As you all probably know, the Maple Leafs are out (again) after the first round of the playoffs, and in a shameful way.
I was reading this morning on 2 Leafs discussion boards, and their supporters are flaming, some of them say they are finished for forever supporting this team, etc, etc.... so just the "usual" talk in these kind of situations.

Now, the only reason I've opened this thread, is because I'm thinking:
Isn't now the very best time window open (for about 5 months) to convert some Maple Leafs fans, to become (also) TFC supporters? The type of people who until now were not interested at all in TFC, but they are marginally liking footy at least.

I'm not living in Toronto, but I bet many, many of you have friends, colleagues, neighbors who like sports, are big on the Leafs, but never saw a TFC game. Now is the time to talk to them, and do your best to invite them to 1-2 TFC games... and then pray for those game to be "good ones". As atmosphere and result.

What else could you do?
You could make a membership real fast in 1-2 of the Maple Leafs discussion boards, and in one of the threads where this new Leaf unsuccess is discussed make a post(s) to invite them politely to a new experience... to a TFC game.

What's the worst that can happen? Some idiots will curse you, or you may be banned (but not if you're polite.)
But I think it's really worth the try.

Here's an example thread:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-lose.2638433/

One thing would be good to mention in all your talks and posts is that the average TFC player is earning just 1/4-1/3 (I have no idea what the real amount would be) of what the average Leafs player earns per year, but most of them do play their hearts out for the crest.
This is a thing that really matters for Toronto area fans!

Honestly, I think if at least 200 TFC fans would take action upon the above 2 action lines, maybe 2,000 new TFC game-goers and future TFC fans could be gained.

Any other thoughts on this?