RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - May 3 - 5

Friday

Vancouver @ Colorado 9pm - The Dysfunction Derby Rapids fire their coach then hire his assistant who actively avoided learning about the game when a player vs. organization that is a dumpster fire when it comes to dealing with internal issues What I'm looking at this game? Can Colorado's decent players play decently

Saturday

LAG @ NYRB 2pm- Zlatan vs. the sagging Energy drinks What I'm looking at this game? MLS might just MLS here and then LAG get stopped by a less then good NYRB team

FCD @ Houston 4pm- Game of the Week Texas derby has 2 decent teams What I'm looking at this game? Can Dallas control stifle Houston's countering speed

NYC @ Montreal 5pm- NYC has the least amount of losses in the East, but 6 draws Montreal trying to make a statement of intent What I'm looking at this game? Can NYC score enough so that the Montreal counter doesn't matter

NER @ Philly 7:30pm - Philly blowing its horn as the top team in the East. Which likely means lacklustre NER will beat them What looking at this game? We play Philly in a week - watch how their offence is clicking

Columbus @ DCU
    8pm - A few weeks ago, this would have been a barn burner - 4 losses in a row for the pee stains What I'm looking at this game? Can either team be conistently threatening

Seattle @ Minnesotta 8pm - Seattle is a better team offensively & defensively & better coached What I'm looking at this game? Can Seattle be ruthless

Portland @ RSL 9pm - Portland rounding into form but still 4 weeks from a home game Rimando less RSL needs to make home field count What I'm looking at this game? Should be some goals in 2 of the worst defences in the league

Cinci @ San Jose 10pm - If SJE's system has a perfect victim, its the Cinci team with defensive concentration issues. What I'm looking at this game? If SJE has turned the corner, this is the game to prove it

Chicago @ LAFC 10:30pm - Chicago is bad. LAFC is humming along. What I'm looking at this game? How bad can a scoreline get when Bob Bradley insists on his team taking everybody they play seriouisly

Sunday

Atlanta @ SKC 9pm- Vermes has this thing about proving to European coaches he is better then them. What I'm looking at this game? SKC will go out wide on Atlanta who may not be able to handle it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Vancouver and Colorado are two very bad teams. Colorado has a star former English Premier League keeper, yet the defense is so bad that he's constantly hung out to dry. Vancouver isn't much better. Both teams managed to make a 3-2 game look tedious. Plus what could generously be called sparse attendance and almost non existent support made for a horrible atmosphere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like MLS finally woke up tonight.

Osorio's goal might not even be top 3 for the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB-LA game was good to watch. But no one in the East looks very scary this year.
    The Columbus-DC game is on TSN2. Great they're showing more games. Columbus had a goal called off by VAR, but no one knows why.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci coach is in over his head.

Team is down a goal, up a man, playing with 3 DM's and he subs off a forward for another forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 teams in the West undefeated at home.... only NYCFC with that baseball pitch undefeated at home in the East.

I'm not sure what to make of it really - I'm not convinced that the West has improved to the point of being better than the East this year. I think TFC can compete with any team in the West especially as we fix our defence. Ciman & Mavinga were much better today..first time Orlando have not scored in game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly looks like theyre gonna be a huge threat in the next couple of months, i know its only new england but 6-1, sheeeesh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a crazy league, some of these results are bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandia View Post
    Philly looks like theyre gonna be a huge threat in the next couple of months, i know its only new england but 6-1, sheeeesh
    They “lost” 4-4 last game too.

Being a Revs supporter has got to be awful. Team is a dumpster fire, plastic pitch stadium is in the middle of nowhere, owner doesn’t know they exist...

It’s like the came up with the logo first and then said, “Okay, build a sporting franchise that is as bad as this logo.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think the Revs only exist as a loss-leader for the Krafts at tax-time. The fans should wake up and realize that the ownership simply doesn't care and vote with their feet. I think the Krafts would be fine with the Revs playing in an empty home stadium so long as the team valuation keeps rising. I firmly believe that it's just about at the point where MLS is going to have to step in and lay down some minimum expectations for the owner's of the under-performing teams in the league. Shape up or you'll be forced to sell to another local investor.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Honestly, I think the Revs only exist as a loss-leader for the Krafts at tax-time. The fans should wake up and realize that the ownership simply doesn't care and vote with their feet.
    (1) if you can allocate a certain percentage of stadium expenses to the Revs you can force a tax loss on their behalf.

(2) their attendance is down 25% so far this year. People are deciding that an MLS 1.0 team is not worth the effort of showing up for.

(3) The Krafts fought the DP rule, wanted to run MLS on the cheap. Imagine MLS without any of its stars, it would be far less compelling.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wow, Vancouver and Colorado are two very bad teams. Colorado has a star former English Premier League keeper, yet the defense is so bad that he's constantly hung out to dry. Vancouver isn't much better. Both teams managed to make a 3-2 game look tedious. Plus what could generously be called sparse attendance and almost non existent support made for a horrible atmosphere.
    And Henry slap was shameful.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    NYRB-LA game was good to watch. But no one in the East looks very scary this year.
    The Columbus-DC game is on TSN2. Great they're showing more games. Columbus had a goal called off by VAR, but no one knows why.
    NYRB was inspired. Now can they keep it up?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Capitan was some great highlights. Houston and Dallas.

No counter from Montreal and Browne was silent for an entire half. See if he gets less minutes next match.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-06-2019 at 05:55 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see on Saturday. Philly have been at home for a 5 game stretch so I think we can throw a wrench into their form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Cinci just sacked their coach

harsh considering their newly promoted status?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Cinci just sacked their coach

harsh considering their newly promoted status?
    He and Hudson both fired themselves. Insane to say the things they were saying, unless you want to be terminated.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci's GM should get the chop too