Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman looked good.
    Mavinga is a baller.
    Osorio looked like a man possessed on that goal. Shot before was nice. 3g 4a on the year.

Chapman did well, happy he was able to get an assist for pozo.

Bradley was solid.

Q is refreshing to have seems to be mentally strong. Even when he messed up at the end with mavinga, he made up for his own mistake. Like to see that and I think is distribution was good.

Pozo should have at least another assist if auro had the same touch as Chapman.

He is a beast, gets off a decent shot before going down. Needs a breather and back in the game.

Good road win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Wileman is terrible

Drones on about irrelevant shit, instead of describing the game.
    He really frustrates me
    Agreed. He would have failed communications and broadcasting 101. The guy has no clue, and should be forced to sit in a dark room, and listen to 5 hours of his play by play. Foster Hewitt knew how to build excitement just by saying the players name, changing his inflection, speed, lifting and raising, his voice. And, you could close your eyes and know what was going on....Wileman takes your attention away from the pitch, and strands you in his blather and babble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Westburg needs a nickname.

Vincent Van Gogh?
    How about some sort of cross between his surname and iceberg, because he’s cool and composed.

Got it! Let’s nickname him... Westburg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game of two halves thankfully, I'm not a big Oso fan but that was a great piece of individual skill. Westburg needs to be the starter going forward

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best goal Osorio has made in MLS competition. Mavinga and Ciman were great. Keeper, was great....Must say, I was surprised

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westberg was quite good. If he didn't save that early attempt, TFC probably wouldn't have won. His positioning, distre, and shot stopping was good.

Vanney's tactical change in the second half, as well as his substitutions were just what was needed.

Orlando made a tactical error in subbing off Will Johnson for a more aggressive posture, trying to win the game. That's what opened up space for the first goal.

Two goals by two Canadians. Plus as they mentioned on the broadcast, Vanney now has more wins than all of TFC's previous coaches put together, in 107 less games.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite some shaky moments so far this season I always had full confidence in Mavinga still being a top CB in MLS. Huge game from him today. Ciman was also quite good. He is such a wildcard... seems it's either high highs or low lows for him. We'll see tomorrow but today he was pretty solid.

Westberg should just be the #1 keeper now. Give Bono the Canadian Championship games. Almost definitely no clean sheet if Bono had been starting. I really like Westberg's distribution as well (though Vanney should probably tell him to have a little less confidence under intense pressure...).

As ag said when we have a lead and the other team has to open up we get chances at will it seems. Sort out our backline and work on breaking down set defenses and we could really make a run this year.

Osorio just keeps chugging along. To echo Wileman, "new contract, same Jonathan Osorio".

Last thing, seeing Pozuelo go down under this heat in the 82nd minute and then go on to play the rest of the game and make some hard runs too, that concerns me. Remember he's played a full season already in Belgium this year and when we signed him management said they realized it and would try to watch his minutes. I'm worried we're not gonna do that because he's so vital already.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Osorio is too busy trying to score wondergoals. Take a touch, be patient, hit it with your right. Dude is taking the volley on his left.
    lol owned

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Orlando wins 3-0.
    I'm glad that prediction wasn't true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Western Wall
    Like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Despite some shaky moments so far this season I always had full confidence in Mavinga still being a top CB in MLS. Huge game from him today. Ciman was also quite good. He is such a wildcard... seems it's either high highs or low lows for him. We'll see tomorrow but today he was pretty solid.

Westberg should just be the #1 keeper now. Give Bono the Canadian Championship games. Almost definitely no clean sheet if Bono had been starting. I really like Westberg's distribution as well (though Vanney should probably tell him to have a little less confidence under intense pressure...).

As ag said when we have a lead and the other team has to open up we get chances at will it seems. Sort out our backline and work on breaking down set defenses and we could really make a run this year.

Osorio just keeps chugging along. To echo Wileman, "new contract, same Jonathan Osorio".

Last thing, seeing Pozuelo go down under this heat in the 82nd minute and then go on to play the rest of the game and make some hard runs too, that concerns me. Remember he's played a full season already in Belgium this year and when we signed him management said they realized it and would try to watch his minutes. I'm worried we're not gonna do that because he's so vital already.
    Agree with everything. Ciman is a bit of a hot/cold player unfortunately, but I never understood the Mavinga criticism. He’s one of the best defenders in the league, clutch, etc. He may not have a Moor-like MLS IQ, but he’s one of the best defenders in the league and when he’s on it must irritate everyone on the opposing team.

Everyone blames the bad times on Moor being out, but Mavinga being out hurt us too. Moor can coordinate and makes few mistakes, but he’s also slow. No one in MLS is consistently making inch perfect last ditch tackles and when Mavinga is on he’s head an shoulders above the majority of MLS defenders.

We harp on bad defense but most teams don’t have defenders like Mavinga (or even Ciman). They have a bunch of Zavaleta-tier guys and even bench defenders for TFC start for other teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    lol owned
    You forgot to post this on Jay Chapman’s instagram photo of his goal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm glad that prediction wasn't true.
    I know, eh....first half they were utterly dominated, but the second half, was TFCs best in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A great three points at the end of the day. Hands up who saw that coming at halftime? After a very lethargic opening 45 we really stepped it up a gear and ended that game by far the better side and deserved winners. Ive been critical of his form lately but what a goal by Osorio. In that one move he showed what he's capable of, and why TFC have placed such faith in him. Mavinga again had a solid game at the back and along with a couple of top classs saves from Westberg kept us in it in the first half, and in front in the second. Honourable mention to the captain who again was solid throughout.

We'll see what the next week brings and if Curtis can earn his corn. I still think we need a top class striker, although I don't doubt we need shoring up at the back. Its just the former is more of a priority for me than the later. Either way i'm not convinced Gonzalez (and the salary he'd bring with him) is the answer

Anyway, Onward and upwards, let hope we make those two games in hand count in the coming weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I'm shocked. I thought for sure this was going to be a loss.

I wasn't able to watch the game – what was different? What did we do to win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney's tactical change in the second half, as well as his substitutions were just what was needed.

Thank god for cramps and heat stroke otherwise the substitutions might not have happened. We looked better in the second half so he should get credit but we were utter crap in the first half and if Orlando had scored we probably don't win. Not sure why he can't try something different from the get go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice win! Hopefully that quiets the nattering nabobs of negativity for at least five days.

I honestly don’t know how Oso has had so much criticism. He continues to just be a good footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys the sky is NOT falling .. a few pick ups over the next few weeks, plus Jozy back = BEST IN THE EAST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets leave the Choke jobs to the pros .... Leafs/Raps

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Wow. I'm shocked. I thought for sure this was going to be a loss.

I wasn't able to watch the game – what was different? What did we do to win?
    Our best were better than theirs. Mavinga & Westberg were excellent - Ciman only had 1 brain fart. Osorio bit of brilliance, combined Pozeulo and Chapman bit of brilliance.

And Bradley played higher up the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our best were better than theirs. Mavinga & Westberg were excellent - Ciman only had 1 brain fart. Osorio bit of brilliance, combined Pozeulo and Chapman bit of brilliance.

And Bradley played higher up the pitch.
    So it seems Vanney did adjust a bit, but not too much. Okay, I suppose it was enough.

But will he actually so as far as moving Delgado out of the lineup? We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people on this board would always complain even if we had Real Madrids line up...which of course sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Some people on this board would always complain even if we had Real Madrids line up...which of course sucks
    Complaining about sports is the equivalent of complaining about the weather or politics.

Should be proud the discussions rarely achieve the levels of angst displayed between Game of Thrones book readers and TV watchers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Let's Hope We Can Keep This Going

I have listened/read several analysts/players/coaches opinions regarding today's game. It appears that the heat/humidity affects different players in different ways. Obvious - I know. We may be a team that plays well in the heat and under certain conditions. Each 45 was very different - we played to win in the second half. On the road!!!!

Certain Orlando players were having obvious fatigue/heat issues that benefited us, while some of our players seem to be less impacted (Mavinga, Ciman, Auro, General, etc.). Just thought that I would share my observation. Happy and surprised by this win, given our recent show of weaknesses.

The month of May will say a lot about this team.

Can we help Morrow, who is technically gifted in reading the play and with the ball at his feet, to return to his former glory and shoot with more accuracy?????

Q is our man.

On to Atlanta who play KC away on Sunday (tomorrow) and Orlando at home next Sunday. They have played only 7 home games, because of Champions League. But their MLS home record is 1-1-2!!!
    I Sounds
    familiar, like
    TFC 2018!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley looked like he could play another 90minutes - the man is as fit as it is possible to be. I would be surprised if he plays til close to 40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Nice win! Hopefully that quiets the nattering nabobs of negativity for at least five days.

I honestly don’t know how Oso has had so much criticism. He continues to just be a good footballer.

I would say consistency
    , sometimes Oso just disappears from the match, he turned up in the second half,
    first half he was trying to be more skillful than he is and loses possession. Nothing to do with being a nattering nabob of negativity.
    It was a great goal by Oso, but I saw nothing from him in the first half, if he had been as tenacious in the first half,
    perhaps a better game from him, just what I was seeing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post

I would say consistency
    , sometimes Oso just disappears from the match, he turned up in the second half,
    first half he was trying to be more skillful than he is and loses possession. Nothing to do with being a nattering nabob of negativity.
    It was a great goal by Oso, but I saw nothing from him in the first half, if he had been as tenacious in the first half,
    Osorio is averaging almost a point a game and playing out of position. I want to see how he does as a link between Bradley and pozuelo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post

I would say consistency
    I think it’s worth keeping in mind they’ve often had Osorio playing as a near FW on the left side. It’s a thankless job for Oso cause he doesn’t fit that role, he’s just plugging gaps.

If he’s going to look like he did last year they need too hurry up and sign players to fill these holes. Kick Delgado to the bench and allow Osorio to play centrally, or at least closer to Pozuelo. That’s how you’re going to get the most out of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gulf in quality between us & Orlando was eye opening.

As long as we have our heads into it (I don't think we did for long stretches of the first half), we are a playoff team. Team woke up when Osorio did his thing & then Poz got some space and that was all she wrote.
    I wouldn't say there was a gulf in quality. Orlando could have scored 3 in the 1st half, they dominated. Osorio's goal came out of no where then after TFC dominated. Orlando looked more to have lost the game rather than being outmatched.