Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let Bradley go? He’s the heart of this club. On and off the field. Just look at his comments about Jozy.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-20-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read Jozys outburst as him having been saying “Greg, I need this guy.” “ Out of my hands Jozy, speak to Bill”. “ Bill? Bill. Anyone home?” and getting fed up with the lack of response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo's humility in his post game interview is cool. "in 2 weeks no-one will remember the goals but they will the win".

Jozy's rant makes me think the trainer issue came up in his contract talks and he was given a promise it would be handled. Manning has been busy as we know and now he has been reminded.

In two weeks no-one will remember the rant but they will remember the 3 points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono got shelled here for that first goal by Chicago, and I thought that was unfair, but the first goal last night was ridiculous.

He seemingly cannot read balls in the air at all anymore. It wasn’t a weakness until Chivas lobbed that FK over him, and ever since, it’s like he needs glasses.

Thought he should sit at the start of the year. Did not think that, once you had committed to him, he should sit for a goal that resulted from a class play. But now... Agree that now he must sit.

We are incredibly fortunate to be on 13 points. I hope Vanney and Manning see that we have been below average at the back.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Yeah, I understand he is frustrated and all, but this is not a good look for him Imo. You should try and not go public with these things, slam your boss like that, especially with the theatrics of slamming the table, etc. He wears his heart on his sleeve, I understand that, and has been a great player for us, but like I said I really don't appreciate players doing this type of thing. He should have tried to resolve this , get answers some other way, or at the very least raise this issue in another way / time / place.
    I agree with you, but Jozy is what he is for better or for worse. My guess is that he already made his feelings known to Manning in private and now that Manning's decision came back to bite Jozy in the ass, he lost it.

Jozy is a warrior for us and he genuinely loves the club. No one is more disappointed than him that he will be on the sidelines again. I just hope that he can make it back within weeks as opposed to months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question was there a walk out in section 114 or something second half seemed like that whole section left?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Quick question was there a walk out in section 114 or something second half seemed like that whole section left?
    No. Because of the sparse numbers yesterday, they made their way east and joined into the empty spots in 112 and 113.

It was fantastic and definitely made us all sing in one voice. It's a sign of things to come with G.A. coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the weather and the fact that the Leafs and Raptors were both playing last night, I thought the turnout was actually pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    No. Because of the sparse numbers yesterday, they made their way east and joined into the empty spots in 112 and 113.

It was fantastic and definitely made us all sing in one voice. It's a sign of things to come with G.A. coming in.
    Wow thats great to hear, glad the tensions being broken between both groups. Maybe it can be a message to MLSE about a safe standing, proper placement of supporter groups, but will save that convo for another day lol. Would love to see some footage of it if anyone got.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy hasn't had a hamstring related injury since 2016 once the medical staff finally figured out what was causing it.

Then his favourite trainer gets canned because of Seba and suddenly a hamstring injury comes back.

You don't come out in the media fuming unless it's a last resort. Bradley essentially confirmed this with his comments.

Jozy is our go to Dp striker. If we lose him for an extended period this is clearly on Manning and medical staff. You need to take care of your investments especially if they know what works best for them. Why the hell would they make him play if he knew something wasn't right all week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when is the hamstring so complicated only one person in the world can help you with it.

This is more the case of the athlete being superstitious which is fine, but Altidore has to react better than calling out the president in public.

My gut is telling me that Manning wont be around in a year, I just get the feeling there are some deeper issues with the players and club staff, the board may have him on a short leash.

Waiting for Ensco's comments.
    Last edited by Richard; 04-20-2019 at 11:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audio of the interview - provided by Michael Leach

It sounds worse in print.

Manning response in this ESPN article http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-lea...r-games-of-ego

In a text message sent to ESPN FC's Jeff Carlisle, Manning said of Altidore that "he was frustrated" and added that he would talk privately to the U.S. international striker

This is going to blow over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Since when is the hamstring so complicated only one person in the world can help you with it.

This is more the case of the athlete being superstitious which is fine, but Altidore has to react better than calling out the president in public.

My gut is telling me that Manning wont be around in a year, I just get the feeling there are some deeper issues with the players and club staff, the board may have him on a short leash.

I get this point of view. However, if you’re investing a lot someone like Altidore, doing other things to keep the guy happy are not that unusual. It’s just shit you put up with in the name of seeing your star perform.

Anyway. I’m not going to make anything of this for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post

even in the first half I though the groups were great, rainy nights seems to bring out the best, kudos to all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

In the Jozy thread. No idea if this is bigger than it seems, but I have a theory on what it’s about.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

How was the new pitch up close? It looked OK on the highlights.
    Pitch looked very nice, stable, lush and green. No sand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So the Chicago lineup - except Ciman in for Moor. Going to need to score 4.
    Visionary ....but forgot to mention Bono in as well ....sadly ,
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time somebody says "Poz doesn't look interested" or "Poz is not able to get going".....just wait. Only going to judge the man ever on a 90 minute body of work.
    Was close to both goals epic , he was happy and totally into this game . He has a love for the give and go and you can see a lot of the players simply aren’t ready for it . And it confuses him a bit but he. Picks up and gets back to it . Not sure he was so happy because his wife and kids were at the game but he was total team man yesterday. Thank god for Hamilton ‘who I have had my doubts about’ , really showed up and rescued the letdown from many on the team yesterday. Mind you Opare wasn’t in the line up and their D was suspect as was ours .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Pitch looked very nice, stable, lush and green. No sand.
    Thanks. Looked good on TV, but you can only see if the play looks truly natural in person.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Visionary ....but forgot to mention Bono in as well ....sadly ,
    Two posts before

Based on the scuttlebutt this week, I think Bono starts

It being the first night of passover, that means its a full moon tonight.

Checks on who the ref is: Ismail Elfath

Prepare for some weirdness!

I hereby retire....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Hamilton! Nice pass from Osorio. Mavinga is basically a rich man's doneil Henry now, one bonehead play and one game saving tackle.
    You miss the point when he is partnered with a known mistake prone , slow CB ‘ Ciman’ he always overplays trying to back up the inevitable mistakes by Ciman , happened in first game also . With the mature presence ofvMoor , nobody gets by him . If they do , he is the only one quick enough to catch and tackle . And he should always be on the outside , he’s far too quick .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys who blame Vanney for playing Bono, give Vanney credit for the substitution of Hamilton.
    Thats how you win put in an attacker when you’re behind , unlike his usual defender sub . It’s not rocket science . But every game he puts in a like for a like or another defender pretending we can actually park the bus . Guaranteed loss when we stop going forward. And usually he waits far too long to go for the win . I realize he can do no wrong in your eyes but watching games that we should have won slip away by being too cautious or out coached ‘Seattle’ is frustrating . And he should not have started Bono , if you get a competitive start from Boni’s competition, you play the best until he screws up . Gives the athlete a chance to find his way back . We were saved yesterday by two amazing players get two goals each , on a shaky Minnesota ‘D’ . The team played overall poorly . Teams are flooding are weak spots and you can’t expect goals like yesterday to win each game . Vanney needs to react and surprise . Find a way to inspire our talent .

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats how you win put in an attacker when you’re behind , unlike his usual defender sub . It’s not rocket science .
    Actually, it's not as automatic as you suggest. Watch some of the best teams in the world and you won't see this as often as you think. A lot of teams don't change formation mid-game every time they fall behind.

he should not have started Bono , if you get a competitive start from Boni’s competition, you play the best until he screws up . Gives the athlete a chance to find his way back .
    Don't put too much faith in Westberg based on one game. How do you know how he looks in training? How he'd fare against Minnesota's offense? What his strengths and weaknesses are?

How a good coach reacts to a player with a slump (and Bono is in a slump right now) should be individualized to that player. Some players benefit from being benched and being forced to fight their way back in. Others should be given another game to try to break their funk. It's not cut and dried.

We were saved yesterday by two amazing players get two goals each , on a shaky Minnesota ‘D’ . The team played overall poorly .
    If you listen to Jordan Hamilton's post-game interview, he specifically credits Vanney's attacking formation and style as the reason for his goals. Give it another listen.

I realize he can do no wrong in your eyes
    Funny... I was thinking that he can do no right in your eyes, even when he does what you think should be done when the team falls behind. However, In case you think I uncritically accept his decisions, I stated earlier in this thread:

I don't blame Vanney for giving Bono another shot. However, it's on him if he keeps playing Bono and Bono plays like this.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-20-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Alright, guess I'll be the one to ask the hard hitting questions in here....

What's up with Auro's hair?
    He looks he dressed up like Carlton Banks when he dressed up as Macaulay Culkin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    He looks he dressed up like Carlton Banks when he dressed up as Macaulay Culkin.
    b'ahahha I'm outta here, man.

What a slug-fest, tho.

We'll need this grit, for later… so, some very important mins. logged, here, especially for the likes of J-Hamz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't care if we win 4-3 as long as we win, attack is the best defence, in my opinion, you score goals when the team actually goes forward, simple isn't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit that was bad.....

Audio of the interview - provided by Michael Leach

It sounds worse in print.

Manning response in this ESPN article http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-lea...r-games-of-ego

This is going to blow over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Oh shit that was bad.....
    Problem resolved it seems, water under the bridge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Oldtimer;1896520]Actually, it's not as automatic as you suggest. Watch some of the best teams in the world and you won't see this as often as you think. A lot of teams don't change formation mid-game every time they fall behind.

Don't put too much faith in Westberg based on one game. How do you know how he looks in training? How he'd fare against Minnesota's offense? What his strengths and weaknesses are?

How a good coach reacts to a player with a slump (and Bono is in a slump right now) should be individualized to that player. Some players benefit from being benched and being forced to fight their way back in. Others should be given another game to try to break their funk. It's not cut and dried.

If you listen to Jordan Hamilton's post-game interview, he specifically credits Vanney's attacking formation and style as the reason for his goals. Give it another listen.

Funny... I was thinking that he can do no right in your eyes, even when he does what you think should be done when the team falls behind. However, In case you think I uncritically accept his decisions, I stated earlier in this thread:[/QUOTE

yes With Hamilton it’s taken how long for Vanney to create formations that best represent the players he has instead of ( last year forcing his formations on players I’ll equipped to succeed in those formations . He’s stubborn period . We lost a 2016 championship game we should never have lost and last season should not have been the disaster it was . Our D is horrid a problem from early last year never rectified . His constant parking of the bus when we are ahead by 1 , for how many years , simply kills us . Don’t mention his constant same for same subs or worse defender or bringing on s defender trying to come from behind ?? I’ll let his results speak for themselves but me and others close to me are frequently disappointed when we predict a problematic coaching decision that affects a win . I haven’t the time to lists points , I’ve heard rumours that Mr. Bradley calls the shots anyhow . PS meeting him was not inspirational moment of my life . If that was the aura he has in the locker room ( some athletes need to be inspired on off days ), I’m not sure that’s his forte . But he may changing and becoming less rigid this year , he didn’t wait till the 85th min to try to win ...I admire your steadfast believe in this coach . A credit to your knowledge of the game , hats off . I hope your 100% correct .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought about it now, but why did Vanney start Jozy if he'd been feeling his hammy all week? Auro was kept out as precaution, so why not Jozy? He's obviously more important than Auro and the game was an insignificant one against an average Western conference team. Was totally unnecessary to play him.