Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't understand why we don't keep pushing forward? We pause and then let them regroup. Hamilton is now surrounded by white shirts. What the hell is he going to do in that situation?

That and the constant passing in the box. Just take the damn shot because giving it to Pozuelo when he is surrounded isn't going to work....and that's if the pass even makes it to him.

That is basic stuff. Why can my entire section see this but the guys on the field can't?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the most parked bus I've seen in my life. We had Moor & Mavinga & Zavs parked just outside of their 18 for most of the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I so agree with this. And over the last little bit I've seen a marked confidence in his touch/passing and willingness to shoot the ball. The guy is perfectly serviceable.
    That’s the thing. He is, but in this system the flaws are more glaring and impactful especially when playing teams on the counter.

That said, I don’t trust him to score at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I really don't understand why we don't keep pushing forward? We pause and then let them regroup. Hamilton is now surrounded by white shirts. What the hell is he going to do in that situation?

That and the constant passing in the box. Just take the damn shot because giving it to Pozuelo when he is surrounded isn't going to work....and that's if the pass even makes it to him.

That is basic stuff. Why can my entire section see this but the guys on the field can't?
    One the one most egregious Hamilton play when he held on and let 4 players surround him only to fluff his shot, I seem to recall Poz yelling at him to just shoot the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not going to piss on jhams.he is who he is.a 70 k 3rd string striker that took a pay cut to stay with the team.i blame management for this.they know that jozy will miss 10 to 15 games a year and yet they go cheap on his back up year after year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not going to piss on jhams.he is who he is.a 70 k 3rd string striker that took a pay cut to stay with the team.i blame management for this.they know that jozy will miss 10 to 15 games a year and yet they go cheap on his back up year after year.
    Of course. Very few people were deluded enough to think Hamilton could start up top by himself and still be effective and productive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Of course. Very few people were deluded enough to think Hamilton could start up top by himself and still be effective and productive.
    never mind the fans...the club is delusional to think that.year after year they go cheap.at least we had gio to pick up the slack.they have blown 8 points at home because of a lack of finishing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone figured out why we signed Boyd?
    With the new playoff format all of these lost points matter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't peeing on him but when you are with the ball and nobody between you and the goal, take your shot.

I thought Boyd had a decent hold up play game last night - final touch has been off but his first touch is an improvement on Ricketts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I thought Boyd had a decent hold up play game last night - final touch has been off but his first touch is an improvement on Ricketts.
    I didn't see much in him good or bad because he didn't have a lot of opportunities yesterday but I saw enough of Hamilton to think that Boyd should get a full start on Saturday. At least he runs and at worst, will hold the ball up and maybe bang a round a bit in the box. Hamilton shies away from crosses and doesn't physically contest anything. He gladly stands behind the defenders hoping the ball happens to fall his way and if anything, he is a spectator. He has no impetus. He is just 'there'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't peeing on him but when you are with the ball and nobody between you and the goal, take your shot.

it was jus a general statement.i wasnt insinuating that you are peeing on him..lol
    im jus frustrated with the management not vanney the other 2 dudes.that talk a big game and have nothing to show for it.all the home blown points already.lucky if we make the playoffs at this rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I didn't see much in him good or bad because he didn't have a lot of opportunities yesterday but I saw enough of Hamilton to think that Boyd should get a full start on Saturday. At least he runs and at worst, will hold the ball up and maybe bang a round a bit in the box. Hamilton shies away from crosses and doesn't physically contest anything. He gladly stands behind the defenders hoping the ball happens to fall his way and if anything, he is a spectator. He has no impetus. He is just 'there'.
    Yes he is just there.
    I think the Hamilton, akinola experiment is over.
    In a way it's good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Yes he is just there.
    I think the Hamilton, akinola experiment is over.
    In a way it's good.
    I wouldn't give up on Akinola just yet. He hasn't had a lot of opportunities. Hamilton has had a few years and never really established himself as MLS ready. He is probably average USL to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind the fans...the club is delusional to think that.year after year they go cheap.at least we had gio to pick up the slack.they have blown 8 points at home because of a lack of finishing.
    How badly to you have to screw up on talent evaluation / roster decisions to go from telling this guy last off-season he barely has a job to making him definitively your second choice striker?

I agree with you. I think he’s a decent depth guy on the roster but shouldn’t be up too by himself starting. That’s not setting anybody up for success

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people, including me, forget that up until 4 months ago, this team

• thought it had 2 DP strikers
    • thought it had a TAM long ball passing AM
    • played 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 exclusively

Given what they are trying to do without a full off season & pre season, I'll take where they are right now offensive wise, especially the last couple of games where they actually tried to penetrate quickly as against the swing the ball around the back approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    thank you

everyone calling hamilton shit.
    Hes not, this is just not his style.

He needs a partner or someone closer behind him.
    He has decent passing / flick ons, he can poach, he can hold the ball up when he has to but he cannot create plays. Not yet anyways.

my problem with Hamilton is he is does use his strength and he doesnt take balls down like a elite striker can. hes a big dude who can shoot.
    This is far more fair. hamilton isnt experienced enough to dominate against two CB's as a lone striker, but given a bit of space he scores - so he needs to play up in a '2". He is a good young player who has the gift of putting the ball in the net. But can't bully pro level defenders the way Jozy can and shouldnt be asked to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch Hamilton next time you are at a game - just him. Not the ball or the play. I have, and its revealing. You'll see that what you have posted isn't remotely true - he makes numerous runs and no one passes him the ball. He must be incredibly frustrated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Watch Hamilton next time you are at a game - just him. Not the ball or the play. I have, and its revealing. You'll see that what you have posted isn't remotely true - he makes numerous runs and no one passes him the ball. He must be incredibly frustrated
    I watched him all this and last year. I stick to what I said. His runs are half hearted and are just jogging. When he gets the ball he can't dribble at all and if he is forced to then it's a disaster like the scuff last night. He is a periphery player that allows himself to be pushed to the periphery. All he has is a decent shot (at times) and decent instincts to get into a poachers spot a few times a match but often his poor finishing ruins those chances. He will never be a good MLS forward here or anywhere else. What you see with him now is all he will ever be and that's not good enough.

I understand he gets favor because he is Canadian but he is not even good MLS depth. Not anymore anyway.

Also on my watching closely at matches list is Delgado and he isn't fairing much better. Last year I studied the work of Zavaleta and there's no need to continue that this season as he is what he is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game live very different from what people not there saying.
    35 shots. Lots of quick ball movement
    respectfully you are sounding like Vanneys post speak , for me and my local , it was possibly the most frustrating game since the Seattle loss , which btw , Vanney has stubbornly learned nothing , we’re back . The teams first touch consistently is horrendous . The give always in the mid were abysmal . I hate predicting the style and opposition tactics but it was very easy , as usual for a coach to tie or win vs us . Vanney is either ready to go, mad , stubborn or not good enough . This is the same team for the last year resurfacing bad habits the were covered up by Vasquez , Seba and very seldom when he plays Altidore . Newer league teams are more consistent and structured . Worst of all mgmt ? Coach , Fans refuse to see the impotency . I have to think there is coach who lightens the technical obligations on team not equipped to perform to that standard and gets fairer results . It’s not Vanney . Give him a team with the talent , and maybe , but we don’t hand won’t have it this year . Altidore , big mistake , Bradley , too many give always and not always looking for , Poz, always to far back for DP$ , Many others for god sake has anyone heard of first touches and quick shots . All are aiming (easily read) shots . I don’t even think a few upgrades will help . As a fan base we’ve gone from a respectful high ( Lewicke to the low of mediocre money mgrs ) . Our team will hurt and the true fans are being simply disrespected with the downgraded live experience we have now . Again respectfully . 🤐
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just watched the highlights. Had to be 5-6 decent chances from edge of the box or just outside that TFC missed. Actually not just missed, but not even taken properly.

We can’t score from any kind of distance, so teams are packing the box and taking their chances.
    and that’s the season live or not . Till something major happens . Till next years price increase .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    respectfully you are sounding like Vanneys post speak , 蘿
    When I posted that, I was on the streetcar heading to Union within 15 minutes of the game end. I think we had just turned south on that little bit of Bathurst. Raptors were missing shots...streetcar was getting less noisy as we went along.

So...respectfully....no I was giving my own opinion about the game I saw from the stands. People disagree, fine with that. Just found it interesting in that very moment how negative the people watching were compared to the feeling I got from the crowd.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-16-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...respectfully....no I was giving my own opinion about the game I saw from the stands. People disagree, fine with that. Just found it interesting in that very moment how negative the people watching were compared to the feeling I got from the crowd.
    That's because with that level of final third possession and chances it seemed unfathomable that the goal wouldn't come........but here we are.

Judging by live action in the crowd in a game like that isn't a fair judgment. Something like this needed to be thought about afterwards and I bet more people are disappointed than pleased.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but if people suggest you see better off a TSN feed then from live, that I will NEVER agree with. I stand but what I say - the tendency on this forum & in others I have seen is for people who see a game live to have a way more negative vibe then those who were there live. It was particularly striking on Wednesday night.

A reminder

The fans around the stadium spontaneously CHEERED the dominance in the first half.

Yes, I'd like them to have scored. But the passing was WAY better then we have seen before and the speed was noticeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Dear MLSE

please let me know a few days before the game if Jozy is playing. If hes not playing fine just let me know beforehand please. do the decent and honorable thing.
    If he is not playing I will sell my seats on stubhub.
    Its been 3 games in a row at home where he hasn't played.
    If he is not playing I know exactly how the game will play out.
    the opponent will park the bus, play for the tie or transition goal to win the game

not worth watching and definitely not worth paying for
    let someone else pay for that shitshow
    Excellent supporter you are, as the song goes, Through the thick and through the thin we support the Legend TFC.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-17-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Morrow on was good. But Deleon should have stayed on the pitch regardless. He was clearly motivated to perform.
    He's a right-sided player who was being played out of position. His struggles in the first half were not his fault in that respect. Obviously Vanney thinks enough of him that he want to keep him in the 11 but Auro on the right is a no-brainer if he is available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but if people suggest you see better off a TSN feed then from live, that I will NEVER agree with. I stand but what I say - the tendency on this forum & in others I have seen is for people who see a game live to have a way more negative vibe then those who were there live. It was particularly striking on Wednesday night.

A reminder

The fans around the stadium spontaneously CHEERED the dominance in the first half.

Yes, I'd like them to have scored. But the passing was WAY better then we have seen before and the speed was noticeable.
    Ya, the crowd did that after a very attractive spell of play. That reaction surprised me to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched him all this and last year. I stick to what I said. His runs are half hearted and are just jogging. When he gets the ball he can't dribble at all and if he is forced to then it's a disaster like the scuff last night. He is a periphery player that allows himself to be pushed to the periphery. All he has is a decent shot (at times) and decent instincts to get into a poachers spot a few times a match but often his poor finishing ruins those chances. He will never be a good MLS forward here or anywhere else. What you see with him now is all he will ever be and that's not good enough.

I understand he gets favor because he is Canadian but he is not even good MLS depth. Not anymore anyway.

Also on my watching closely at matches list is Delgado and he isn't fairing much better. Last year I studied the work of Zavaleta and there's no need to continue that this season as he is what he is.
    “Is all he will ever be?” He’s 23. Everyone on these boards has been complaining about how slow and deliberate the buildup play has been - that is really challenging for a striker, who can not anticipate runs or really make them. Playing that way and having him play in a “1” means he has virtually no chance of success. Move the ball, provide service, and create space with another striker and you will be giving him a chance to succeed. And when he does get his chances, he scores. I call that finishing; you poaching. But either way he scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people, including me, forget that up until 4 months ago, this team

• thought it had 2 DP strikers
    • thought it had a TAM long ball passing AM
    • played 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 exclusively

Given what they are trying to do without a full off season & pre season, I'll take where they are right now offensive wise, especially the last couple of games where they actually tried to penetrate quickly as against the swing the ball around the back approach.
    One, some of this isn’t even true. We were already experimenting with 4-3-3 variations last year at certain points *and* it was getting clearer all the time we needed help out wide.

Two, if a professional manager did not see any of that coming, they should be out of a job. These were not all seemingly random events that dropped out of the sky. Even some people on this board had the foresight to see that having high profile players play out the last year of their contract had significant risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - didn’t know this. If I were him I’d be livid to take a paycut that was partially spent on Boyd. He would be better off in the CPL. I am really worried that TFC has become a US team in Canada. It could really stunt the development of the game here going forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    “Is all he will ever be?” He’s 23. Everyone on these boards has been complaining about how slow and deliberate the buildup play has been - that is really challenging for a striker, who can not anticipate runs or really make them. Playing that way and having him play in a “1” means he has virtually no chance of success. Move the ball, provide service, and create space with another striker and you will be giving him a chance to succeed. And when he does get his chances, he scores. I call that finishing; you poaching. But either way he scores.
    It's not like this is his first season. He had chances. You watch him with TFC2? He didn't tear it up there either. Same story; every now and then he pops up and gets a great chance at goal.