Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Something about him will get found out.

BUT

Ricketts had no first touch & couldn't pass so people just let him have the ball in a 4-4-2/3-5-2 with Seba. In a 4-2-3-1, the striker doesn't get the ball that much.
    Ricketts off the bench always managed to bungle in some goals even though he was technically awful.

Hamilton can put the ball in the net, but his performance is usually better as a sub as well. I wish he’d get more of a look, but he doesn’t have the same skill set as Jozy and I’m afraid he’ll get completely frozen out if teams prepare for him.

Minnesota’s defense is terrible too, so Hamilton vs good teams isn’t necessarily inspiring. He has a good attitude and works hard when he gets the chance. He’s another example of a local player like Morgan who deserves time on the pitch. I’m all for him getting minutes, so we’ll see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Jozy just gave us something to talk about

Lets hope that is just the injury talking
    Oh Jozy. Never helps himself does he.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It wasn't an obvious sub. Hamilton has played quite a number of games without scoring. What Vanney saw was weakness on Minnesota's left defense, by throwing Hamilton in there he exploited a vulnerability.

Minnesota's right defense was much stronger and defeated a lot of attempts throughout the game.

As much as we think Bono's distribution is poor, he looks brilliant compared to Minnesota's keeper.
    And to think Minnesota’s keeper was a reasonable Fantasy Premier League option for a number of years. Funny to see him tonight in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Oh Jozy. Never helps himself does he.
    Maybe there’s something in this though. Jozy said his hamstring issues were probably going to be a thing of the past and that he’d had new regimens to diminish this specific injury.

Not great to put Manning on blast, but if he saw the end of these injuries and now they’re back, and it’s related to training and staff... whoops.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy saying the behind the doors stuff out loud because he's injured again & frustrated by it all.

If the team is smart, they get it all out behind the doors again & move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Ok with the giving Bono a shot here tonight thing but enough is enough for me now. Q brings more to this team then Bono right now. Team needs that distribution, that leadership & that sense of stability. Bono can do that again - not now though. His confidence is gone.
    he had some big saves tonight, possibly saves Westburg doesn't make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hamilton, two chances, two goals. Pozuelo, one chance, two goals.

Our defense was shambolic.

I think it was a great sub, great timing. Having said that, I think we've consistently underrated Hamilton's ability. It's not like this is the first time he's scored for us, he just never gets any time.
    I have never understood why Hamilton does not get more minutes. All he does is score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    he had some big saves tonight, possibly saves Westburg doesn't make.
    Bono needs to stay in his net. Also just make simple passes stop trying to be Allison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the scuttlebutt this week, I think Bono starts

It being the first night of passover, that means its a full moon tonight.

Checks on who the ref is: Ismail Elfath

Prepare for some weirdness!
    spot on there Og. you were on fire tonight with the predictions "we'll need to score four.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It wasn't an obvious sub. Hamilton has played quite a number of games without scoring. .
    He played two games prior to this, scored in one, played in a TFC2 match and scored in it. Then he scored two tonight. So he has four goals in five games so far.

He sat him when Jozy came back in favor of Akinola who offers something different, so he might already be convinced that he's up to stay. But we did release him last year, then re-sign him, so it's not like they'e shown a whole lot of confidence given what seems to be natural finishing ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I have never understood why Hamilton does not get more minutes. All he does is score.
    Do you play him instead of Jozy? He is a backup striker with a limited skill set and we’re currently playing with one up front. The Boyd experiment failed, the Big “slept on my couch” Ben experiment failed, Ricketts is gone, and now Hamilton is going to see some time up top.

He scores goals or is invisible, and he certainly is more on the invisible side when he starts games.

He isn’t going to get any success or rave reviews starting and getting shut down. He’s a good cheap local sub and can finish. Don’t want to see him get chewed up for being exposed while playing 90’.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    He isn’t going to get any success or rave reviews starting and getting shut down. He’s a good cheap local sub and can finish. Don’t want to see him get chewed up for being exposed while playing 90’.
    He'll never get any better if he doesn't play 90. The same was true with Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platt should possibly have kept his mouth shut if no other reporters were going to say anything
    No, that would be not doing the job for which he is paid.

If someone wants something off the record, they have to stipulate as such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platt should possibly have kept his mouth shut if no other reporters were going to say anything
    Not to muck rake, but if he wants to stand up in front of the press and vent it’s fair game to cover. It’s not like Plat was waiting in the bushes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s an obvious issue if what Jozy is saying is true. There were a ton of injuries last year but they weren’t injuries to Jozy’s hamstrings after he’d supposedly turned a corner and gotten rid of his hamstring issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll never get any better if he doesn't play 90. The same was true with Osorio.
    Sure, but if he plays 90’ he probably won’t be winning us many games against good defenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't only report on positive stuff. And Molinaro tweeted a similar summary anyways.

Full quote now:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even a consistent super sub role would be a step up. When he’s getting 30 minutes plus he’s on a good clip.

The issues is he’s often seen very limited minutes or meaningless 5-10 minute stints. Can’t see much from that other than if you’re a weightlifter or track star who somehow chose soccer as a profession despite having cinderblock feet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all putting it out there now. With transcripts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh we can never just have nice things can we?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interesting bit there is Jozy saying he knew he was dealing with it & tried to work through it but couldn't.

I know these are all huge alpha male types but Manning should be good enough to handle this quietly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this criticism of Ciman. what game were you guys watching??
    I was at the game. He was very good tonight. He is better than Moor.
    He was the 5th best player on the pitch tonight according to the audi index 624 audi index
    I knew he played well tonight but I didn't want to say anything cause everybody dislikes the guy, but when i saw tonights audi index i knew i was correct in my assessment of his play tonight.
    He may have been fouled on the header goal, im not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not going to pass judgement on Manning here but hopefully the club still goes the full distance to keep players happy on and off the field. That looked to be a big part of our success in 16-17.

Jozy’s frustrated but who wouldn’t be at that moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interesting bit there is Jozy saying he knew he was dealing with it & tried to work through it but couldn't.

I know these are all huge alpha male types but Manning should be good enough to handle this quietly.
    What surprises me is that Altidore just re-signed long-term. Presumably Manning would have been heavily involved in those negotiations.

To come out this strongly about this means it's been bothering him for a while. He says the trainer was canned when Seba left, so this has all been going on in the background as he extended his contract with us.

Being this at-odds with the team president right after re-signing for 4 years is not normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was the 5th best player on the pitch tonight according to the audi index 624 audi index
    I knew he played well tonight but I didn't want to say anything cause everybody dislikes the guy, but when i saw tonights audi index i knew i was correct in my assessment of his play tonight.
    I was on and off the game so won’t comment on Ciman but the Audi index is no way to measure the quality of a defender. Something that has very little statistical impact could literally be several catastrophic mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was fine in the first half and his play out the back was fine, but his belief in Elfath to give a foul that wasn’t there was definitely a pretty stupid mistake when it also led to a goal.

What is the exchange rate on Audi index points to FIFA ratings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I was on and off the game so won’t comment on Ciman but the Audi index is no way to measure the quality of a defender. Something that has very little statistical impact could literally be several catastrophic mistakes.
    Excuse me, but Audi Player Index is a world renowned sporting statistics tool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was at the game, and our area were very negative on Ciman. So it’s not just TV folks. Can pick a pass. Not great at defending though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman was good tonight, stop making him the scapegoat. When moor fucks up no one says anything. I'd like to see ciman start with Moor next game and auro will be starting next week. Let's see how that back four looks.