did everything but score despite some decent shots. A number of blown shot attempts too. Just didn't have a finisher. DC's game plan was to park the bus and try to counter. That almost backfired on them. I think they only mustered up a few counters and I don't think they had a shot on net all game. Very disappointing to get a draw. Oh well I got a fanny pack....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Style of play is still the same, when we won our first couple of games. Communication sucked then, and still does now.
    We can beat low tier teams, but won't be winning the cup.
    Someone did a poll earlier, before season started, and it's going to be spot on come end of regular season.
    What we saw today is the best of the players abilities to play off one another.
    Got lucky that DC didn't score on there counters. They had a couple of good chances.