Threaded View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - April 19-21

This is another week where teams who have looked good against not so good opposition face each other.

Just a reminder - everybody is playing in those Parley Jerseys that are made out of Ocean Plastics. So every game will look the same uniform wise.

Its always a bit weird not being able to differentiate between teams.

Friday

RSL @ Cinci 7:30pm
    Should be an even game What I'm looking at? Signs of Cinci building a home fortress mentality - it hasn't been there yet

Houston @ LAG 11pm Statement game for both teams. Houston is undefeated but apart from a home game vs Montreal, hasn't faced a tough team. LAG lost to Dallas in the toughest game they have faced. What I'm looking at? Can Zlatan force his personality on a better class of opponent.

Saturday

Colorado @ Chicago 1pm Two not good teams with only 1 win between them. This is poster boy for the defacto Div 1 & Div 2 divide in MLS right now. What I'm looking at? Can Colorado's project start to gel a bit & sneak a win at a vulnerable venue.

Montreal @ Phillly 1pm
    Montreal's counter vs Philly's wasteful attack. What I'm looking at? If Philly somehow goes up by 2, does Montreal have the wherewithal to get back in games.

Vancouver @ Orlando 3pm The annual LONGEST ROAD TRIP IN MLS also happens to be a game Vancouver has never lost. What I'm looking at? Can Orlando start well.

FCDallas @ Atlanta 4pm Dallas can be had by a defence that doesn't attempt to press but iF FCD have a lead, not sure Atlanta will get the ball back What I'm looking at? If Atlanta does't score first, will the fans stay interested.

Portland @ Columbus 7:30pm
    Portland's defence vs that attack is a mismatch What I'm looking at? Is there a Portland attack that our porous defence need fear next week?

NYRB @ NER 7:30pm Stinker of the Week NYRB quietly having a "TFC in 2018" kind of season What I'm looking at? The "Is this the end of BWP" watch continues

SKC @ SJE 10pm Mismatch Part I SJE isn't good enough to deal with a well coached team What I'm looking at? SKC is drawing more games then they should - can they be ruthless

Sunday

NYC @ DCU 4pm Mismatch Part II NYC's defence can't deal with interplay in front of them & their attack isn't good enough to make up for it What I'm looking at? This is the 2nd of 3 games the City boss from Manchester is at - an embarrassing loss here will not go over well

Seattle @ LAFC 7pm - GAME OF THE WEEK Top of the table clash Both defences can be had. Battle will be won & lost between the quality of LAFC's FB's versus the very running high FB's of Seattle. Expect Beitashour to be in the thick of things all game What I'm looking at? Is there lingering mental issues with LAFC from the loss in Vancouver
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.