Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Fined? This isn’t high school intramurals, and a pro athletes of Altidore’s stature should be respected.
    Yeah, it isn't high school, it's professional sports, where players are held to a professional standard.

Players get fined by clubs all the time for things as 'small' as being late to practice; I can't imagine how publically insulting the club president isn't way worse than that.

Don't get me wrong – I do love and respect Jozy; but not having him face any repercussions here sets a bad precedent.
    Last edited by James17930; 04-22-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore With Giuseppe Gueli on IG. “Back to Work”. Guess this is all resolved now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, it isn't high school, it's professional sports, where players are held to a professional standard.

Players get fined by clubs all the time for things as 'small' as being late to practice; I can't imagine how publically insulting the club president isn't way worse than that.

Don't get me wrong – I do love and respect Jozy; but not having him face any repercussions here sets a bad precedent.
    I would normally agree with you but I have seen very few athletes who put in everything for the team, at the expense of themselves (those other guys are callled Nylanders and skate big circles (ooops wrong thread). Jozy and Michael are why I love TFC! I don't disagree that he was over the top but if I had to choose a player like that and one who would be content with sitting and being injured because they have a 4 or 6 year contract, I would chose a Jozy every time. I sincerely believe he was more injured than we realize in the cup run but kept playing. I do hope Jozy gets better and they reconcile because if you look at the stats, he is so ridiculously valuable to this team.

I also think you saw a great deal of leadership in Bradley who took to defending the team and Jozy. These are the guys sweaters that you hang from the rafters one day, not because they were great but because they give everything for the club. TFC Til I Die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t have an opinion on this until we hear from someone at TFC and we learn how badly Jozy was hurt
    This is bizarre. Jozy's weird tweet last night (was that treatment authorized by the team?) but nothing else from anyone? 3 days later?

Hey TFC beat reporters, can you guys, um, ask Manning and Jozy a couple of obvious questions? Or at least tell us you tried?
    Last edited by ensco; 04-22-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is bizarre. Jozy's weird tweet last night (was that treatment authorized by the team?) but nothing else from anyone? 3 days later?

Hey TFC beat reporters, can you guys, um, ask Manning and Jozy a couple of obvious questions? Or at least tell us you tried?

He's out for 2-3 weeks. More quotes on twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    <ALL THE GOOD INFO>
    props, thanks mate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK it's all good.
    Jozy USMNT role not obviously threatened.
    Case closed.
    Thanks
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy's out for 3 weeks that's another 4 games without him. That'd be 7 games out of 13 matches injured, which is gracious considering he played a third of the match against New England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's a relief on many fronts. The prognosis could have been much worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Manning comparing Jozy to a tantrum-throwing child? Hmm

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They both embarrassed each other a little no big deal. They can move on now. Jozy apologizes publicly after Manning's comments. The rest will be handled internally if there is more to it. But it's done. Move on we are fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    They both embarrassed each other a little no big deal. They can move on now. Jozy apologizes publicly after Manning's comments. The rest will be handled internally if there is more to it. But it's done. Move on we are fine.
    Tend to agree; didn't read the tantrum quotes until after I heard about them, here… but, having read them, I think it's much ado about nothing.

Found his comparison apt, and served as the perfect segue into him speaking to his love for, and, now, strengthened relationship with, Jozy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post game interviews are just stupid. The whole culture around these needs to change.

They are 98% insipid mindless bromides combined with 2% incendiary stupidity (usually gotcha exercises, or heat of the moment things like Jozy's)

I cannot remember that last time I learned a single useful thing from one of these interviews in any sport. We get 1000x the level of insight on this board, than anyone has ever gotten out of an interview with a player postgame.

If I have to watch Michael Bradley fence with a reporter postgame ever again, I will stab myself in the eye.

This isn’t 1967 anymore. With social media and the 24/7 culture, there has to be a different way. Leave the players alone after the game.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-22-2019 at 10:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a lot out of Bradley after a game - Moor is not bad too - they give you an insight into how they think, which given those are the two most cerebral players on the squad, is useful. Less so the rest of the current squad. Seba was kinda fun in an incendiary way - it allowed us to see why he was so pissed off. Poz has been pretty much bromides.

The post match interview with Vanney is a necessity if you want to understand why things were done in a certain way - don't always agree but there is a reasoning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to ride my bicycle.....

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...76518701899776

jozy with a wicked finish to get the US the win
    Last edited by Section_105; 06-27-2019 at 09:50 AM.